Don't do it, Just saying!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    kuzi16:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    i wont try and speak for others here, that is not my place.
    personally, i have no problem with the way you have conducted yourself here. I have not seen what you posted on another board, but badmouthing this board is in poor taste if you did.
    as i previously stated in this thread, we have recently had some issues and people are on edge here because of it. i have a feeling that you are just a victim of poor timing (by no fault of your own).

i for one am always happy to see new people on the ccom boards because i love to read other peoples opinions, yours included.

i do feel that the people here trying to be very careful about trades are just playing it safe considering the recent past. there is no reason for you to feel unwelcome here, just be aware of the situation.

please dont stop posting, and please dont be offended. a true BORK will be welcomed in quickly because of the content of his character, not the content of his posts, or his humidor.
    im sure you will fit in just fine.

Thank You Kuzi16. I was wrong for the posting I did on the banter, but with apologies we are all ready to move on. I had heard about you from Sniper and some of the other BORKs here and you reputation is all it's cracked up to be...a true gentleman and BotL! Thank You
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    JonathanE:
    I have been on this forum close to three months now. I have done two trades (a.k.a attack and retaliation, lol), a few reviews but did not do an intro thread. ...should have though!

I think if the people here seem unfriendly then you should put a mirror in front of your monitor and reassess the situation.

JDE

Why don't you go read what I posted that started this whole mess instead of acting like a sheep and following everyone else, because i now you haven't. Then get back to me
    Dead wrong, I read every line. I related my experience joining this forum as a comparison in contrast to your experience.

My thinking is that if you found the people here to be unwelcoming that it is because of misperception, not rejection. But you generalized your experience as though it were the gospel, applying universally to this board thus individually insulting every member. That is evidence of a personal problem hence the mirror comment. I don't have any history with you or interpersonal issues between you and me. My problem is that you insulited all of my BOTL.

I have to add though that I am impressed by your willingness to own your mistake and apologize to the group. If you care enough to apologize then you are probably worth having around down the road. Time will tell...

JDE

• Options
    JonathanE:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    JonathanE:
    I have been on this forum close to three months now. I have done two trades (a.k.a attack and retaliation, lol), a few reviews but did not do an intro thread. ...should have though!

I think if the people here seem unfriendly then you should put a mirror in front of your monitor and reassess the situation.

JDE

Why don't you go read what I posted that started this whole mess instead of acting like a sheep and following everyone else, because i now you haven't. Then get back to me
    Dead wrong, I read every line. I related my experience joining this forum as a comparison in contrast to your experience.

My thinking is that if you found the people here to be unwelcoming that it is because of misperception, not rejection. But you generalized your experience as though it were the gospel, applying universally to this board thus individually insulting every member. That is evidence of a personal problem hence the mirror comment. I don't have any history with you or interpersonal issues between you and me. My problem is that you insulited all of my BOTL.

I have to add though that I am impressed by your willingness to own your mistake and apologize to the group. If you care enough to apologize then you are probably worth having around down the road. Time will tell...

