Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Impact.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No winner yet...

Clue #1 - This movie is based on a famous poem.
    Clue #2 - The movie is set in the late 1800's.
    Clue #3 - Some might call this a mob movie.
    Clue #4 - One of the actors in this movie will be 100 years old in a year and a half.
    Clue #5 - The last words spoken in this movie are it's title.

Clue #6 - This movie is referenced in the post-credit scene of Napoleon Dynamite.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Napoleon Dynamite 2: Pedro's Revenge
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ExpendableYouth:
    To quote another movie, "you're killing me, smalls!"
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    ExpendableYouth:
    To quote another movie, "you're killing me, smalls!"
    Well that ones easy, Attack of the 50 Foot Woman.
  • Options
    double post.
  • Options
    SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    I've seen napoleon like 100 times and I got no clue...cue the dvr!!!
  • Options
    Mr. Twisted, you apologized for getting these to me late...but that was my fault for moving right after winning! No need, bro. I'm seriously blown away by these sticks. I've wanted to try the HC line for a while; and I haven't had the Le Bijou, yet. That San Cristobal is a favorite and I'm out, so that rocked my world. I've liked every Avo I've had, but don't get them that often. I can't tell which is which without looking up the label shades. I've pretty much tried all the major ones, though (classic, XO, Domaine, and I had an 88, but I know that's not this one) and keep telling myself to buy more. And the Park Ave. is the only Gurkha I've not had problems with and is pretty tasty. Thank you, Sir!

webmost photo IMG_20150509_143453583_zpsbaeyfx4n.jpg
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Prize package from Nathan arrived today. Thank you, brotha! I love Kristoff and LFD and the others I haven't tried yet but they look awesome.

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Oh, and...

Clue #7 - This movie was not made in the US. It was the most popular movie it it's home country until 1986, when it was bumped by Mick, Donk, Neville and friends.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played this game in a while... The Man from Snowy River
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    SleevePlz:
    I haven't played this game in a while... The Man from Snowy River
    You got it, Tony! PM your addy, please. I'll get something out to you on Monday or Tuesday.

• Options
    Congrats Tony. Doug is just to good for me, I really thought it was Napoleon Dynamite 2.
  • Options
    Awesome! PM sent. So let's get the ball rolling on the next film. Clue #1: This movie stars an actor with many Academy Award nominations, but no wins.
  • Options
    The Fly
  • Options
    On its way, Teach!

• Options
    Clue #1: This movie stars an actor with many Academy Award nominations, but no wins. Clue #2: The movie primarily takes place on an island.
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shutter Island
  • Options
    Canibal Holocaust!!! Finally it's Canibal Holicaust.
  • Options
    SleevePlz said:
    Clue #1: This movie stars an actor with many Academy Award nominations, but no wins.

Clue #2: The movie primarily takes place on an island.

Clue #3: The main character goes temporarily insane at one point in the film.
  • Options
    If this is the film I think it is, it just didn't sit right with me for some reason--probably because I saw potential in it that just kept falling flat.  And I don't like the "leading" lady; he should have stuck with his previous partner from the British Isles or let go of the raft in this film, too.

But again, I can't really throw out a guess because I'm traveling for the next two weeks and then moving into the new place.

• Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    The Beach - Leonardo Dicaprio
  • Options
    Godzilla.
  • Options
    I, Zombie
  • Options
    penn said:
    The Beach - Leonardo Dicaprio
    Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner! Addy up and I'll get a little something out to ya.
  • Options
    Also, received my winnings from Doug. Thanks bro, the selection looks awesome! 

• Options
    pennpenn Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

Thanks SleevePLZ!  PM Sent.  Next movie:  Clue #1 This movie's name comes from the two title characters who are rarely seen in the movie.

• Options
    Red vs Blue
  • Options
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.