Home General Discussion
Options

Let Me Introduce Myself

I'm sick of this feeling. I've been sitting here, watching you all for the last 18 months, learning everything I can, and leaping face first into the world of cigars. Yes, that sounds creepy, but being a lurker is getting old. I'm finally going to join in on these conversations.

It started with a small order of Flor de Oliva, turned into a sampler of house blends, and here I am now with a fully stocked coolidor.

Anyways, a little about me: I love whiskey, cigars, and videogames. Professionally, I'm a Linux system administrator, but I do freelance journalism (videogame related) on the side.

Glad to meet you all and am excited to be here.

Comments

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums man!
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard. Hope you jump right into the conversations now. Sounds like you know us better the we know you.
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Nice to have ya....

Fully stocked coolidor, huh?

Well.......

Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Welcome to the forum. Light a cigar and stay awhile.
  • Options
    bipbip Posts: 483
    Welcome brother
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    Welcome, buy a bigger... uhh good job looks like your ahead of the game
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the island!
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Welcome aboard.
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Welcome man! Glad you stepped out of the shadows - I pretty much did the same thing, just didn't lurk quite as long.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Funny you bring that up. I read all the threads that said to pick up a huge humidor at the get go. I, of course, didn't listen and wound up with 2 50 counts that quickly filled. When I made the leap to coolidor, I took them apart and converted them to shelves. If you're considering starting this hobby up, do yourself a favor, and get a big humidor at the onset. Best. Advice. Ever.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Welcome to the forum! Hope that whiskey is Bourbon or fine Canadian blended. :)
  • Options
    lilwing88:
    Welcome to the forums. Nice to have ya....

Fully stocked coolidor, huh?

Well.......

Ask, and ye shall receive!

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    granneja:
    I'm definitely a bourbon guy. Maybe I'll take some pics of that collection next. ;)
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums. Nice collection! I have the same cooler for camping. Maybe I should talk the wife into letting me convert it?
  • Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Pshhht.... That's an "okay" collection.... for a nOOb.

LOL!

Just foolin. That's a decent collection for any level of cigar smoker. Nice pics!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Welcome to the forums. Nice collection! I have the same cooler for camping. Maybe I should talk the wife into letting me convert it?
    That, or you could pick up another on the cheap. Got mine from Amazon for 35 bucks. It seems to be on sale pretty frequently, so it might be worth checking on from time to time.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    jsnake:
    That, or you could pick up another on the cheap. Got mine from Amazon for 35 bucks. It seems to be on sale pretty frequently, so it might be worth checking on from time to time.
    LMAO that is where I got mine. It is a fantastic cooler and a bargain at that price plus free shipping. You might have just sold me another one.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice collection of cigars. Welcome to the forum. Stick around for a while.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forum and nice collection you have there!
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    JudoChinX:
    granneja:
    I'm definitely a bourbon guy. Maybe I'll take some pics of that collection next. ;)
    Sounds good to me, would love to see the collection. I have collected bourbon myself. Where do you hail from?
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    You have a nice collection. Welcome aboard. Get involved in the games, passes, and bombs
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    nice collection. Now send me some.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    granneja:
    Welcome aboard. Would appreciate your thoughts on bourbon and which ones you prefer. I'm just starting to get into bourbon. I've tried many but haven't paid that much attention until now. I really want to try some pappy van winkles but can never seem to find it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think his name is racist?

I'm not complaining, but that's all I can think about when I read his name!
  • Options
    granneja:
    JudoChinX:
    granneja:
    Sounds good to me, would love to see the collection. I have collected bourbon myself. Where do you hail from?
    I'm currently living in Provo, Utah. My bourbon collection isn't nuts, but it's not shabby. I'll get pics for those interested. :)
  • Options
    Luko:
    JudoChinX:
    granneja:
    Welcome aboard. Would appreciate your thoughts on bourbon and which ones you prefer. I'm just starting to get into bourbon. I've tried many but haven't paid that much attention until now. I really want to try some pappy van winkles but can never seem to find it.
    If you can find it, I think my absolute favorite bourbon is Buffalo Trace. I tried it on a whim, and wow is it great. Has great notes of green apple, vanilla, and spice. A very unique bourbon.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Does anyone else think his name is racist?

I'm not complaining, but that's all I can think about when I read his name!
    Ya, I get that from time to time. Here's a pronunciation guide: Judo-Chin-Ex
  • Options
    dennisking:
    You have a nice collection. Welcome aboard. Get involved in the games, passes, and bombs
    I definitely plan on it!