Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Don't do it, Just saying!

Comments

• Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    And I Tuuuuuurrrrn to you , with ooooooooopen arrrrrrrms..........What are you lookin for a free shining of your ball bag? There are guys you said yourself your doing trades with right now----and considering youve been here for 2 minutes that seems like open arms. Go to Fuente's or some of these other sites and see how people get treated----you can be on those f*ckers for a year and they pretentious pr!cks still think they are intrinsically better than you. This is as open as it gets. Not everyone may say hello, f*ck I dont because I cant keep up with all the new people and am too busy anyway-----that doesnt mean I blackball anyone or treat them any more poorly than I treat guys like XMacro around here;). We have had a little issue of late however with cockb@gs who start drama -----and that $hit however makes you wish you could strap someone to a chair and hit them with f*cking hammers or that their mother's health care plan included abortions. If that is unfriendly, I dont see it-----if its not kissing the new guys a$$....Im not much of a kisser, just ask my wife.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Vulchor:
    And I Tuuuuuurrrrn to you , with ooooooooopen arrrrrrrms..........What are you lookin for a free shining of your ball bag? There are guys you said yourself your doing trades with right now----and considering youve been here for 2 minutes that seems like open arms. Go to Fuente's or some of these other sites and see how people get treated----you can be on those f*ckers for a year and they pretentious pr!cks still think they are intrinsically better than you. This is as open as it gets. Not everyone may say hello, f*ck I dont because I cant keep up with all the new people and am too busy anyway-----that doesnt mean I blackball anyone or treat them any more poorly than I treat guys like XMacro around here;). We have had a little issue of late however with cockb@gs who start drama -----and that $hit however makes you wish you could strap someone to a chair and hit them with f*cking hammers or that their mother's health care plan included abortions. If that is unfriendly, I dont see it-----if its not kissing the new guys a$$....Im not much of a kisser, just ask my wife.
    I understand. I came to this banter incorrectly. I wasn't familiar with this format and didn't know if it was appropriate to start a new thread for a particular member...which I now know is common practice. I just kind of jumped in head first without looking at it for a few weeks and hit my head on the bottom.
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    I know I personally welcomed you and helped you out with your thread saying how we normally do them. Others did the same in the PIF thread. It's kinda hard to welcome someone when they didn't even start a thread to introduce themselves. I fail to see how any of us did anything wrong. I'm not losing sleep over it but when someone says things about people you care about and you don't agree then I'm sure you'd want to get your side out as well
    You did help me get started and I am very gracious to you for taking the time to help and get me acclimated for this forum format. I'm sorry if I hurt any of your feelings with the comments I said. But I am moving on and not going to dwell on it. I just shipped out all of my trades and I hope my actions speak louder than my words have.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Couldn't find any of the post by cg87 but found some tool named lsufan whining and ranting....Some people don't like being told they need to ship first or build a little rep first before they can get in on games and consider that unwelcoming....whatever, obviousy not in tune with the cigar community....here's the rant by lsufan:

lsufan Report abuse
    Joined on 11-06-2009
    Zachary Louisiana
    Posts 3,980

Reply Quote
    CigarGuy87: gmrfish: CigarGuy87: gmrfish: smokngolfer:CG since you post on the sister can you tell me what the cigar with the 13 on the band is ?//////// I don't post over there anymore....after I called out a vicious attack on someone to say just settle down everyone jumped me. Don't go back now.==>It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be.//////// yup, I said I didn't care for a particular cigar on a daily deal and it was way overpriced than normal and I was called out a "hater". Then, everytime I posted after that they would just post "hater" and not even acknowledge me. Fukc them I say and their silly MoW ranger badges with honors and ****!==>I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?==>Nevermind, I found it...wow those guys are losers! haha ////-looks like most of us feel the same way about forum next door, a bunch of kiss a$$ guys for the most part, the month they sent that Cusano crap out everyone was giving praises like they had just received 5 Opus X's and had a bunch of great sticks to try. I can only imagine what they are saying today about Friday's deals still up and still sold out, I'm sure it's along the lines of genius marketing strategy.