JDE

I agree. I am trying to make amends and really try and show my true colors and give apologies where due, not the side I showed last night. I let people post on this thread and really rip me apart for a while, which I was deserving of. But many of those people didn't read what I wrote compared to the others on the banter. I was wrong for what I said and I am sorry.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    If this place was so unwelcoming how come we have so many members? I really have no idea what you're talking about as being nickled and dimed. We ensure that we aren't sending our sticks to someone who isn't gonna send theirs in return and if you truly "have no problem earning your reputation" with us then why are you complaining about how we conduct trades with new members? There's guys on here who have never and will never bomb or trade with anybody but we welcome and treat them the same. The only people we haven't treated the same as anybody are people who have caused problems, had repeated bad trades, and cause drama. I know myself and other brothers here welcomed you with open arms. So this is ridiculous imho
    I never felt an open arms welcome except from a few members who I am conducting trades with. I'm not losing any sleep over this as any of you should be either. I plan to conduct my trades and carry on with my business here and with those trades arriving you will see they type of BotL I really am.
    I was just going to keep my mouth shut, But "not gonna do it" Shaun, you f'd up, Now with that being said, who here hasnt at one time or another? I know I have. Pretty much everyone deserves a second chance.. I would like to re-iterate something I mentioned earlier in another thread. In my book an awesome BOTL/SOTL (Been leaving the gals out) isnt measured by how many or what quality sticks he/she sends. He/she is measure by their character. If you have a problem with someone or something, take it up with the individual or bounce it off one of the FOG's. No one here has an agenda to disrespect or make anyone feel unwelcome. I'm sure you can understand the concept of people wanting to get to know you a little bit before they start conducting trades. As you remember I reached out to you to conduct a trade because I felt comfortable enough doing so. I hope we can still do that. But please dont disparage any of the forum members. There are many members here, Im sure you will find some that can you get along with quite well.. Take Care.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    I was just going to keep my mouth shut, But "not gonna do it" Shaun, you f'd up, Now with that being said, who here hasnt at one time or another? Pretty much everyone deserves a second chance.. I would like to re-iterate something I mentioned earlier in another thread. In my book an awesome BOTL/SOTL (Been leaving the gals out) isnt measured by how many or what quality sticks he/she sends. He/she is measure by their character. If you have a problem with someone or something, take it up with the individual or bounce it off one of the FOG's. No one here has an agenda to disrespect or make anyone feel unwelcome. I'm sure you can understand the concept of people wanting to get to know you a little bit before they start conducting trades. As you remember I reached out to you to conduct a trade because I felt comfortable enough doing so. I hope we can still do that. But please dont disparage any of the forum members. There are many members here, Im sure you will find some that can you get along with quite well.. Take Care.
    And I sincerely thank you for reaching out, you made me feel very welcome during those first few posts here. I hope we can complete our trade here in the next coming weeks. I have a lot of cigars going in and out, I will update you once I see what I received and what I am still looking for. I am sorry for the disrespect I have shown. Talk to you soon.
  • Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Heavy:
    Shaun, upon your request I read the posts and formed my own opinion. Here's what I found:

"CigarGuy87: gmrfish: CigarGuy87: gmrfish: smokngolfer:CG since you post on the sister can you tell me what the cigar with the 13 on the band is ?//////// I don't post over there anymore....after I called out a vicious attack on someone to say just settle down everyone jumped me. Don't go back now.==>It has been a different transition trying to "fit in" over there. They aren't 1/10th as inviting and friendly as you guys here. You guys would do a trade with someone with 10 posts just to help them out, where as over there you HAVE to be on the "good traders list' and send out free cigars pretty much to even be accepted. I started posting there to participate in their PIF and games, but it hasn't' been all it's cracked up to be.//////// yup, I said I didn't care for a particular cigar on a daily deal and it was way overpriced than normal and I was called out a "hater". Then, everytime I posted after that they would just post "hater" and not even acknowledge me. Fukc them I say and their silly MoW ranger badges with honors and ****!==>I can see that happening with quite a few of their members. What does that MOW ranger band even mean?==>Nevermind, I found it...wow those guys are losers! haha"

