Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Here it is: My 10,000th post.
man, are my fingers tired.

This epic number of posts show how much of a nerd I am, how much time I have on my hands and how much I love cigars, this forum and all the wonderful people here.

Thank you, cigar.com and Alex, for hosting this forum, where people like me, that love cigars, can come to chat about what we enjoy. Like many here, I have learned and grown in this hobby because of the community here. It started out as a learning tool but has turned into a place that has given me an opportunity to get to know and meet many great BOTLs (BORKs). I hope only the best to this community and its inhabitants that have given me so much.

In the spirit of giving back I have a little contest.

of course there are some rules...

-this is open to members that are in good standing on the Good traders thread or this one.

-due to the large prize being offered, members must have at least 250 posts. Sorry, new guys. I want this to go to someone that has been around for a while and shows sign of sticking around for a while. I hope that makes sense and does not offend anyone. (questions and comments can be PMed to me)

-to respond to this contest, you do not need to post a picture of a filled in answer sheet. I understand that many of you dont know how or are unable to post pictures due to the device you use to access the forum. However, I highly encourage you to do so if you can.

-If you do not post a picture of the answer sheet filled in, you can just post the answers as answers to the questions/hints. Please keep them in the order they are originally posted in as to not confuse me. (I am easily confused)

-Do NOT post incomplete sheets or answers. If you are wrong, this gives other the opportunity to take your hard work and take the winnings away from you. If you post a response that is complete but wrong then I will simply respond by telling you it is wrong, but not how or where.

-I have done my best to proof read this thing as many times as I can. But, as I have proven time and again, I am only human. Any errors that have an effect on the game will be dealt with as fairly as possible with help from the forum at large.

-there are no spaces. Any muti-word answers have the spaces removed.

-Hints will be given out should this contest drag out longer than 7 days. Only one hint will be given out per day. They will be handed out on a first come first serve basis according to when they are asked for in this thread starting after the seventh day.

I think that may be it. Any other questions or comments sould be asked in form of a PM and I will respond via PM as well unless it effects the game.

on with the show...

Across
1. Hank, Dean, Rusty
3. my pets (glorified furniture)
4. Cuban-Spanish term for partially smoked and unlit cigar
6. Spanish term for cigar factory
8. Ive said it before and ill say it again: ______ does Maduro right
10. Beer coming to Ohio in October
13. brand of mountain bike i have
15. Asneeze, father of _____
18. AJ's hat
22. Straight-sided
23. _________ Tabacum
24. god of Cigar Press
25. my car
27. The ________ Piggy
29. my post count
31. the best thing to happen to cigars since fire
32. 5 x 50
33. brand of running shoes i have
34. Double-Claro, Flue or heat Cured (to keep the chlorophyll) Wrapper leaf

Down

2. last country i was in other than the US
3. (IMHO) best time for Corojo cigars
5. half man, half dog; own best friend
7. rum and ____. pairs with corojo cigars
9. I want a girl with a short skirt and a long ______
11. Leaves from the upper priming
12. my musical instrument of choice
14. 26.2
15. original forum Ccom was associated with
16. yellow trucks are ______
17. the 1 to 3 foot tall piles of tobacco which fermentation takes place
19. Stole fire from Zeus
20. My first concert
21. Very Big Rat
26. wants to stand next to your fire
28. Tim
30. Fell into a burning ring of fire
31. A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language

good luck.

since that's done, I'm gunna go light up an OpusX PL.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Jesus Kuzi....... you ARE a nerd! Congrats buddy! Awesome contest!
  • Congrats Kuzi! Thanks for sharing your knowledge on these forums. Loving the contest!
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    CONGRATS ON 10K!

yes, you clearly are a nerd... but you are one of my cigar heros! Keep the posts (esp. reviews) coming!

btw, thanks for the contest!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Kuzi on reaching 10,000 posts. I look forward to reading you next 10,000
  • Congrats Kuzi!
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    MTuccelli:
    Congrats Kuzi on reaching 10,000 posts. I look forward to reading you next 10,000
    "Hear, Hear!" I'll Drink to That.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    holy balls, amazing contest
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Awesome job on the 10,000 just saw it in another thread.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats on this accomplishment. Thank you for sharing your knowledge - it has helped countless people enjoy this great hobby.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    AWESOMENESSSSSSSS !!!! Congrats Fellow Ohio BOTL ! This is a Great Contest Brother thansk for al the Knowledge and Fun!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Congratulations on your milestone Matt. Thanks for all you contribute to these forums.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the milestone! Thank you for all the information and experience that you provide to everyone here on the forum! Your nerdiness is very much appreciated!

