Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• VisionVision Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    La Palina Black Label petite lancero, about to see what 5-6 years has done to it.

Inquiring minds want to know.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

At it's prime, spicy and sweet, big improvement and the right vitola for me.

• hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

But it exploded upon light up like a trick cigar?? Stored in a tupperdor with a 62 Rh Boveda pack at 72 degrees- which creates a steady 67 Rh environment for me in all my tupperdors. What am I doing wrong?

@hoghunter said:

But it exploded upon light up like a trick cigar?? Stored in a tupperdor with a 62 Rh Boveda pack at 72 degrees- which creates a steady 67 Rh environment for me in all my tupperdors. What am I doing wrong?

With a stick that large, let it acclimate. Was it humid out?

• hoghunterhoghunter Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

@Vision said:

@hoghunter said:

@Vision not too bad here in NC. I chose it because it had a crack developing while it rested in the tupperdor. I don’t know if it got bounced around during my move or what- but there was a crack about an inch up from the foot. It’s unsmokable now. Plus the core of the cigar is solid like a rock as the wrapper and binder burns around it??? I tried- it’s too far gone. Flavor is dead. Ughh

@hoghunter said:

@Vision said:

@hoghunter said:

@Vision not too bad here in NC. I chose it because it had a crack developing while it rested in the tupperdor. I don’t know if it got bounced around during my move or what- but there was a crack about an inch up from the foot. It’s unsmokable now. Plus the core of the cigar is solid like a rock as the wrapper and binder burns around it???

Possibly the bunching process was a little too tight on the filler. I don’t smoke much over 50-52b ring anymore and a lot of it had to do with that exactly.

@hoghunter said:
    Hopefully this one will treat me right…

Nope. Send ‘em here. I’ll take care of those for you….. I promise. That might be my night cap as those are really good cigars.