• Options
    Diamondog:
    Couldn't find any of the post by cg87 but found some tool named lsufan whining and ranting....Some people don't like being told they need to ship first or build a little rep first before they can get in on games and consider that unwelcoming....whatever, obviousy not in tune with the cigar community....here's the rant by lsufan:

lsufan Report abuse
    Joined on 11-06-2009
    Zachary Louisiana
    Posts 3,980

Reply Quote
    CigarGuy87: gmrfish: CigarGuy87: gmrfish: smokngolfer:CG since you post on the sister can you tell me what the cigar with the 13 on the band is ?//////// I don't post over there anymore....after I called out a vicious attack on someone to say just settle down everyone jumped me. Don't go back now.==>It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be.//////// yup, I said I didn't care for a particular cigar on a daily deal and it was way overpriced than normal and I was called out a "hater". Then, everytime I posted after that they would just post "hater" and not even acknowledge me. Fukc them I say and their silly MoW ranger badges with honors and ****!==>I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?==>Nevermind, I found it...wow those guys are losers! haha ////-looks like most of us feel the same way about forum next door, a bunch of kiss a$$ guys for the most part, the month they sent that Cusano crap out everyone was giving praises like they had just received 5 Opus X's and had a bunch of great sticks to try. I can only imagine what they are saying today about Friday's deals still up and still sold out, I'm sure it's along the lines of genius marketing strategy.

And as you can clearly see I haven't denied any of the things I have said. The other members were the ones ripping on this forum and the members. It can be confusing to see who said which items as that banter has a difficult format. My quotes were "It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be." and "I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?"
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I never sent anyone a free cigar when I joined and you dont HAVE to be on any list-----but if you wanna play in the games you do.......need I mention that moochin pr!ck from the $hitty cigar reviewer website???? Maybe everyone on the banter is just more friendly and willing to talk than we are.......while I get on there occasionally, it seems all I am guarenteed over there is dried out cigars with no humi-pack and a slightly better price than here (that they will match for me anyway)---and apparently words behind the ol back. I think Ill choose this over the drama & dry sticks.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    I never sent anyone a free cigar when I joined and you dont HAVE to be on any list-----but if you wanna play in the games you do.......need I mention that moochin pr!ck from the $hitty cigar reviewer website???? Maybe everyone on the banter is just more friendly and willing to talk than we are.......while I get on there occasionally, it seems all I am guarenteed over there is dried out cigars with no humi-pack and a slightly better price than here (that they will match for me anyway)---and apparently words behind the ol back. I think Ill choose this over the drama & dry sticks.
    The PIF states that you need 25 posts, no other criteria was required. So it felt like there was this 'little boys club' that was rejecting me when I offered up a sponsor in Marker and my other forum names to verify my credentials. I have never received dried out cigars over there...just better CotMs. I know they will match the price here and I use both sites to stock my inventory.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    You don't need to send out any free cigars to be accepted. All you have to do is complete one trade with an established member. That's it. It's not that hard. After one successful trade we give you all the respect you need. We like one trade under everyone's belt to cut down on forum members likelihood of getting screwed out of their end of the trade or game. It's pretty easy to be accepted.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Vulchor:
    The PIF states that you need 25 posts, no other criteria was required. So it felt like there was this 'little boys club' that was rejecting me when I offered up a sponsor in Marker and my other forum names to verify my credentials. I have never received dried out cigars over there...just better CotMs. I know they will match the price here and I use both sites to stock my inventory.
    25 post and in good standing, how can you be in good standing with no completed trades? I don't like the part when u stated little boys club, im a grown ass man. Don't be bitter bro, it's not a good look. If u had an issue with the rejection then talk about it on here not another site.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    You don't need to send out any free cigars to be accepted. All you have to do is complete one trade with an established member. That's it. It's not that hard. After one successful trade we give you all the respect you need. We like one trade under everyone's belt to cut down on forum members likelihood of getting screwed out of their end of the trade or game. It's pretty easy to be accepted.
    I understand that now and realized that I should have done more lurking and research before joining this forum. I have the packages sent out, so keep an eye on what the members say once they receive them.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    bigharpoon:
    I understand that now and realized that I should have done more lurking and research before joining this forum. I have the packages sent out, so keep an eye on what the members say once they receive them.
    Sweet. After that all the games will be open for your participation.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Vulchor:
    25 post and in good standing, how can you be in good standing with no completed trades? I don't like the part when u stated little boys club, im a grown ass man. Don't be bitter bro, it's not a good look. If u had an issue with the rejection then talk about it on here not another site.
    I talked about it with my friends, that's what friends do. If you really found what I said was offensive then you really need to grow up. Following who said what in that banter format is very difficult. I am not the person you should be targeting if you are reading those posts correctly. I urge you to read it and then form your own opinion, assuming you haven't already read it
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    bigharpoon:
    I did a trade with Sniper for a La Perla perfecto sampler and got my feet wet and running. Since then I have tried to be good with all the trades/games/PIF stuff. It just takes some time and patience. The people here have been good to me and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    I have been on this forum close to three months now. I have done two trades (a.k.a attack and retaliation, lol), a few reviews but did not do an intro thread. ...should have though!

I think if the people here seem unfriendly then you should put a mirror in front of your monitor and reassess the situation.

JDE

• Options
    JonathanE:
    I have been on this forum close to three months now. I have done two trades (a.k.a attack and retaliation, lol), a few reviews but did not do an intro thread. ...should have though!

