Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Welcome @logan_042! why don't you hop over and introduce yourself on the Newbie thread. This is a great group to learn from as I've been doing. A piece of advice, if you plan on sticking around go ahead and buy a cooler because your cigar collection will grow!

You'll find alot of AJ fans here so the MOW plays well. Love the Serie V Melanio and the Melanio maduro myself. Check out this list

https://forum.cigar.com/discussion/900625/2019-ccom-forums-cigar-of-the-year-results

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:
    First Reggae, tastes great but burn issues the whole way. Pretty sure it's just a one off but disappointing because it was delicious!

I haven't notice any bad burn problems with the ones I've smoked, I like them too.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Espinosa Reggae are a favorite of mine.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    logan_042logan_042 Posts: 88 ✭✭✭✭

TheKraken, thanks for the suggestions!

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    The band tells me it is a Hemingway but I don't think they ever made a robusto. Any ideas?

Don Carlos? I don't know Fuente bands that well

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don Carlos has black in the center of the band and reads Reserva Don Carlos. I know because that's what I'm smoking after supper.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:

Bro were you power smoking that thing? It looks like a number two pencil! Slow down brother, And your burn issues will resolve themselves.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@TheKraken said:

Bro were you power smoking that thing? It looks like a number two pencil! Slow down brother, And your burn issues will resolve themselves.

I do smoke fairly fast but didn't think I was burning it down. Good advice though

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

That point is very big and sharp. I smoke fast too, and when I do, I blow through it a little to counteract it

Don't look ↑
  • Options

A Cubiche “Wannabe Cuban” Churchill. I picked up a big pack of these and they’ve honestly been a big let down. Lots of burn issues and I had no problem with the Oliva singles I’ve picked up from that B&M’s humidor. Could be partly my storage of them. My humidor’s hygrometer has been all over the place and I’ve salt tested it three times with wildly different results. May be a warranty issue it’s a Hygroset II round hygrometer. I have some Boveda 65%s on the way that will hopefully sort out the humidity and give me a known value to calibrate against.

• Options

@logan_042 said:
    A Cubiche “Wannabe Cuban” Churchill. I picked up a big pack of these and they’ve honestly been a big let down. Lots of burn issues and I had no problem with the Oliva singles I’ve picked up from that B&M’s humidor. Could be partly my storage of them. My humidor’s hygrometer has been all over the place and I’ve salt tested it three times with wildly different results. May be a warranty issue it’s a Hygroset II round hygrometer. I have some Boveda 65%s on the way that will hopefully sort out the humidity and give me a known value to calibrate against.

I'd suggest buying a digital, those analog will be wrong in two weeks even if you calibrate them correctly.

• Options

@TheKraken it is a digital hygrometer unfortunately and my analog has been giving me issues but it’s the one that came with the humidor when I bought it over ten years ago when I first discovered cigars. I’ve been using two Drymistat tubes but have some Boveda 65%s on the way. The humidity down here has been crazy. Ambient humidity from 80-90 down to 37 in a week according to the news.

• Options

@d_blades I’ve got a box of those on the way. Really looking forward to their arrival tomorrow.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logan_042 said:
    @TheKraken it is a digital hygrometer unfortunately and my analog has been giving me issues but it’s the one that came with the humidor when I bought it over ten years ago when I first discovered cigars. I’ve been using two Drymistat tubes but have some Boveda 65%s on the way. The humidity down here has been crazy. Ambient humidity from 80-90 down to 37 in a week according to the news.

Can't go wrong with a Zederkoff hygrometer.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both the Maduro and the Cameroon are solid smokes.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.