Home General Discussion
Options

RCY Cigars Real Cigar Talk

2»

Comments

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Since no one else wants to say it and we all know it's true. When I am smoking with friends I smoke my MOST EXPENSIVE cigars, in particualr ISOM's, and yes, i DO leave the band on, just to show I am a TRUE AFICIONADO and am so much better than they are...............
    ...not true. ( at least for me.) I always take the band off, and if someone asks what I'm smoking I tell them. But usually I know the person and we will both be smoking the same thing comparing notes on that cigar.
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    Since no one else wants to say it and we all know it's true. When I am smoking with friends I smoke my MOST EXPENSIVE cigars, in particualr ISOM's, and yes, i DO leave the band on, just to show I am a TRUE AFICIONADO and am so much better than they are...............
    LMAO...I know that for sure I smoke WAY LESS Cubans then most of you American BOTL here do! While the opportunity to smoke them everyday is there, the prices of these things just makes me shake my head.
    There are a truckload of Nicaraguan sticks that I enjoy as much as Cubans and they come in at around a third of the price at least.
    When I want to show off I open a copy of Cigar Afficionado to a page where they are advertizing the stick I am smoking. Must be a cigar smokers cigar if it appears in CA magazine, LMAO.
    Thanks for getting it Doug, I tried to do it w/o the LOL or sarcasm font.

Anyone that knows me knows that I don't care about showing off, it is a hobby pure and simple. I love speading the wealth whether it be a GH2002 or a GoF.

I truly think Rick has a great understanding of this is a hobby and his bombs are definately the bomb!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bandyt09:
    Always take the band off, even when alone, Habit I guess. So that way I dont try to show myself up...;o)
  • Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Cigars with company are awesome, but much like others here, I find that conversation distracts me from the subtleties of the cigar I'm enjoying. I think it's a fair trade as long as I select a smoke based off that idea.
  • Options
    Lakota72Lakota72 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    I can say that while i was in Germany with Rick, it was the cigar talk that walked me through the flavors and subtleties. I always searched for the flavors. Sometimes, I would come up with something different but most of the time I was hitting on the same flavors that had been mentioned to me. I will say that now, as I smoke, I prefer to have an average smoke when talking to people as I can't really focus on changes in flavor etc. I like to have my "expensive" cigars and favorites sitting on the porch by myself.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:
    LMAO...I know that for sure I smoke WAY LESS Cubans then most of you American BOTL here do! While the opportunity to smoke them everyday is there, the prices of these things just makes me shake my head.
    There are a truckload of Nicaraguan sticks that I enjoy as much as Cubans and they come in at around a third of the price at least.
    When I want to show off I open a copy of Cigar Afficionado to a page where they are advertizing the stick I am smoking. Must be a cigar smokers cigar if it appears in CA magazine, LMAO.

Anyone that knows me knows that I don't care about showing off, it is a hobby pure and simple. I love speading the wealth whether it be a GH2002 or a GoF.

I truly think Rick has a great understanding of this is a hobby and his bombs are definately the bomb!!!!!!!!!
    Don't try and backpeddle after getting called on your snobbery Todd. I seem to recall you taking a handful of Davidoffs and tossing them in the trash just because you could. And you were so proud showing off your faux-hiba...what was inside it again...rabbit droppings?
  • Options
    JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:

Don't try and backpeddle after getting called on your snobbery Todd. I seem to recall you taking a handful of Davidoffs and tossing them in the trash just because you could. And you were so proud showing off your faux-hiba...what was inside it again...rabbit droppings?
    Holy crap!

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:

Joe, I told you that I couldn't have that distinct Davidoff essence rub off on my newly purchased Thom+son hand rolls. I know you wanted them but, truth is, you were/are not worthy of them............
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:

Joe, I told you that I couldn't have that distinct Davidoff essence rub off on my newly purchased Thom+son hand rolls. I know you wanted them but, truth is, you were/are not worthy of them............
    That ain't right...I want them soo bad. Did I forget to include an lolol jkjk before? Wink [;)]
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    j0z3r:
    bandyt09:
    laker1963:
    bandyt09:

That ain't right...I want them soo bad. Did I forget to include an lolol jkjk before? Wink [;)]

Well, let me retrack on this. I go to my local B&M and have a Don Tomas Sungrown . Then I leave my Davidoff lighter and XIKAR Xi3 3D Mayan Cutter on the table. I always dress down. Like some jeans really wrinkled and a old t-shirt with some worn out boots. And I always get the bottled water or tea. Freaks them out all the time. They don't know what to think, lol.....

• Options
    While sitting here thinking about some of the good things that people do. BAM!!! I get reminded what some people do just cause they don't give a hoot. Yeah, I'm a little pissed off. But, I did it to myself. Anyway, question is this. When you make a deal with a stand up BOTL and out of no where they screw you. Rather it was on a trade, split or purchase. Do you hold that over the other BOTL's here? Or keep it moving? Spread the word about said individual? Myself, I keep it moving but it is still disheartening to know people you trust can eventually screw you over cigars. It's crazy to me, because ipractically give them away. But yes, I've been burned too. What do you guys think?

