Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lost my dad

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
As a lot of you know , my dad has battled a lot of medical problems the last couple of years . From being run over by his own truck to cancer to various other med problems .

At 5 :40 am this morning my dad shed this earthly shell of a body and life and went to be with the lord. He had a terrible nite as I spent the last 24 hours of his life holding his hand. He was at peace with some other things going on in his life and that was a comfort .

No more pain and suffering . No more cancer . He can root for the Orioles from up above ( lord knows they need it ! ). Dad , I miss you so much already and you havn't been gone a day yet !

Requesting as many prayers as my brothers and sisters can give me and my family !!!

Gene

Comments

• Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I'm so sorry to hear this brother! It's always a comfort knowing that who you love is no longer in pain but still it hurts. I'm sending prayers for him, you and all the family and friends impacted by his passing! Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. From someone to talk to to needing something just let me know
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    My Sympathies, I hope this poem in someway helps ease the pain. Take Care

I give you this one thought to keep -
    I am with you still - I do not sleep.
    I am a thousand winds that blow,
    I am the diamond glints on snow,
    I am sunlight on ripened grain,
    I am the gentle autumn rain.
    When you awake in the morning's hush
    I am the swift, uplifting rush
    Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night.
    Do not think of me as gone -
    I am with you still - in each new dawn.
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Deepest condolences, friend. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That is truely sad news Gene.. My prayers are with you and your family
  • Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    I'm so sorry for your loss and your request is being honored. Many many prayers are on the way. Go Orioles...
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Brother, sorry for your loss. Prayers and thoughts going out to you and your love ones.
  • Options
    i dont know you but sorry for your lost you and yours will be in my prayers
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Sorry for your loss, deepest sympathies.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, Gene. Prayers are with you.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry about your loss, my friend. Please know that he's in a better place and in no pain. My prayers and condolences go out to you and yours.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Im sorry for your loss =(. My prayers are with you and your family.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, God Bless you and your family.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Gene, I'm sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Take care my friend.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that about your father. You and your family are in my prayers.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Prayers for you and yours Gene.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Gene, I don't know what to say brother. I am so sorry for your loss. I know your dad meant so much to you. I am sure the comforts you and your family provided for him this last while helped ease his passing.
    Our thoughts are certainly with your family Gene.
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family.
  • Options
    grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I will think of and pray for you and your family at this difficult time.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    My condolences and prayers for your family.

• Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Gene my family's thoughts and prayers are with yours. We are sending our deepest condolences.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly sorry to hear about your dad brother. Lost my dad a little over a year ago and I miss him everyday. My prayers are with you and your family. May he rest in peace now that his pain is over and he's gone on to be with the Lord.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this news bro. My prayers and with you and your family at this time.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    my heart goes out to you brother.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss gene. I know it's hard but try to take heart that he is no longer suffering And to pass while your family is next to you, if giving a choice , I'm sure is the way most people would like to go. Prayers coming your way buddy.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Worst way to die is alone, IMO - your dad went out surrounded by his loved ones, knowing they cared for him. I'm sorry for your loss, but know that he went out knowing you loved him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Sorry for your loss bro. Prayers headed your way.
  • Options
    t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Very sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    So sorry to hear about your loss, brother.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks so much guys . Tommorow is the receiving and funeral and will be a tough tough day . Thanks so much to everyone responding , you guys are the best . Thats why although I havn't been on here much because of dads situation the last 6 months or so I'm really proud to be a member of this great and caring forum for the past almost 3 years . Thanks a ton it means so much to our family .

Gene
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    My deepest condolences and sympathies Gene. I will be praying for you and your family in this time of grief. No son is ever truly prepared to lose his father my friend, and I wish there was more I could do to ease your pain.