So after calling me and my brothers losers, I think I'll keep my opinion of you to myself because it should be pretty obvious.
    And I'm sure you have never been in a heat of the moment situation around your buddies and said something you didn't regret later on.... If you cannot accept someones apology then no one can help you.
    I hope your accepting friends over at CI enjoy your bullshit, hopefully they'll give you the acceptance you so desperately seek. These forums are amazing and will only suffer from your continued use. You said you don't mind proving yourself and it seems you already have. Good job.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Shaun I was and have only been referring to the pif stuff. Because it was my opinion that made another memmber to decide to not let you join in the pif at this time. Just wanted to point out the 25 post and good standing requirement. Most people that read it generally just see the 25 post and want to jump right in. You seemed cool with waiting to join in on the pif so I left it alone. No worries. Hope everything works out on here for everyone.
    No hard feelings at all man, what so ever. I didn't completely understand the 'good standing' part of it and now I do, which was the source of my frustration...and I acted out instead of coming to the source. I can't wait to get in on the action and bomb the hell out of you guys to make up for this!
    Sounds cool man. We will know when those trades go through....then it's on lol. Have a good one.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    The Kid:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    I was just going to keep my mouth shut, But "not gonna do it" Shaun, you f'd up, Now with that being said, who here hasnt at one time or another? Pretty much everyone deserves a second chance.. I would like to re-iterate something I mentioned earlier in another thread. In my book an awesome BOTL/SOTL (Been leaving the gals out) isnt measured by how many or what quality sticks he/she sends. He/she is measure by their character. If you have a problem with someone or something, take it up with the individual or bounce it off one of the FOG's. No one here has an agenda to disrespect or make anyone feel unwelcome. I'm sure you can understand the concept of people wanting to get to know you a little bit before they start conducting trades. As you remember I reached out to you to conduct a trade because I felt comfortable enough doing so. I hope we can still do that. But please dont disparage any of the forum members. There are many members here, Im sure you will find some that can you get along with quite well.. Take Care.
    And I sincerely thank you for reaching out, you made me feel very welcome during those first few posts here. I hope we can complete our trade here in the next coming weeks. I have a lot of cigars going in and out, I will update you once I see what I received and what I am still looking for. I am sorry for the disrespect I have shown. Talk to you soon.
    Thanks Man, looking forward to it, and seeing the fury you unleashed.lol.. IMO you wont find a better forum anywhere else..take it easy.. Id like to leave you with one more thougt, It tells a story of who I am and My purpose here

> My purpose in life

• Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
    It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
    Shakespeare
    Now Shawn, say 3 Hail Mary's and repent and you will be forgiven.
    Tough Crowd.LOL.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    Shakespeare
    Tough Crowd.LOL.
    Haha, are you taking advantage of me at a point of weakness?
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    beatnic:
    Shakespeare
    Tough Crowd.LOL.
    Haha, are you taking advantage of me at a point of weakness?
    Just like the candles on the altar and shut your piehole.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Those Fukcers at SewingForums.com are real A$$Holes!

It's like a Good 'ol Girls club over there...

I'm going to go to another forum and find me some REAL SOTN (Sisters of the Needle)
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    But they serve Miller Lite.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    beatnic:
    Uh Oh, now he's thinking about it.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    amz1301:
    beatnic:
    Wel...... People can change
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    amz1301:
    beatnic:
    and there's slightly overweight girls who like to wear two piece bikinis and get drunk
  • Options
    amz1301:
    beatnic:
    ==>I'm an A-B guy...when I am not searching for my next favorite craft beer or drinking a good buddy's homebrew he conjures up every 4 months or so.
  • Options
    Flash318Flash318 Posts: 49
    No Sniper I just read the post wrong evrey thing is cool really I don't mind friendly ribing there was a reply about using the search option I didnt get and read following post(s) regarding negivaty but wasnt in reguards to me I just read it wrong
    I m late on responding cus I sometimes have a different work/sleep schedual Really I dont sleep much anyway
    Thanks for looking out though
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    kuzi16:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    ENFIDL:
    i wont try and speak for others here, that is not my place.
    personally, i have no problem with the way you have conducted yourself here. I have not seen what you posted on another board, but badmouthing this board is in poor taste if you did.
    as i previously stated in this thread, we have recently had some issues and people are on edge here because of it. i have a feeling that you are just a victim of poor timing (by no fault of your own).

i for one am always happy to see new people on the ccom boards because i love to read other peoples opinions, yours included.

i do feel that the people here trying to be very careful about trades are just playing it safe considering the recent past. there is no reason for you to feel unwelcome here, just be aware of the situation.

please dont stop posting, and please dont be offended. a true BORK will be welcomed in quickly because of the content of his character, not the content of his posts, or his humidor.
    im sure you will fit in just fine.

I wasn't speaking for everyone I was just saying that because of the fact I know that I did and that some others did. I was just relaying what I saw in some posts. Should have clarified that I guess