D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    The Kid:
    i have a question for those more knowledgeable with weller and buffalo trace. I have two bottles of the weller reserve, one says distilled by bt, the other says distilled by sw, this may sound like a stupid question, but is there a noticeable difference between the two, or are the contents equal
    Yes there will be a noticeable difference. The stitzel-Weller one should be a little smoother with less bite and richer. Do you have pictures of each? Also curious what year is on the SW?
    If you could only find those anymore :(
    No Kidding!!!
    You've got to join the Liquid Pass when we do Round 2, you and I get along far too well lol.
    Yeah I didn't see it until it was full. Definitely would get in it next time.
    If you want I will happily send you a few samples of anything that caught your eye in my stuff.
    Shoot me a PM. For some reason your profile must be top secret. if I click on your name I get "the system cannot find the file specified."
    I'm also a pretty big deal in Romania.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM to you D.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    D Fresh:
    The Kid:
    i have a question for those more knowledgeable with weller and buffalo trace. I have two bottles of the weller reserve, one says distilled by bt, the other says distilled by sw, this may sound like a stupid question, but is there a noticeable difference between the two, or are the contents equal
    Yes there will be a noticeable difference. The stitzel-Weller one should be a little smoother with less bite and richer. Do you have pictures of each? Also curious what year is on the SW?
    k, thanks!! I knew that weller production had moved over to BT, and even the PVW is BT or a blend of distilleries like I think the 2014 release of the 20 and 23 are the only ones that have weller juice. But I didn't really know for sure bout the stuff with the weller name. I kinda figured as much. Thanks , the one distilled at bt I bought from bevmo and the one from weller from a ma and pop. The ma and pop has bout 6 bottles left of the weller distilled weller reserve. Another interesting find at the M&P was two "1 liter" bottles of antique 107. I snatched those up!!! Heres the photos of the reserve
    photo 20150108_144550.jpg
    photo 20150108_144557.jpg
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Any of you guys ever done the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I have the big 40 birthday coming up and the wife and I are thinking about going. Ok, mainly just me but, she said she'll go. Trying to do some research on the must sees, restaurants, bars, distilleries, etc...
    amz1301:
    Any of you guys ever done the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. I have the big 40 birthday coming up and the wife and I are thinking about going. Ok, mainly just me but, she said she'll go. Trying to do some research on the must sees, restaurants, bars, distilleries, etc...
    Congrats and enjoy Andy that sounds like such an amazing time :)
    The Kid:
    D Fresh:
    The Kid:
    k, thanks!! I knew that weller production had moved over to BT, and even the PVW is BT or a blend of distilleries like I think the 2014 release of the 20 and 23 are the only ones that have weller juice. But I didn't really know for sure bout the stuff with the weller name. I kinda figured as much. Thanks , the one distilled at bt I bought from bevmo and the one from weller from a ma and pop. The ma and pop has bout 6 bottles left of the weller distilled weller reserve. Another interesting find at the M&P was two "1 liter" bottles of antique 107. I snatched those up!!! Heres the photos of the reserve
    Thanks for sharing and showing, have you by chance tried a dram of them side by side to see if you can notice any differences? And how much are those bottles from the old Stitzel distillery at the mom and pop shop?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    YW, not gonna be able to do that, though I did consider it and I'd absolutely love to. However when i made the ma and pop purchases I promised myself that i would return the other weller reserve to bevmo. The bevmo bt weller was 5 bucks more, the m&p weller was 19.95 & the m&p 1liter 107 was 29.
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Mom and pop Weller intrigues me.. alot..
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    Mom and pop Weller intrigues me.. alot..