Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Lung cancer vaccine...from Cuba.

2»

Comments

• Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Sounds like this thread is becoming an argument. Looks like it was supposed to be a simple, interesting read...went wrong. Oh well...next.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    As long as people exist, there will be disagreements, and those disagreements will turn into arguments. So long as it doesn't turn into a fight, it's all good. A healthy debate is a sign of a free and vibrant society.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    xmacro:
    laker1963:
    If you had read the article instead of scanning it looking for your rebuttal you would have seen this sentence...

Gonzalez says that more than 700 patients have received the vaccine over the years, many of them in seven clinical trials in Cuba, Canada and the UK.

I would also like to point out to you the irony of your first statement...Well, if someone says it on the tv, it must be true. Like this CNN story - 60,000 Cuban people cured/lives improved, with a miraculous potion of distilled water and scorpion venom.

Do you have ANY idea the number of "cures" or vaccines in the world already which do derive from just such natural sources? Are you so foolish to believe that it isn't "real medicine" unless it is synthethized and reduced to it's lowest chemical compounds?

Talk about wanting to sell me a bridge. Man I have rarely met anyone as fully indoctrinated as you. Trying to have a serious, adult discussion with you is just impossible. You can safely put your blinders back on now, nothing to see here.
    Again with the ad hominem's - you really do belong with Amos and wwestern. Iis it really so difficult to have an argument without calling the other side a liar? Is it so difficult to debate with someone and admit your opponent has the best of intentions? Or do you need to label people who disagree with you, to act like you're the only one with good intentions?

Take note of this Laker - I may call you a fool because I disagree with your opinions, but I've never questioned your good intentions or called you a liar or a hyperpartisan like you call me.

I'm asking for evidence that this "cure" works outside an area controlled by a guy with the last name Castro, and you're calling me a hyperpartisan with blinders on.

What is so difficult about this concept that you keep missing? You're believing a story from a communist nation in which all dissent is dragged out into the street and shot.

Like I said - show me one scintilla of evidence that it has worked in a clinic NOT in Cuba, but in a Western (FYI - "Western" includes America, Europe, Canada, etc - the Western nations) clinical setting and I'll be inclined to believe it. Until then, this "scorpion venom + water" cure is nothing more than snake oil from a regime that shoots anyone who tries to escape and fails; there's no evidence outside Cuba that it works - and you're ready to swallow the entire hoax hook line and sinker because you think the cure to a disease that's very likely genetic, is to be found in poisoning oneself with a scorpion.

If North Korea "found" the cure to AIDs from tree sap, and said they cured 100,000 people with it, none of whom you could medically examine, would you believe it? What if they said "everyone who doesn't believe we can cure AIDs with tree sap is an indoctrinated hyperpartisan who's unwilling to have an adult conversation or believe in the healing power of nature"?

That's your argument in a nutshell - you not only believe a story with no evidence, but you're attacking me personally, calling me a child and a hyperpartisan, for asking for evidence. Children believe in Santa and the Easter bunny without any proof; adults know to ask for evidence before believing a fat man in a sled can fly.

Do you actually read some of the **** you write?Show me where I said I believed this vaccine works? The whole thing about this discussion has been about you being so adament that it DIDN"T work, and couldn't work simply because it came out of Cuba.

If I belong with BOTL like Amos and Western... that's awesome. There are very few people around anywhere that I would rather be grouped in with. It's not me who is hyperventillating over this, it's you. A little healthy skepticism is a good thing. Blindly believing something is true / false based on NO EVIDENCE is actually showing signs of paranoia.
    Everything you claim people do while discussing issues with you, are actually things YOU do. You name call, blow off what others say, challenge their statements with little more then smart ass comments. Then you turn around and ask people not to treat you that way, so you can come off looking like a victim. Now you are telling me what I believe and what I don't, and reducing it all down to a nut shell? LMFAO

Santa?... the Easter Bunny?... Hmmmm, what will you accuse me of doing to poor little you next? Grow the fu ck up son. I'm done with you. If your mind is so closed that you can accept nothing outside of your already held beliefs, that's too bad for you, 'cause life is not going to change much for you... you're just spending time... until it runs out
  • Options
    xmacro:
    As long as people exist, there will be disagreements, and those disagreements will turn into arguments. So long as it doesn't turn into a fight, it's all good. A healthy debate is a sign of a free and vibrant society.
    You treat all disagreeing beliefs with contempt and look at people who hold those beliefs as enemies. You have NO idea of what is healthy debate and if you were ever in one you would be disqualified shortly after opening your mouth and the first shot came out. Healthy debate... now that's funny Macro
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    laker1963:
    Do you actually read some of the **** you write?Show me where I said I believed this vaccine works? The whole thing about this discussion has been about you being so adament that it DIDN"T work, and couldn't work simply because it came out of Cuba.

If I belong with BOTL like Amos and Western... that's awesome. There are very few people around anywhere that I would rather be grouped in with. It's not me who is hyperventillating over this, it's you. A little healthy skepticism is a good thing. Blindly believing something is true / false based on NO EVIDENCE is actually showing signs of paranoia.
    Everything you claim people do while discussing issues with you, are actually things YOU do. You name call, blow off what others say, challenge their statements with little more then smart ass comments. Then you turn around and ask people not to treat you that way, so you can come off looking like a victim. Now you are telling me what I believe and what I don't, and reducing it all down to a nut shell? LMFAO

Santa?... the Easter Bunny?... Hmmmm, what will you accuse me of doing to poor little you next? Grow the fu ck up son. I'm done with you. If your mind is so closed that you can accept nothing outside of your already held beliefs, that's too bad for you, 'cause life is not going to change much for you... you're just spending time... until it runs out
    laker1963:
    xmacro:
    You treat all disagreeing beliefs with contempt and look at people who hold those beliefs as enemies. You have NO idea of what is healthy debate and if you were ever in one you would be disqualified shortly after opening your mouth and the first shot came out. Healthy debate... now that's funny Macro
    Seriously - take one

• Options
    xmacro:
    laker1963:

laker1963:
    xmacro:
    Seriously - take one

That was your reply? Once again your advice is misdirected and you should actually consider taking it yourself. Maybe even two ;)
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    been a while since I've seen Doug on fire. glad to know you still got it in ya Doug
  • Options
    dennisking:
    been a while since I've seen Doug on fire. glad to know you still got it in ya Doug
    Don't encourage me Dennis lol. I am supposed to be mellowing out and not taking the bait anymore...but.

So Dennis, how's that nasty rash you had? LMAO