Home Ratings & Reviews

MOW Puro Authentico

Comments

• Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I need to double check but most often it is the packing date as the last supervisor will stick it on there. If it is the packing date, figure they were rolled about 90 days prior.
    Maybe a sick price on a box of 10 of these should be my 1000th post deal. Everyone seems to really like them and buy them regularly.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Alex Svenson:
    Maybe a sick price on a box of 10 of these should be my 1000th post deal. Everyone seems to really like them and buy them regularly.
    YES!!!! That, please!!!

• BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Alex Svenson:
    That would be awesome, but I think the deal the Beard made on these... well, it would be HARD to beat that!

Maybe you could spice it up by adding a few of the MOW Armada coronas I've been desperately searching for... that would make me happy in my soul!! lol
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:
    That would be awesome, but I think the deal the Beard made on these... well, it would be HARD to beat that!

Maybe you could spice it up by adding a few of the MOW Armada coronas I've been desperately searching for... that would make me happy in my soul!! lol
    5er of Armada coronas and a box of Puros? Mmmm... My taste buds are dancing just thinking about it.
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

5er of Armada coronas and a box of Puros? Mmmm... My taste buds are dancing just thinking about it.
    Ahhh if I only had armada coronas in stock. Kind of an oxymoron because if I did they would be in my home humidor lol. I requested more from the factory so now I am just waiting.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

Ahhh if I only had armada coronas in stock. Kind of an oxymoron because if I did they would be in my home humidor lol. I requested more from the factory so now I am just waiting.
    How are you sitting on the Macanudo Vintage Maduro 97? Your humi excluded...lol
    The Kid:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

Not so well. General Cigar Company announced that that will be sold out by Christmas and it will be gone for good. I have a huge order coming but I have to make it last. Also, they don't allow discounts below 10% unfortunately.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Alex Svenson:
    The Kid:
    Not so well. General Cigar Company announced that that will be sold out by Christmas and it will be gone for good. I have a huge order coming but I have to make it last. Also, they don't allow discounts below 10% unfortunately.
    A Macanudo 1997 deal would be great but I know what Alex is saying. You cannot run a deal on them by pricing regulations and discounting this cigar in massive quantities is going to kill a margin that he is guaranteed to make at full retail. That said, if you hide about 10 in my next order and don't tell anyone, I won't either...
    Marker:
    Alex Svenson:
    The Kid:
    A Macanudo 1997 deal would be great but I know what Alex is saying. You cannot run a deal on them by pricing regulations and discounting this cigar in massive quantities is going to kill a margin that he is guaranteed to make at full retail. That said, if you hide about 10 in my next order and don't tell anyone, I won't either...
    LOL.. Thanks for responding Alex, Yea I was thinking along those lines but thought I would throw it out there. Its cool that you and AJ have such a great relationship, where you can bring us these fantastic deals..Cigar.com ran a special on DPG smokes (CGPS119) any chance where that may return, if not in this event, maybe another? Thank You, regardless of whatever cigar you put up, we appreciate it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

I didn't even know there was Armada coronas. After trying the puro, I am a HUGE fan of this vitola.

"Long ashes my friends."

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

I didn't even know there was Armada coronas. After trying the puro, I am not a huge fan of this vitola.
    Really? What didn't you like about it Chris?I am normally a toro guy, but I kind of liked this vitola. Be interested in it in an Armada to try.
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    The Armada corona would be an interesting deal. I might hop on that one. I am stocked up on PA's so unless it was a crazy deal I might have to pass.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    The Sniper:
    Alex Svenson:
    YES!!!! That, please!!!

Seriously I'd be all over this one. I've been meaning to try these and a price like that would be exactly the excuse I need.
    laker1963:
    Krieg:
    Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

I didn't even know there was Armada coronas. After trying the puro, I am not a huge fan of this vitola.
    Really? What didn't you like about it Chris?I am normally a toro guy, but I kind of liked this vitola. Be interested in it in an Armada to try.
    what I meant to say was that I AM a fan of this vitola...what happens when I'm typing in IMs and on forums at the sametime...I'll edit my original post.

"Long ashes my friends."

Alex Svenson:
    I would love to try an armada corona. Another +1 for this idea alex!

"Long ashes my friends."

Alex Svenson:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    Alex Svenson:

That sucks about the Armadas... I was really hoping that would catch on. lol

I don't think I could bite on the PAs, simply cause I've already bitten it so many times already... I have over 20 of em as we speak...

but on that same note... you know what everybody else seems to like too...? San Lotano! Not sure how flexible the price on those would be, but I've been dying for a reason to purchase more!
  • napalmnapalm Posts: 50
    Awesome review docbp87, spot on. I absolutely loved this thing and did not want it to end. Be careful not to stand up too quick after this one or you'll be hovering in a mortal kombat FINISH HIM stance..