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    not gonna lie... I would want to know who to look out for, if it was somebody from this forum... that's why we have the good traders thread, to help each other out.

that's just my 2 cents, though

sorry you got burned, Rick. You, of all people, have earned more respect than that.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    While sitting here thinking about some of the good things that people do. BAM!!! I get reminded what some people do just cause they don't give a hoot. Yeah, I'm a little pissed off. But, I did it to myself. Anyway, question is this. When you make a deal with a stand up BOTL and out of no where they screw you. Rather it was on a trade, split or purchase. Do you hold that over the other BOTL's here? Or keep it moving? Spread the word about said individual? Myself, I keep it moving but it is still disheartening to know people you trust can eventually screw you over cigars. It's crazy to me, because ipractically give them away. But yes, I've been burned too. What do you guys think?

Bad behavior is bad behavior and other BOTL should be warned even if done discreetly.
  • Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I guess a *** list isnt a bad thing. Or maybe even a dispute section.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    I guess a *** list isnt a bad thing. Or maybe even a dispute section.
    agreed
  • Options
    O yea Rick your now on my Sihtlist. For not giving me heads up on a forward pass. BigT06 YOU TOO!!!
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    O yea Rick your now on my Sihtlist. For not giving me heads up on a forward pass. BigT06 YOU TOO!!!
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! there's a difference between that kind of sh!tlist and the kind we need to avoid Rick's unfortunate situation, though... lol
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:

I do a lot of joking around and kidding on these forums, but I am stunned or would be stunned that one of us would burn another Bork on these forums. It is certainly something that I would take very seriously. To me, its not about the cigars, its about honor among BOTL. Its about giving to somebody you may have never met, but really care about. This forum brings us together like Brothers. I probably have never bought a strangers dinner but I have sent hundeds of dollars worth of cigars out to people that I have never met, maybe never meet. Trust among Brothers is a big deal. Just my .02.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    RCY Cigars:

Rick, I'm sure you know the routine. If you have PM'd the person and they have either avoided giving an explanation or have made promises that have also been broken then tell the forum. Just keep the personal stuff out of it, if you can. I sometimes wonder if the problem with letting the forum know about a deal that has gone south, is more about the pile of needless comments after the fact.

If Rick decides this is something that should be told to the forum, IMO, we should just file that info. away for future refference without a **** storm of nasty needless comments directed at people. That sucks Rick, you have been a true upstanding BOTL around here, and do not deserve that. Whoever this is should just man up, admit the mistake and make it right.
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    RCY Cigars:

Rick, I'm sure you know the routine. If you have PM'd the person and they have either avoided giving an explanation or have made promises that have also been broken then tell the forum. Just keep the personal stuff out of it, if you can. I sometimes wonder if the problem with letting the forum know about a deal that has gone south, is more about the pile of needless comments after the fact.

If Rick decides this is something that should be told to the forum, IMO, we should just file that info. away for future refference without a **** storm of nasty needless comments directed at people. That sucks Rick, you have been a true upstanding BOTL around here, and do not deserve that. Whoever this is should just man up, admit the mistake and make it right.
    NUFF SAID.
  • Options
    If this is about the situation that im aware of then its a really Phoked up situation. I really hope that the individual involved comes clean and makes good. Rick has been nothing more than a great BOTL. Honestly noone should be taken advantage of.
  • Options
    lcpleel:
    If this is about the situation that im aware of then its a really Phoked up situation. I really hope that the individual involved comes clean and makes good. Rick has been nothing more than a great BOTL. Honestly noone should be taken advantage of.
    Ok I hate drama but look Rick I've told you, I would only send the pic of me in fishnets and High heels if you first sent me 9 pirates gold. I received eight and one opus x. A deal is a deal and your not getting the pic until I get one more PG..I may be easy but Im not cheap (just tryin to lighten it up a bit)
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    I haven't been on here very long and I've never had this problem but here's my opinion for what it's worth. I really don't like to bad mouth people so personally if I was in that kind of situation and the dispute was only over a couple sticks or a couple dollars I'd probably just chalk it up as a loss and make a mental note not deal with that individual anymore. Should you say something, probably yes, but I wouldn't. That's just the way I am, maybe they need it more than me. Now I know there are principals behind the whole thing and it shouldn't be all about the dollars but if this was quite a few sticks or a large dollar amount and I PM'd the person several times with no answer or resolution then I would post something. Like others said just state the facts.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:
    Ok I hate drama but look Rick I've told you, I would only send the pic of me in fishnets and High heels if you first sent me 9 pirates gold. I received eight and one opus x. A deal is a deal and your not getting the pic until I get one more PG..I may be easy but Im not cheap (just tryin to lighten it up a bit)

Look, that was ENFIDL you made that deal with, not me. So stop PM'ing me for the PG, lol.

On a more serious note. I hear you Laker loud and clear. The guy does not come around much anymore. And when he does, he does not post for trades or splits or anything like that. If he does, trust me, I will say something. Let's just move on. I won't let anyone else fall, trust me.
  • Options
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:

Look, that was ENFIDL you made that deal with, not me. So stop PM'ing me for the PG, lol.

On a more serious note. I hear you Laker loud and clear. The guy does not come around much anymore. And when he does, he does not post for trades or splits or anything like that. If he does, trust me, I will say something. Let's just move on. I won't let anyone else fall, trust me.
    lmao....In the words of Gilda Radner..."Ohhh NeverMind"
  • Options
    lcpleel:

What are friends for, lol?

• Options
    RCY Cigars:
    The Kid:
    lcpleel:

ohhhhh ENFIDL where are yooooooooouuuuuuu