Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... that was definitely a strange one, bro!

Here we go...

Clue #1 - A quirky comedy featuring a suburban family.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neighbours
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    Neighbours
    Good guess... but no.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    The Burbs with Tom Hanks
    FireRob:
    The Burbs with Tom Hanks
    Nope... not "The Burbs"

Clue #2 - The actress who played the mother in this film also played the title role in an iconic 1966 episode of the original Star Trek series.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Dougie - 9405903699300204194168
    Clue #3 - The director of this movie is also known for being the creator of a quirky animation that was a big part of a 1980's game show.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    chrislolds:
    Chemnitz:
    Clue #3. A supporting actor in this movie also played a role in Black Hawk Down.
    I really didn't want to be the one to answer this, but I've got a great idea for clues on the next movie...

The Castle?
    "Tell him he's dreaming!"

Actually, I can tell you that you are correct, mate! I'd say PM me your addy, but I just cut it off the flatrate you sent me :)

The Castle (1997) is available on Netflix. If you want to see a comedy that captures some of the true, dinky di Australian culture, this is it. The positive attitude of the dad is inspiring, but it's worth it just to see Eric Bana's kickboxing attempts (This was his first movie, after doing stand up comedy in Australia for years).

You're up, Chris.
    Received this incredible prize pack from Chemnitz!

movie trivia photo IMG_20140617_185545494_zpsyyzvt8bl.jpg

Both some great sticks I've had the pleasure of enjoying and some new ones I've yet to try! Great selection, thank you so much!
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    chrislolds:
    Chemnitz:
    chrislolds:
    Chemnitz:
    Clue #3. A supporting actor in this movie also played a role in Black Hawk Down.
    I really didn't want to be the one to answer this, but I've got a great idea for clues on the next movie...

The Castle?
    "Tell him he's dreaming!"

Actually, I can tell you that you are correct, mate! I'd say PM me your addy, but I just cut it off the flatrate you sent me :)

The Castle (1997) is available on Netflix. If you want to see a comedy that captures some of the true, dinky di Australian culture, this is it. The positive attitude of the dad is inspiring, but it's worth it just to see Eric Bana's kickboxing attempts (This was his first movie, after doing stand up comedy in Australia for years).

You're up, Chris.
    Received this incredible prize pack from Chemnitz!

movie trivia photo IMG_20140617_185545494_zpsyyzvt8bl.jpg

Both some great sticks I've had the pleasure of enjoying and some new ones I've yet to try! Great selection, thank you so much!

Something about that prize pack looks familiar...get ready, Doug, is all I'm saying (sorry it's so late).
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Got completely hammered by Martel today. Sheesh, dude! What an amazing package! Two LFD's... Two Perdomo's in yellow cello... a Melanio! Fantastic sticks all around! Thank you, sir!

Clue #4 - The movie features a cameo appearance by Barney Rubble.
    Prize package from chrislolds arrived today! Cool selection, bro... thanks! I've wanted to try a Little Monster for awhile and can't wait to fire it up! Can't go wrong with MOW and Padron, and I've never tried Fonseca. Very nice!

Clue #5 - Although it's a cult classic, the star of this film thought it was one of the worst movies he's ever made.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Better off Dead
    Darktower007:
    Better off Dead
    You got it, Jason! I'll drop a lil' sump' sump' in the mail on Monday.

You are up, sir.
    Awesome! I had to ask a buddy who's a movie junkie. so...he said go with it..ironically his dog is named cusack...lol
    Clue one::: this drama was set in WW2 it had many German and Austrian actors one part is uncovered a gun runner is involved.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Darktower007:
    Better off Dead

You are up, sir.
    Is that the “I want my two dollars” movie? I love that movie and have not seen it in a long time
    FireRob:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Darktower007:
    Better off Dead

You are up, sir.
    Is that the “I want my two dollars” movie? I love that movie and have not seen it in a long time
    That's the one. Hilarious movie with some great quotable scenes...

On the way, Jason...

Puff_Dougie:
    On the way, Jason...

Thanks Doug!
    Darktower007:
    Clue one::: this drama was set in WW2 it had many German and Austrian actors one part is uncovered a gun runner is involved.
    Clue 2: One of the greatest movies of all time.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    schindler's list?
    No sir. :)
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    The Inglorious Bastards
    No...damn good movie though. Hint: it's not a recent movie.
    Wow! Thanks Doug! Some awesome smokes here...and wow..15 years of age!! imagephoto IMAG127_edit_1403728529912.jpg
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Nice selection! Good job, Doug.

No idea on the current movie.
    Glad they made it, Jason! Enjoy the spoils!
    Clue three: this movie is a classic. Often seen on AMC. Some gambling going on here and there as well.