Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭✭✭

RP Vintage 1990

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:
    Last one of these delightful mystery cigars.

Those are now called mow Legend.

Wrapper isn't the same. There are three shades of this blend and also at least two shades of the legend with the Robustos matching up (but no longer for sale). This particular blend/wrapper are fantastic but it seems like the whole line ended up a confusing mess.

• VisionVision Posts: 7,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@CAcigarguy007 said:

LEGEND

Man O’ War Legend (formerly Man O’ War Immortal), is in fact, legendary. With his latest release to the Man O’ War line, AJ Fernandez, blender of countless palate melting cigars, delivers another medium-bodied pleasure. Man O' War, known for their full strength, full flavored blends that boast bold, yet balanced profiles, Legend strays from the stereotype with a slightly relaxed strength. But don’t be fooled by the minor tranquility, because this is one cigar that still contains a multitude of flavors.

Originating from the ultra-fertile soils of Esteli, Legend greets you in a Nicaraguan-grown Habano wrapper. Each cigar arrives with a Cuban-style, pigtail cap. Alternating and hearty notes of cedar, earth, and spice intensify with a delivery of a Cuban-esque uprising of unforgettable taste. Adding to this complex premium is a hybrid leaf grown exclusively for this release, with well-aged,Nicaraguan long-leaves stuffing Legend’s core. Get yours today and join the Legend.

IMMORTAL

This medium-bodied warrior is dressed in a Nicaraguan grown Habano suit of armor, hailing from the ultra-fertile soils of Esteli. Well-aged Nicaraguan long-leaves plump up Immortals core with a brand new hybrid leaf grown specifically for this release adding to its complexity. Each vitola comes topped off with a Cuban-style, pigtail cap. Hearty doses of cedar, spice, and earth alternate in intensity and deliver a Cuba-esque melee of flavor not to be missed.

Can you link to other info. I would honestly love to read up on this subject

@Vision said:

@CAcigarguy007 said:

LEGEND

Man O’ War Legend (formerly Man O’ War Immortal), is in fact, legendary. With his latest release to the Man O’ War line, AJ Fernandez, blender of countless palate melting cigars, delivers another medium-bodied pleasure. Man O' War, known for their full strength, full flavored blends that boast bold, yet balanced profiles, Legend strays from the stereotype with a slightly relaxed strength. But don’t be fooled by the minor tranquility, because this is one cigar that still contains a multitude of flavors.

Originating from the ultra-fertile soils of Esteli, Legend greets you in a Nicaraguan-grown Habano wrapper. Each cigar arrives with a Cuban-style, pigtail cap. Alternating and hearty notes of cedar, earth, and spice intensify with a delivery of a Cuban-esque uprising of unforgettable taste. Adding to this complex premium is a hybrid leaf grown exclusively for this release, with well-aged,Nicaraguan long-leaves stuffing Legend’s core. Get yours today and join the Legend.

IMMORTAL

This medium-bodied warrior is dressed in a Nicaraguan grown Habano suit of armor, hailing from the ultra-fertile soils of Esteli. Well-aged Nicaraguan long-leaves plump up Immortals core with a brand new hybrid leaf grown specifically for this release adding to its complexity. Each vitola comes topped off with a Cuban-style, pigtail cap. Hearty doses of cedar, spice, and earth alternate in intensity and deliver a Cuba-esque melee of flavor not to be missed.

Can you link to other info. I would honestly love to read up on this subject

I don't have specific links but I ended up with a fiver of these somehow and put off smoking them thinking they were a mild morning blend. Eventually I smoked one in the morning and it was far from a morning cigar. It was excellent, my favorite MOW cigar.

I went to look for more and found several different shades of wrapper in reviews and on web sites. Even some of the reviews were completely different. Then I read about the name change and looked again. You can clearly see two different wrappers on the CI website, with the darker ones that are no longer for sale being the most similar. The wrappers are beautiful on the ones I had and the blend full flavored and sneakily full bodied.

Not really sure what happened but it seems as if there were multiple wrappers and perhaps, multiple blends under the same label at different times. Maybe they ran out of wrapper? Who knows? I just found the whole thing very strange. Someone on another forum noticed the same situation and opined that maybe some were mislabeled possibly because they found the same situation I did. The whole thing is just very strange.

What I can say for sure is that the ones I had were top notch and devine. I'd like to get more but I'm not even sure that is possible with all the confusion and whatnot.

These are what mine looked like:
    https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/p/man-o-war-legend-robusto-cigars/1503077/

If you do a Google search for Man O War Immortal you'll see what I'm talking about. Different shades, different strengths. Legend is similar. Super odd.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, Frank. Glad you're feeling at least well enough to smoke a cigar.
    That might be a pretty low bar for you, eh?

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cam_91 said:
    It’s a beautiful day out here in Cali fellas

@GaryThompson

Is that Los Lagos?

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@GaryThompson

Is that Los Lagos?

>
    @NorCalR1 You are good my friend! 👏🏽

@Cam_91 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@GaryThompson

Is that Los Lagos?

>

May have spent a few afternoons on that course in my life

• GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@GaryThompson

Is that Los Lagos?

>

For the life of me, I can’t remember that course....

@GaryThompson said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@NorCalR1 said:

@Cam_91 said:

@GaryThompson

Is that Los Lagos?

>

For the life of me, I can’t remember that course....

Sounds like you need to come back and play it sometime

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've driven by it many times, but hard to see the course for the trees.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Cam_91Cam_91 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    I've driven by it many times, but hard to see the course for the trees.

It’s pretty solid for being a 68. My “default course” in SJ. The course is a lot better than it looks from the outside, and from the road it don’t look good lol