Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Film Noir genre..
    Indeed!  New clue tomorrow,.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boogie nights

for @firehouseguy
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead Men Wear Plaid.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's gotta be either Maltese Falcon or Citizen Kane
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, because Eric's going to blow up someone's mailbox, it could be The Postman Always Rings Twice.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Or, because Eric's going to blow up someone's mailbox, it could be The Postman Always Rings Twice.
    You should win for that  :D
    The man with two brains
    Good one, @Yakster .

"To have and have not" cuz I can sure relate  ;)
    Good one, @Yakster .

One wrong answer a day buddy! 
    Echambers said:
    Good one, @Yakster .

One wrong answer a day buddy! 
    DOH!  :#
    edited January 2018

Clue Two

Re: our hard travelin’ protagonist:

Once a corporal, five times a “sarge.”

Twice a lieutenant, four times two bars.

A major, a colonel, a senator too.

Fog. Socks. Kermit. Gumshoe.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sesame Street does Casablanca 
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dead Poets Society  ;)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Nope and nope. 
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,828 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirty Harry 
    The Blue Dahlia  ;)
    Blade Runner. 
    edited January 2018
    Clue Three

When I was a kid I had this reoccurring dream about Joan Jett. Nothing sexual (surprisingly) -- we were playing pool at an old pool hall in Winthrop, Washington where we use to camp as kids. The thing that was so remarkable about the dream was that I had it several times. That and the dream always ended as soon as Joan Jett handed me something--a pool stick, jewelry, a drink, anything.. Fast forward a bunch of years later, and I am in the army stationed at Fort Bragg. I see she is playing at this little club in Fayetteville, NC so of course, I have to see her. I get tickets, find someone to take my shift, and head to the club. When get there I notice that the clubs looks very similar to the pool hall in my dream. All night I am absolutely convinced that sometime during the show she is going to hand me something. She doesn’t, and I am devastated.

Fast forward again and I’m back in the Seattle area and score some tickets to see Billy Idol. Great high energy show, lots of underthings being tossed on stage (and being Billy Idol, he sniffs most of them) people getting squished and pissed on and spewed on.  At the end of the show the drummer, Tommy Price, throws out his drumsticks. I catch one and suddenly people are mobbing all over me trying to pull the stick out of my hand. I look up and the biggest guy I’ve ever seen lifts me up, pushes me through the crowd, and helps me towards the exit. He’s security and he’s getting me out of the crowd before I am pummeled to death for the sake of a single stupid drum stick. Safe in my car I look down at the drumstick and see the name "Tommy Price" stamped in silver. Tommy Price. Tommy Price. Where have I heard that name before? Of course, Tommy Price was Joan Jett’s drummer when she toured in Fayetteville..

You know who else played with Joan Jett? Lita Ford  Lita Ford was NOT in this movie.

Echambers said:
    Clue Three

When I was a kid I had this reoccurring dream about Joan Jett. Nothing sexual (surprisingly) -- we were playing pool at an old pool hall in Winthrop, Washington where we use to camp as kids. The thing that was so remarkable about the dream was that I had it several times. That and the dream always ended as soon as Joan Jett handed me something--a pool stick, jewelry, a drink, anything.. Fast forward a bunch of years later, and I am in the army stationed at Fort Bragg. I see she is playing at this little club in Fayetteville, NC so of course, I have to see her. I get tickets, find someone to take my shift, and head to the club. When get there I notice that the clubs looks very similar to the pool hall in my dream. All night I am absolutely convinced that sometime during the show she is going to hand me something. She doesn’t, and I am devastated.

Fast forward again and I’m back in the Seattle area and score some tickets to see Billy Idol. Great high energy show, lots of underthings being tossed on stage (and being Billy Idol, he sniffs most of them) people getting squished and pissed on and spewed on.  At the end of the show the drummer, Tommy Price, throws out his drumsticks. I catch one and suddenly people are mobbing all over me trying to pull the stick out of my hand. I look up and the biggest guy I’ve ever seen lifts me up, pushes me through the crowd, and helps me towards the exit. He’s security and he’s getting me out of the crowd before I am pummeled to death for the sake of a single stupid drum stick. Safe in my car I look down at the drumstick and see the name "Tommy Price" stamped in silver. Tommy Price. Tommy Price. Where have I heard that name before? Of course, Tommy Price was Joan Jett’s drummer when she toured in Fayetteville..

You know who else played with Joan Jett? Lita Ford  Lita Ford was NOT in this movie.

Phuc me....
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chocolat
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Eric, you aren't doing it right.  Google doesn't understand..  :p
    Eric, you aren't doing it right.  Google doesn't understand..  :p
    I said it wasn't going to be easy -- but I'll give you an easy one tomorrow.
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Dayrun, your winnings finally shipped
    Never heard of that movie. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
  • skydiverDskydiverD Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Dayrun, your winnings finally shipped
    Never heard of that movie. 
    How do you like my profile pic Taborski?   @matkn293          
    edited January 2018

Clue Four

Question time with Eric!

In this episode of ‘Question time with Eric” I am going to take questions from you, my faithful readers. We’ll start with one from “Confused in Las Cruces.”

Confused: “Your clues are too hard, or I’m too slow, but either way can you give me a clue that I can just google?

Me: “Oh Confused, perhaps you just don’t know ‘what’ to google. The clues really aren’t that hard. Now, do you have a ‘real’ question in there?”

Confused: “Um…did you just call me stupid? Okay, you want a real question? Tell me when the film was released!”

Me: “Oh that’s easy: Bill Gates.”

Confused: “Really? Enough with the damn games and just tell me when the film came out!

Me: “Fine, Bruce Willis.”

Confused: “WTF?”

Me: Billy Idol.

Echambers said:

Clue Four

Question time with Eric!

In this episode of ‘Question time with Eric” I am going to take questions from you, my faithful readers. We’ll start with one from “Confused in Las Cruces.”

Confused: “Your clues are too hard, or I’m too slow, but either way can you give me a clue that I can just google?

Me: “Oh Confused, perhaps you just don’t know ‘what’ to google. The clues really aren’t that hard. Now, do you have a ‘real’ question in there?”

Confused: “Um…did you just call me stupid? Okay, you want a real question? Tell me when the film was released!”

Me: “Oh that’s easy: Bill Gates.”

Confused: “Really? Enough with the damn games and just tell me when the film came out!

Me: “Fine, Bruce Willis.”

Confused: “WTF?”

Me: Billy Idol.

This motherf*****... Choking and spitting my coffee everywhere laughing so hard!!  :D
    GOOGLE! Sic 'em!  Give me a minute to search for a worthy response. Hold your breath,  it's coming....
    Kiss me Deadly  :*

About damn time.
    Congrats, Gary
    Echambers said:

About damn time.
    THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!?  :)