Options

Let Me Introduce Myself

2»

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:
    Lasabar:
    Does anyone else think his name is racist?

I'm not complaining, but that's all I can think about when I read his name!
    Ya, I get that from time to time. Here's a pronunciation guide: Judo-Chin-Ex
    Hmmmmmm... I'm gonna ignore that last post and think of you as a group of Ninja's...

That smokes cigars... But somehow because you're a ninja no one can see the smoke or smell the awesomeness of the cigars you smoke...

You are now a Ninja to me... That is all
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum, nice stash you have there my friend. I'm jealous.
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Lasabar:
    JudoChinX:
    Lasabar:
    Does anyone else think his name is racist?

I'm not complaining, but that's all I can think about when I read his name!
    Ya, I get that from time to time. Here's a pronunciation guide: Judo-Chin-Ex
    Hmmmmmm... I'm gonna ignore that last post and think of you as a group of Ninja's...

That smokes cigars... But somehow because you're a ninja no one can see the smoke or smell the awesomeness of the cigars you smoke...

You are now a Ninja to me... That is all
    I'll take it! :)
  • Options
    jsnake:
    JudoChinX:
    jsnake:
    Welcome to the forums. Nice collection! I have the same cooler for camping. Maybe I should talk the wife into letting me convert it?
    That, or you could pick up another on the cheap. Got mine from Amazon for 35 bucks. It seems to be on sale pretty frequently, so it might be worth checking on from time to time.
    LMAO that is where I got mine. It is a fantastic cooler and a bargain at that price plus free shipping. You might have just sold me another one.
    I'm in the same boat. I was discussing the possibility of building another coolidor with my wife. She, of course, thinks I'm crazy, but she's great about letting me have my fun. I think the next time I see it on sale, I'm going to jump on it.
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    jsnake:
    JudoChinX:
    jsnake:
    Welcome to the forums. Nice collection! I have the same cooler for camping. Maybe I should talk the wife into letting me convert it?
    That, or you could pick up another on the cheap. Got mine from Amazon for 35 bucks. It seems to be on sale pretty frequently, so it might be worth checking on from time to time.
    LMAO that is where I got mine. It is a fantastic cooler and a bargain at that price plus free shipping. You might have just sold me another one.
    I'm in the same boat. I was discussing the possibility of building another coolidor with my wife. She, of course, thinks I'm crazy, but she's great about letting me have my fun. I think the next time I see it on sale, I'm going to jump on it.
    Doh! Of course the moment I say that it actually does go on sale: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-70-Quart-Xtreme-Cooler-Blue/dp/B000G64I1A/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1311153879&sr=1-1 For those interested, that's the link. I just checked yesterday and it was over 70 bucks! Now it's down to 40. Great cooler for coolidor purposes.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice collection. I just ran out of room in my 50 count humidor myself so I'm looking at a 150 count San Marco end table type humi. Oh and I'm a Scotch man myself my favorite being Dimple Pinch.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Nice collection. I just ran out of room in my 50 count humidor myself so I'm looking at a 150 count San Marco end table type humi. Oh and I'm a Scotch man myself my favorite being Dimple Pinch.
    I'm not big into scotch, but it's that I've not had many opportunities to try it. My mom got me a nice 12 year old bottle of single malt for my b-day, and I really enjoyed it. I have definite plans to get more diverse with it.
  • Options
    Ok, here is the current bourbon collection for those interested:

• Options
    Left out my scotch, Canadian whiskey, and Tennessee whiskey (even though I still very much so consider Tennessee whiskey to fall under bourbon).
  • Options
    dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudoChinX:

I love me some bourbon! Have you had the Makers Mark 46? If not it's a definite must try!

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick check on Maker's Mark 46 - here's what I found:

Overall: An excellent bourbon that is well balanced and quite drinkable. Soft like a wheat bourbon, but pleasingly full bodied. Worthy to sit on any shelf. As long as I am doing a good business in bourbon, it will be close at hand on my shelves.

That quote is form a bourbon website that I check periodically. I personally haven't yet tried it. I have tried the regular Maker's Mark and found it to have a bit less body than what I prefer. Probably has something to do with being a wheated bourbon.

Still, that's a very tasty looking collection sitting there.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    JudoChinX:

I love me some bourbon! Have you had the Makers Mark 46? If not it's a definite must try!
    May I recommend trying Knob Creek..
  • Options
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    JudoChinX:

I love Knob Creek as well.

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Options
    The Kid:
    dbeckom:
    JudoChinX:

Bookers is a good one also

• Options
    I totally failed. Not sure how I missed the Knob Creek in my cabinet, but here's a pic with that and all other whiskies that don't fall under bourbon. Also, I've heard great things about Bookers, so if I see it at my local liquor store, I'll be sure to nab it.

• Options
    I've not, but if it comes recommended, I'll put it at the top of my list. I've seen it at my liquor store.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    What kind of training does one need to have marketable skills in the job market as a Linux systems admin or any other systems admin?
  • Options
    I'd recommend you be well rounded with various flavors of Linux. Gentoo is a fantastic option for anyone looking to become more familiar with the inner workings of the OS than you thought possible. I great place to be at for a webhost like where I work at would be to get Gentoo going with apache, suphp, mysql, ftp, custom logging.

As far as my job, the interview was basically a landslide of questions ranging from how DNS works, hardware like RAID, buffers, cache, swap (how they work, uses), troubleshooting methods (top, iotop, iostat, vmstat, strace), bash (operators, common commands, syntax), routing, configuration, and much much more. It was pretty much the most stressful moment of my life (yes, even more so than my wedding day), and somehow, I got the job.

Most importantly, be able to demonstrate that you have the ability to learn and implement new ideas. No one knows everything, but being able to look up and use information is absolutely the most important thing. Finally, if you land an interview, don't BS. If you don't know something, just come out and say it. I was brutally honest in my interview and I think that was appreciated.
  • Options
    Oh, and being able to program is a huge plus. I'm very meager in that area, knowing a little bit of bash scripting and working on learning perl. Perl seems to be the sys admins' language of choice from my experience.
  • Options
    JudoChinX:
    I've not, but if it comes recommended, I'll put it at the top of my list. I've seen it at my liquor store.
    If you like Makers Mark, you'll love Makers 46!

• Options
    dbeckom:
    JudoChinX:
    I was reading up on this, and it sounds like a major difference is the addition of oak planks into the barrel after a bit of maturation. Sounds like that gets more of the wood's characteristics into the final product. Very intriguing.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    IMO linux for some reason never really took off like other OS.. I used to work on Sun workstations and Unix was the platform.. Sun has drastically been reduced. These OS systems while very powerful just didnt have the following that MS had.. I started learning the Mac about 2 years ago.. Pretty impressive especially for Graphic Design..
  • Options
    The Kid:
    IMO linux for some reason never really took off like other OS.. I used to work on Sun workstations and Unix was the platform.. Sun has drastically been reduced. These OS systems while very powerful just didnt have the following that MS had.. I started learning the Mac about 2 years ago.. Pretty impressive especially for Graphic Design..
    Linux definitely has a place, but certainly not primarily in the home. It's better suited as a server. As far as macs go, I'm on mine now, but also use Windows for gaming. I like em' all!
  • Options
    dbeckom:
    JudoChinX:
    At your recommendation, I picked up the fabled Maker's Mark 46. It's awesome! I can't believe how smooth it is. Superb.