Ok, here's my answers. I hope I got em all...a win would be a good birthday gift to myself :)

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Holy crap, Dwayne. lol

you were waiting and ready for this, weren't you. Very impressive.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I'm still struggling through and this brother has knocked a home run. Kuzi is there any reason to continue? BTW, congrats on 10k
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Dang! Way to go man.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    awesome, i wasnt even going to try anyway, lol, and congrats kuzi
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Matt

"Long ashes my friends."

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    I see I got here late. Congrats on reaching the 10k mark. Looking forward to being around for your next 10k. Thanks for all conversations and info...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    dbeckom:
    Congrats on the milestone! Thank you for all the information and experience that you provide to everyone here on the forum! Your nerdiness is very much appreciated!

Ok, here's my answers. I hope I got em all...a win would be a good birthday gift to myself :)

incorrect

please play again.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Congratulations on your 10k Kuzi.
  • JonathanEJonathanE Posts: 401
    Congrats, Kuzi! Add me to the list of people who are glad you're around.

...and I have to admit that I'm glad your little puzzle didn't get owned in the first 12 hours! Haha. Good try though, Dwayne!

JDE

• HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    +1. We've never really 'talked' much on here, but I've gained a wealth of knowledge from your posts and your 'always something to learn' and 'perpetual noob' attitude is awesome and very refreshing, especially for an internet forum. I really appreciate it.

As for the contest, I'm sure someone will get it before I even have a chance to mess with it (**cough, cough, dwayne, cough, cough**); if not I'll give it a go asap. ;-)

Congrats on 10K and thanks for the contest!
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 10K post Kuzi! Your wealth of knowledge on this forum is amazing!!! Awesome contest btw!
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Kuzi. I've had the pleasure of meeting you in person and had a great time. I've also enjoyed reading your post and learning so much from them. Thanks for being such a great member on this awesome forum.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    10,000? Man thats a lot of typing. Do you talk as much? LOL. Congrats. Someone should give you a contest.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on your 10,000 post. In my almost 1 year here I have enjoyed your posts. They have helped me gain knowledge in everything cigar. Here's to another 10,000 great posts.

Rob
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JonathanE:

...and I have to admit that I'm glad your little puzzle didn't get owned in the first 12 hours! Haha. Good try though, Dwayne!

JDE

Heavy:

As for the contest, I'm sure someone will get it before I even have a chance to mess with it (**cough, cough, dwayne, cough, cough**); if not I'll give it a go asap. ;-)

Congrats on 10K and thanks for the contest!
    fla-gypsy:
    I'm still struggling through and this brother has knocked a home run. Kuzi is there any reason to continue? BTW, congrats on 10k
    Sorry guys, I couldn't sleep last night. When I ran across kuzi's crossword puzzle I figured I'd just work on a few and then try to sleep again...2 hours later I realized I had what I thought were all the answers.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I feel terrible about this, because I'm standing on the shoulders of a giant here, but I still might be wrong (not sure if that makes it better or worse!!). Only made two changes...will pass on some winnings if I get it right, for sure. Kuzi, many congrats on the milestone and many thanks for the great puzzle and contest!!

Across
    1) Venture
    3) Fish
    4) Cabo
    6) Tabacalera
    8) Camacho
    10) Yuengling
    13) Diamondback
    15) Achoo
    18) Fedora
    22) Parejo
    23) Nicotina
    24) Thor
    25) Impreza
    27) Chocolate
    29) EPIC
    31) Xikar
    32) Robusto
    33) Asics
    34) Candela

Down
    2) Nicaragua
    3) Fall
    5) MOG
    7) Cider
    9) Jacket
    11) Ligero
    12) Guitar
    14) Marathon
    15) Asylum
    16) Orange
    17) Pilone
    19) Prometheus
    20) Kiss
    21) Ratzilla
    26) Hendrix
    28) TheBeard
    30) Cash
    31) XKCD

Fingers crossed....get it...crossword....ugh, I hate me too.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I think you are right Ken but there is an error in one of the answers in the crossword that is the fault of the puzzle. I pm'd Kuzi to see if it affects the other answer on the board.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    dbeckom:

F>U>C>K ME

looks like a Win from where Im standing ! Someone had way to Much time on thier hands .. three or four google windows open and some Energy drinks or so Go Go powder ..... LOL Congrats in advance if you are "WINNING!"