Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:
    Illusione Epernay...For being kinda fresh, it sure is tasty...

Locked and loaded for next weekend....

Did you do all the fab work yourself?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@N0tRichard Which City/part of Texas do you live?

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    Just finished this 5 year aged Palmas up on a sweaty 3.5 mile walk, massive load of dried fruit, excellent.

Glad to see yours had flavor. I had one closing in on over 10 years and it tasted like smoke and lost dreams

• Options
    N0tRichardN0tRichard Posts: 103 ✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

I currently live in south east Texas, but I'm about to move to south central. What about you?

• Options

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:
    Just finished this 5 year aged Palmas up on a sweaty 3.5 mile walk, massive load of dried fruit, excellent.

Glad to see yours had flavor. I had one closing in on over 10 years and it tasted like smoke and lost dreams

Thats probably not uncommon, mine was lacking the complexity like I remember. It was lacking nicotine too but that was to be expected for the age on it. The classic Padron spiciness was there through the first inch, mellowed some then came alive with loads of dried fruit half way in.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

Thats probably not uncommon, mine was lacking the complexity like I remember. It was lacking nicotine too but that was to be expected for the age on it. The classic Padron spiciness was there through the first inch, mellowed some then came alive with loads of dried fruit half way in.

I nub’d it till Frank approved and still no flavor.

• Options

@N0tRichard said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I currently live in south east Texas, but I'm about to move to south central. What about you?

I'm just North of Cypress Texas. Would prefer to live somewhere near Brenham or outside of Austin in the country but that area is expensive as hell, taxes are absurd around their but way less humid.

Houston keeps expanding out, 15 years ago traffic was light with stop signs and the speed limit was 70. Now the stop signs are gone replaced with traffic lights, speed limit 55, traffic is insane takes twice as long to get into town than it did 15 years ago.

• Options

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

@Vision said:

@TX98Z28 said:

I nub’d it till Frank approved and still no flavor.

It happens unfortunately, and with Padron particularly this specific vitola the natural age's longer than the maduro's. I have some maduro's I purchased at the same time and they are way more diminished flavor wise than the naturals. I've questioned "is this even the same cigar" with the maduro's compared to the naturals with the Palmas vitola's.

• Options
    cigarexplorercigarexplorer Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Usaf06 said:

@genareddog said:
    Cheers all. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

You out of good cigars to smoke? I'll help you out

Nick, send me nachos I’m willing to help as well.

• Options
    DerekDerek Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Significant3 said:

Sitting in my pool trying to enjoy a cigar outside when it’s 110. But finding not much relief when the pool temp is 90.

First world problems.

My pool fell victim to a flash flood on memorial day weekend. It will be a swamp for another couple of weeks until drained and the vinyl liner in replaced.

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    You guys out in Cali and AZ just need to start smoking indoors. Problem solved.

One problem solved, more problems arise.

• Options
    Significant3Significant3 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

My pool fell victim to a flash flood on memorial day weekend. It will be a swamp for another couple of weeks until drained and the vinyl liner in replaced.

Ahh man, that’s a bummer!

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

@N0tRichard said:

@TX98Z28 said:

San Antonio?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Ol' Nick @deadman is good at planting things including ideas:

😂 You know those are good.