Casa Magna Event

Just wanted to see what everyones thoughts are on the Casa Magna smokes. I've heard some good things about them and there is an event at my local B&M tonight. I doubt I'll get to make it out there cause I'll probably be too tired after work, but might have a friend pick me up something if I get some good responces on here. Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,152
    Haven't heard of them. You know who makes them?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,132
    I know they are blended by Nestor Plasencia and Manuel Quesada...
    PuroFreak:
    I know they are blended by Nestor Plasencia and Manuel Quesada...
    Nestor? Could be worth a shot.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Well that cancels my shipping you some Casa Magna from my local shop :)

They have been receiving an incredible amount of hype around here. I haven't had one yet, but I've given away 2 to people on here, and there is a 2-day event at my shop coming up over Super Bowl weekend. I think they're made by Fonseca. At the B&M this weekend, the owner was spouting off about "Cigar of the Year" by one of the magazines... 92 rating from someone.. and blah blah blah.

From my spreadsheet:
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero (!!)
    Body: Full

There are various vitolas, ranging in the high-$4 to low-$6 range.
    Yea, it won Cigar of the Year from CA. Kind of suprising for the price! And don't let that stop ya from swapping a couple of those with me! haha Like I said, I'm not gonna be able to make the event because of work.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    They have been receiving an incredible amount of hype around here. I haven't had one yet, but I've given away 2 to people on here, and there is a 2-day event at my shop coming up over Super Bowl weekend. I think they're made by Fonseca. At the B&M this weekend, the owner was spouting off about "Cigar of the Year" by one of the magazines... 92 rating from someone.. and blah blah blah.

From my spreadsheet:
    Origin: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Ligero (!!)
    Body: Full

There are various vitolas, ranging in the high-$4 to low-$6 range.
    dont believe the hype. believe your taste buds. here is the worst case:

you go and try a new cigar that has the potential to be a daily smoker.
    PuroFreak:
    Yea, it won Cigar of the Year from CA. Kind of suprising for the price! And don't let that stop ya from swapping a couple of those with me! haha Like I said, I'm not gonna be able to make the event because of work.
    Alright, Puro... I'll get a package to you after our event here. What you had requested in PM plus a couple Casa Magna... just PM your addy.

I shipped a Casa Magna with A Pass Deux in mid-October, and Scrambler snatched it up. I know he's already smoked it, but I didn't see any thoughts/reviews. Somebody else on here should have one by the end of this week via Priority Mail, if he hasn't gotten it already :)

Speaking of Scramz, I haven't seen him around here... maybe he's too busy in his new job?
    OH YEA! I was just laughing at the the CA Top 25 with one of the guys at the B&M the other day. I do remember that, they were getting bashed pretty hardcore in the B&M and on another forum I hit up from time to time.
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    Alright, Puro... I'll get a package to you after our event here. What you had requested in PM plus a couple Casa Magna... just PM your addy.

I shipped a Casa Magna with A Pass Deux in mid-October, and Scrambler snatched it up. I know he's already smoked it, but I didn't see any thoughts/reviews. Somebody else on here should have one by the end of this week via Priority Mail, if he hasn't gotten it already :)

Speaking of Scramz, I haven't seen him around here... maybe he's too busy in his new job?
    You're a good guy Doody! Despite what Maddy always says about you.. Man you should hear it! Horrible stuff! haha
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

You're a good guy Doody! Despite what Maddy always says about you.. Man you should hear it! Horrible stuff! haha
    LMAO ...
    dutyje:
    I txted him earlier today. He's a pretty busy guy, the man has two full time jobs and goes to school and somewhere in there he finds time for a girlfriend and a pretty sweet motorcycle.
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

It's nothing like what I said about him ;)
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Yea but I thought that was all true! lol
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Yea but I thought that was all true! lol
    I'm taking my football and going home.
    Let's go TP Maddy's house!
    I'M IN!!!! haha
    As long as its not used TP.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    it's
    You're just bitter because I beat doody to it. And you totally want him to be your boyfriend.
    urbino:
    You're just bitter because I beat doody to it. And you totally want him to be your boyfriend.
    I literally laughed out loud at that one. Has he moved into your humi yet?
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    He had me locked in there... I was yelling "apostrophe!! apostrophe!!" from behind the glass, and he wouldn't let me out until went ahead and typed it in and took credit for it himself. That ***.
    I would've turned off his oasis. He would have let you out in no time flat.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    urbino:
    He had me locked in there... I was yelling "apostrophe!! apostrophe!!"
    Chuckle. I can just see that. "Elaine! Elaine!" Chuckling again.
    Haha, You guys have issues! Of course so do I... I guess thats why I like yall so much!

Well as predicted I didn't make it to the Magna event last night and didn't even get around to asking my friend to pick me up a couple so I'll wait on Doody to give this one a shot.
    My friend that went to the Casa Magna event said that it was a lot of fun. He got to visit with Manuel Quesada for 20-30 minutes and learn all about the smokes and how he got started and how he got hooked up with Nestor to make the Casa Magna. He also said they are a good smoke and I can't wait to give them a try. Once again Duty is the man!!! haha
    PuroFreak:
    My friend that went to the Casa Magna event said that it was a lot of fun. He got to visit with Manuel Quesada
    Did your friend ask him if he refers to his children as "the Quesadillas"?