Options

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Okay, its The Gingerdead Man 2.
    What?? They made a sequel??
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My next guess was Gingerdead Man 3... Gerry Busey needs work.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    Eulogy:
    Okay, its The Gingerdead Man 2.
    What?? They made a sequel??
    gingerdead man photo: Gingerdead Man 3 MV5BMTYyNjkzNDQ1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI0NTYzNQ__V1__SX640_SY896_SSWQE_zps95d0d811.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Clue #7 - Although this is not a kid's movie, the plot includes using board game components to solve a riddle that eventually leads to a toy factory.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    The Hills Have Eyes 2. The one from the 1980's with dirt bikes.
  • Options
    OK class... Let's review.

Clue #1 - This movie is not Cannibal Holocaust. ;^)

Clue #2 - This movie did not star Kevin Costner, but three members of its all-star cast did appear in well-known Kevin Costner films.

Clue #3 - This movie is not about sports, but four of the cast members appeared in other films whose plots centered around baseball.

Clue #4 - This movie is not about art, but if you combine the nicknames of two of the main characters you have the informal title of one of the most famous paintings of the 19th century.

Clue #5 - This movie is not about labor/management disputes, but three of the main cast members appeared in another movie about the famous West Virginia coal mining wars.

Clue #6 - This movie is not a space thriller, but the word astronomy features prominently in its plot line.

Clue #7 - Although this is not a kid's movie, the plot includes using board game components to solve a riddle that eventually leads to a toy factory.

Here's the next one...

Clue #8 - "Gandhi" is a bad guy and "Darth Vader" is a good guy.
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    spaceballs
  • Options
    flowbee:
    spaceballs
    *sigh.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    flowbee:
    spaceballs
    *sigh.
    Hahahaha oh man that made me laugh!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Puff_Dougie:
    flowbee:
    spaceballs
    *sigh.
    Hahahaha oh man that made me laugh!
    That's what Im here for!! :)
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much had this with the painting clue. But the last time I played the game I got sticks from Doug. I think I'll just sit back and watch the bad guesses unfold. Great clues.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I think I know what it is!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    End his suffering. Give the answer.

On an unrelated note; it's Children of the Corn.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:

I knew a child of the corn. A child actor who played one of the kids in the crowd in one of the sequels.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:

I knew a child of the corn. A child actor who played one of the kids in the crowd in one of the sequels.

Argghhhh, I grew up around a lot of corn fields and this movie always scared the crap out of me!!!! Thanks for reminding me of it. I don't think I've ever watched it in it's entirety, creepy kids suck.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Edna20:
    Martel:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:

Argghhhh, I grew up around a lot of corn fields and this movie always scared the crap out of me!!!! Thanks for reminding me of it. I don't think I've ever watched it in it's entirety, creepy kids suck.
    I like the new rug in the living room Kelly.... Hehehehehe ??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Edna20:
    Martel:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:

I'm never going to sleep again.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Amusing conversation... but wrong answer. It's not Children of the Corn.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need to start watching more movies.....

haven't played this game in a while because y'all always got me stumped !!!

seems like i'm not the only one without a clue this time around though.
    you should write the $1000 questions for jeopardy, doug! lol

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Edna20:
    90+ Irishman:
    Edna20:
    Martel:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:

I'm never going to sleep again.
    Bwahahahaha!
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:

Dammit, if no one's gonna answer cuz they don't wanna get bombed....is it SNEAKERS? (let the laughing at my horrible guess commence!)
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

Dammit, if no one's gonna answer cuz they don't wanna get bombed....is it SNEAKERS? (let the laughing at my horrible guess commence!)
    It's better than me trolling him.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

Lol! You were doing such a good job the other day I almost piled on, but didn't want to offend, ankle biters is some funny sh*t
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

Lol! You were doing such a good job the other day I almost piled on, but didn't want to offend, ankle biters is some funny sh*t
    That's one of the best terrible movies there is.
  • Options
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:
    Eulogy:
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

That's one of the best terrible movies there is.

I gotta see it now lol
  • Options
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

Finally we have a winner!! Good thing too, cuz I was running out of clues! Addy up, Smok3y!
  • Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    SM0K3Y:
    Puff_Dougie:

Finally we have a winner!! Good thing too, cuz I was running out of clues! Addy up, Smok3y!
    Damn. There's so many Children of the Corn sequels I could have chosen.
  • Options
    For those who were keeping score at home...

That one was for Eulogy

Clue #2 - This movie did not star Kevin Costner, but three members of its all-star cast did appear in well-known Kevin Costner films.
    Mary McDonnell, Dances With Wolves - James Earl Jones and Timothy Busfield, Field of Dreams

Clue #3 - This movie is not about sports, but four of the cast members appeared in other films whose plots centered around baseball.
    Robert Redford, The Natural - James Earl Jones and Timothy Busfield, Field of Dreams - David Strathairn, Eight Men Out

Clue #4 - This movie is not about art, but if you combine the nicknames of two of the main characters you have the informal title of one of the most famous paintings of the 19th century.
    Erwin "Whistler" Emery and Darrell "Mother" Roskow = "Whister's Mother"

Clue #5 - This movie is not about labor/management disputes, but three of the main cast members appeared in another movie about the famous West Virginia coal mining wars.
    David Strathairn, James Earl Jones and Mary McDonnell were all in the movie Matewan

Clue #6 - This movie is not a space thriller, but the word astronomy features prominently in its plot line.
    "Setec Astronomy" is an anagram for "Too Many Secrets"

Redford uses Scrabble pieces to figure out the anagram

Ben Kingsley is the villain and James Earl Jones is an NSA agent

• Options
    Puff_Dougie:
    For those who were keeping score at home...

That one was for Eulogy

Mary McDonnell, Dances With Wolves - James Earl Jones and Timothy Busfield, Field of Dreams

Robert Redford, The Natural - James Earl Jones and Timothy Busfield, Field of Dreams - David Strathairn, Eight Men Out

Erwin "Whistler" Emery and Darrell "Mother" Roskow = "Whister's Mother"

David Strathairn, James Earl Jones and Mary McDonnell were all in the movie Matewan

"Setec Astronomy" is an anagram for "Too Many Secrets"

Redford uses Scrabble pieces to figure out the anagram

Ben Kingsley is the villain and James Earl Jones is an NSA agent

Didn't keep me from guessing it.
  • Options
    Here ya go, Smok3y!