I think if the people here seem unfriendly then you should put a mirror in front of your monitor and reassess the situation.

JDE

Why don't you go read what I posted that started this whole mess instead of acting like a sheep and following everyone else, because i now you haven't. Then get back to me
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    bigharpoon:
    Been avoiding this one. You guy's were on it like fly's on **** anyway, LOL/

Obviously Shaun.Harrison87 knows where he created some waves here. He mentioned about the criteria for being accepted and having to hand out free cigars to do so, and having been rejected by the boy's club here decided to talk about it on another forum. A lot of us got off to a rough start here when we first came here too,

To S.H.87 I would say that you definately should have spent some time reading and learning how we do things around here and WHY!!

We look out for each other and we take it personally when someone here gets ripped off. The other side of the criteria for trades is simple... there are several hundreds of $$$ worth of sticks being sent out and around this foirum at almost all times. The sticks which have been sent between BOTL here have ranged from yard gar to SUPER PREMIUMS, and the senders all seem to have trouble counting too, as extra sticks are almost always thrown into the mix as well.

It is because of some of these things (and more) that we set certain requirments to become a member of the good traders here. We all went through it at one time, why should you or ANYONE else be any different? I think in time when this blows over and you have settled in a little you will see that the rules are there for a reason, and they are rules WE impose on ourselves as this forum is basically self moderated, so they protect you as much as prevent you from jumping right in, and they represent what the majority of members around here want. In time this will all blow over. C'mon guy's... this isn't the way some of us would have handled a situation like this, but when did we all get such thin skinned?
  • Options
    laker1963:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    bigharpoon:

Obviously Shaun.Harrison87 knows where he created some waves here. He mentioned about the criteria for being accepted and having to hand out free cigars to do so, and having been rejected by the boy's club here decided to talk about it on another forum. A lot of us got off to a rough start here when we first came here too,

To S.H.87 I would say that you definately should have spent some time reading and learning how we do things around here and WHY!!

We look out for each other and we take it personally when someone here gets ripped off. The other side of the criteria for trades is simple... there are several hundreds of $$$ worth of sticks being sent out and around this foirum at almost all times. The sticks which have been sent between BOTL here have ranged from yard gar to SUPER PREMIUMS, and the senders all seem to have trouble counting too, as extra sticks are almost always thrown into the mix as well.

It is because of some of these things (and more) that we set certain requirments to become a member of the good traders here. We all went through it at one time, why should you or ANYONE else be any different? I think in time when this blows over and you have settled in a little you will see that the rules are there for a reason, and they are rules WE impose on ourselves as this forum is basically self moderated, so they protect you as much as prevent you from jumping right in, and they represent what the majority of members around here want. In time this will all blow over. C'mon guy's... this isn't the way some of us would have handled a situation like this, but when did we all get such thin skinned?
    I agree with everything you have said Laker1963, very well said. I admitted the faults and wrongdoings I had at the start and have issued appropriate apologies. I am hoping we can move past this once a few trades take place and you guys see the caliber of BotL I am.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    laker1963:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    bigharpoon:

I agree with everything you have said Laker1963, very well said. I admitted the faults and wrongdoings I had at the start and have issued appropriate apologies. I am hoping we can move past this once a few trades take place and you guys see the caliber of BotL I am.
    It was with a smile on my face that I wrote that post.

I remember someone else around here quite a while ago now who also got off to a rough start here and I took a turn at calling him out and adding to the flaming that happened at the time.

In that case this person became one of our best BOTL and someone I consider a personal friend, who helps me out constantly by standing in as a forward shipper for me. I also think the forum would be poorer if he had not of stayed around and I would like to think the same may be the case here.

Things have been said... things have been discussed and things have been clarified...this should just be allowed to die and let's judge S.H.87 by what happens from here on out.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Shaun, upon your request I read the posts and formed my own opinion. Here's what I found:

"CigarGuy87: gmrfish: CigarGuy87: gmrfish: smokngolfer:CG since you post on the sister can you tell me what the cigar with the 13 on the band is ?//////// I don't post over there anymore....after I called out a vicious attack on someone to say just settle down everyone jumped me. Don't go back now.==>It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be.//////// yup, I said I didn't care for a particular cigar on a daily deal and it was way overpriced than normal and I was called out a "hater". Then, everytime I posted after that they would just post "hater" and not even acknowledge me. Fukc them I say and their silly MoW ranger badges with honors and ****!==>I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?==>Nevermind, I found it...wow those guys are losers! haha"

So after calling me and my brothers losers, I think I'll keep my opinion of you to myself because it should be pretty obvious.
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Shaun, upon your request I read the posts and formed my own opinion. Here's what I found:

