Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Dammit, I'm letting someone else guess before me so i don't monopolize this thing, then I'm guessing again!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    This frickin thing is google proof, Spiderman vs. the Lone Ranger vs. the The Legends of the Fall
  • Options
    dwayne3307dwayne3307 Posts: 272
    kaspera79:
    This frickin thing is google proof, Spiderman vs. the Lone Ranger vs. the The Legends of the Fall
    LOL. Atleast youre trying!! C'mon Heavy, let's hear your guess
  • Options
    What the hell - I'm going to say Tombstone, although I still don't think that really fits with all of the clues.
  • Options
    DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!Good job my friend!! Taking the clues in order...the bad guys in Tombstone are called the Cowboys.....Val Kilmer played Batman a superhero and the guy who played the Sandman in Spiderman 3 was in it too(his name escapes me)...2 brothers, Morgan and Virgil get shot, Morgan dies...and lastly in the shootout at the OK Corral. PM your info and i'll get something out to you.
  • Options
    Woohoo! Man, the superhero hint kinda threw me off, but I did go back and forth on whether that referred to a character in the movie or an actor. PM forthcoming. Give me a day or two and I'll come up with the next movie....

Oh yeah, and THANKS!!
  • Options
    And I just wanted to say, while everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for my first clue (or not...haha), has anyone else noticed that this thread has more than 1.5 MILLION views?? That's freakin' incredible. Especially since I'm the only loser to step up and guess like 3 or 4 times this go-around
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    And I just wanted to say, while everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for my first clue (or not...haha), has anyone else noticed that this thread has more than 1.5 MILLION views?? That's freakin' incredible. Especially since I'm the only loser to step up and guess like 3 or 4 times this go-around

Yes, that's pretty awesome. Sometimes we get wrapped up in all the other threads. But for 1.5 million views. It's not over looked. Waiting on that next clue Sir :)......
  • Options
    dwayne3307:
    DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!Good job my friend!! Taking the clues in order...the bad guys in Tombstone are called the Cowboys.....Val Kilmer played Batman a superhero and the guy who played the Sandman in Spiderman 3 was in it too(his name escapes me)...2 brothers, Morgan and Virgil get shot, Morgan dies...and lastly in the shootout at the OK Corral. PM your info and i'll get something out to you.
    What theF*** ! Sherlock Holmes would not have figured that one out. But, after the fact it makes sense. Nice going Heavy.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    dwayne3307:
    What theF*** ! Sherlock Holmes would not have figured that one out. But, after the fact it makes sense. Nice going Heavy.
    It took me forever to come up with hints that wouldn't give it away easily. I'm glad Heavy got it when he did, I was close to throwing in the towel and just posting the answer.
  • Options
    I don't know.. You did take a different approach when giving out the clues. nice effort on your part.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I liked my answer. Westworld Yule Brenner was a Cowboy, robot, but a cowboy still. Only this had 2 brothers, one that gets shot. LOL
  • Options
    I wanted you guys to have to put on your thinking caps!!!
  • Options
    Best known shootout did it for me. I was about to say Gunfight at the OK Corral, but then realized Tombstone was the more modern version of that movie.

OK, I have 2 movies in mind. Once I figure out which one will have better clues, I'll post it a little later this morning. Need coffee first...
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Best known shootout did it for me. I was about to say Gunfight at the OK Corral, but then realized Tombstone was the more modern version of that movie.

OK, I have 2 movies in mind. Once I figure out which one will have better clues, I'll post it a little later this morning. Need coffee first...

Awesome, I can't wait...
  • Options
    OK, this movie may be a little obscure. I would bet that people either love it, or have never heard of it. LOL. Sounds great, huh?

Clue #1: The main character is having A...VERY...GOOD...DAY!
  • Options
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off...
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I thought of that, but I wouldn't classify it as obscure (especially to my generation).
  • Options
    Man, I checked this thread a couple of times throughout the day, and it got well over 1,000 views. I just think it's a trip that this thread has over 1.5 million views - makes me wonder if there are non-cigar smoking movie buffs lurking or something!
  • Options
    Clue #2: The main character's wife is beyond pi$$ed off at him and is contemplating leaving.
    (bonus hint: this is not the first time that this actor/actress duo have played a couple on the big screen)
  • Options
    Errr....vague. I'm going to make a stab in the dark.."Fool's Gold"?
  • Options
    Nope. This movie is a bit older than that. Guess again if you'd like - 24 hour stipulation be damned.
  • Options
    Gonna have to wait on the next clue, me thinks.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    Gonna have to wait on the next clue, me thinks.

24 hours and I have two more to go....
  • Options
    gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    American Beauty?
  • Options
    OK, Clue #3: The main character's buddy/sidekick is (or was) a real life rock star. (to clarify, I'm talking about the actor, not the character in the film).
  • Options
    Clue #4: This movie has something in common with a big event happening today.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Clue #4: This movie has something in common with a big event happening today.
    Alright now, I'm going to keep throwing out hints until someone gets this...or at least guesses!

Clue to Clue #4: The big event today was the Kentucky Derby. The Kentucky Derby involves horse racing. Horse racing involves betting on said races.
  • Options
    I'm stumped. I'm thinking gambling, rock star, hollywood couple...nothings coming together. How about when the movie was made....or at least the decade?
  • Options
    Yup, late 80s. Your last post wasn't a guess, so guess away! This was an odd and very funny little movie that kinda flew under the radar, but has a bit of a cult following.