As soon as that bonus check comes in I'm pulling the trigger on a box of these, perhaps two.

I went for the full pull on this spicy hot masterpiece.
    napalm:
    Awesome review docbp87, spot on. I absolutely loved this thing and did not want it to end. Be careful not to stand up too quick after this one or you'll be hovering in a mortal kombat FINISH HIM stance..

As soon as that bonus check comes in I'm pulling the trigger on a box of these, perhaps two.

I went for the full pull on this spicy hot masterpiece.
    WOW! Your thumbs are braver than mine. LOL

I truly love these cigars, but at that point, I just light another one :)
  • grannejagranneja Posts: 382
    Looks like my PAs at the end of the night!
    napalm:
    Be careful not to stand up too quick after this one or you'll be hovering in a mortal kombat FINISH HIM stance..
    I am absolutely using this line in my customer testimonials for this cigar. Im still rolling on the floor. This really does kind of capture the imagery of what you feel like smoking this thing too fast and standing up quickly.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Alex Svenson:
    napalm:
    Be careful not to stand up too quick after this one or you'll be hovering in a mortal kombat FINISH HIM stance..
    I am absolutely using this line in my customer testimonials for this cigar. Im still rolling on the floor. This really does kind of capture the imagery of what you feel like smoking this thing too fast and standing up quickly.
    Be sure to give us a visual image of what this looks like in your next video review. Don't use the stand in guy that you force to do the stunts for you, like putting the lit end of a cigar in his mouth.
    Marker:
    Alex Svenson:
    napalm:
    Be sure to give us a visual image of what this looks like in your next video review. Don't use the stand in guy that you force to do the stunts for you, like putting the lit end of a cigar in his mouth.
    I absolutely love the stand in, Actually I think Alex should incorporate more stand in's. Its obvious that he just has too much going on...lol.. He could cycle them in monthly, It could even be a contest, "Win A Spot As Alex's Stand In For A Month" Sure there would be some occupational hazards but I'm good with that. I know its a tall order and we'd have some big shoes to fill, however I'm sure we're all up for the challenge!!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    The Kid:
    Marker:
    Alex Svenson:
    napalm:
    I absolutely love the stand in, Actually I think Alex should incorporate more stand in's. Its obvious that he just has too much going on...lol.. He could cycle them in monthly, It could even be a contest, "Win A Spot As Alex's Stand In For A Month" Sure there would be some occupational hazards but I'm good with that. I know its a tall order and we'd have some big shoes to fill, however I'm sure we're all up for the challenge!!
    Agreed, it could be our 15 seconds of fame!
  • So I have nearly went through a box of these and I got to say, not a big fan. Don't think $50 for 10 is a good price. Love the size though.
    rossdavey2:
    So I have nearly went through a box of these and I got to say, not a big fan. Don't think $50 for 10 is a good price. Love the size though.
    surprised to hear that. Everybody has their own tastes, though.

have you tried the Armada in that size? I'm just into the final third of one right now, and WHOA! Blows the toro away!
    Just grabbed a box of these off the sprintsale. This will be my fourth box and I LOVE these things. I do agree that the price point is a little high on them, but the sprintsale takes care of that too, so with one box resting in the humi and another on the way I can see grabbing one or two more at the sprintsale to make sure I have some of these on hand for a couple of years at least.
  • BigT06:
    rossdavey2:
    So I have nearly went through a box of these and I got to say, not a big fan. Don't think $50 for 10 is a good price. Love the size though.
    surprised to hear that. Everybody has their own tastes, though.

have you tried the Armada in that size? I'm just into the final third of one right now, and WHOA! Blows the toro away!
    No I could afford them at the time. Then when I did have some cash I spent it on the box of D7s.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been absolutely drooling waiting to try one of the MOW sticks, just haven't had the paycheck or opportunity to jump on one since I've sunk my teeth into a split of the Fresh-Rolled with Doug, and committed to two cigar events in the next week lol. When I do get a chance, is there one that really represents the MOW better than all the others?? Curious which I should light up first... --Jarman
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    90+ Irishman:
    Been absolutely drooling waiting to try one of the MOW sticks, just haven't had the paycheck or opportunity to jump on one since I've sunk my teeth into a split of the Fresh-Rolled with Doug, and committed to two cigar events in the next week lol. When I do get a chance, is there one that really represents the MOW better than all the others?? Curious which I should light up first... --Jarman
    If you prefer a medium body stick, then go with the Virtue. The original MOW line changes quite a bit depending on the vitola you choose, so you would have to try all of them to find your favorite.
    After that the Ruination, Puro Authentico and Armada. There are also a Saloman, and several special releases of these sticks including a Maduro which can only be had by buying the chest I believe.
    Brett I can do the Puro Authentico and a Ruination. I may have some MOW in there somewhere. I'll dig and see. I'll throw them into that package coming your way.