"CigarGuy87: gmrfish: CigarGuy87: gmrfish: smokngolfer:CG since you post on the sister can you tell me what the cigar with the 13 on the band is ?//////// I don't post over there anymore....after I called out a vicious attack on someone to say just settle down everyone jumped me. Don't go back now.==>It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be.//////// yup, I said I didn't care for a particular cigar on a daily deal and it was way overpriced than normal and I was called out a "hater". Then, everytime I posted after that they would just post "hater" and not even acknowledge me. Fukc them I say and their silly MoW ranger badges with honors and ****!==>I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?==>Nevermind, I found it...wow those guys are losers! haha"

So after calling me and my brothers losers, I think I'll keep my opinion of you to myself because it should be pretty obvious.
    And I'm sure you have never been in a heat of the moment situation around your buddies and said something you didn't regret later on.... If you cannot accept someones apology then no one can help you.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun I was and have only been referring to the pif stuff. Because it was my opinion that made another memmber to decide to not let you join in the pif at this time. Just wanted to point out the 25 post and good standing requirement. Most people that read it generally just see the 25 post and want to jump right in. You seemed cool with waiting to join in on the pif so I left it alone. No worries. Hope everything works out on here for everyone.
  • Options
    smoke em if you got em:
    Shaun I was and have only been referring to the pif stuff. Because it was my opinion that made another memmber to decide to not let you join in the pif at this time. Just wanted to point out the 25 post and good standing requirement. Most people that read it generally just see the 25 post and want to jump right in. You seemed cool with waiting to join in on the pif so I left it alone. No worries. Hope everything works out on here for everyone.
    No hard feelings at all man, what so ever. I didn't completely understand the 'good standing' part of it and now I do, which was the source of my frustration...and I acted out instead of coming to the source. I can't wait to get in on the action and bomb the hell out of you guys to make up for this!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:

And I'm sure you have never been in a heat of the moment situation around your buddies and said something you didn't regret later on.... If you cannot accept someones apology then no one can help you.
    Nope, not really. Thanks for your concern though. If you would have apologized I would have accepted. But you didn't as shown in your post below (which conveniently left out the 'loser' statement). All you've brought is antagonism and claimed everyone else was ripping this forum's memebers, not you. Again, you call anyone here a loser you're basically insulting family. So apologize for calling us losers instead of deflecting blame, then welcome aboard dude!

"And as you can clearly see I haven't denied any of the things I have said. The other members were the ones ripping on this forum and the members. It can be confusing to see who said which items as that banter has a difficult format. My quotes were "It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be." and "I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?" " --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Heavy:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:

Nope, not really. Thanks for your concern though. If you would have apologized I would have accepted. But you didn't as shown in your post below (which conveniently left out the 'loser' statement). All you've brought is antagonism and claimed everyone else was ripping this forum's memebers, not you. Again, you call anyone here a loser you're basically insulting family. So apologize for calling us losers instead of deflecting blame, then welcome aboard dude!

"And as you can clearly see I haven't denied any of the things I have said. The other members were the ones ripping on this forum and the members. It can be confusing to see who said which items as that banter has a difficult format. My quotes were "It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be." and "I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?" " --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I didn't go back and re-read the posts, I just commented on the one that was c/p earlier and that is my bad. I am sorry for anything I said yesterday towards this forum and its members on the banter, especially the loser comment.
  • Options
    Right on brother. It's all about the cigars anyway. I love this place and will defend it anytime. Maybe you'll feel the same someday, maybe not. Either way it's all good. Happy smoking
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Apology accepted. As to the other former member on this forum that was involved, we'll see if he shows up and makes it right. Now let's move on
  • Options
    fla-gypsy:
    Apology accepted. As to the other former member on this forum that was involved, we'll see if he shows up and makes it right.
    ==>PM sent fla-gypsy
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    fla-gypsy:
    Apology accepted. As to the other former member on this forum that was involved, we'll see if he shows up and makes it right.
    ==>PM sent fla-gypsy
    and replied
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Do yourself a favor and go back to lurking...you are very abbraisive...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    i wont try and speak for others here, that is not my place.
    personally, i have no problem with the way you have conducted yourself here. I have not seen what you posted on another board, but badmouthing this board is in poor taste if you did.
    as i previously stated in this thread, we have recently had some issues and people are on edge here because of it. i have a feeling that you are just a victim of poor timing (by no fault of your own).

i for one am always happy to see new people on the ccom boards because i love to read other peoples opinions, yours included.

i do feel that the people here trying to be very careful about trades are just playing it safe considering the recent past. there is no reason for you to feel unwelcome here, just be aware of the situation.

please dont stop posting, and please dont be offended. a true BORK will be welcomed in quickly because of the content of his character, not the content of his posts, or his humidor.
    im sure you will fit in just fine.