Home General Discussion
Options

Calling all Front-Range Colorado Cigar Enthusiasts!

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Welll Gentelman, I know I'm a brany-new member but I would love to try to put together a cigar night in the next coming weeks and I think it would be a lot of fun to meet some local cigar enthusiasts as well! Kinda throwing around a Texas Hold-Em game with some scotch/whiskey and some fine smokes, any input is appreciated and I can PM my number to anyone who wants to join in and get something going. I'm in Longmont, but I think that anyone in the Boulder, Ft Collins, Greeley, Denver and Louisville area could get put together and get something going. Who knows, maybe we could turn it into a monthly get together if there is enough demand. Regardless, if you are in the Front-Range area hit me up and lets get this rolling! Thanks, Brett!
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    bump
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds like a fine idea brother. I wish us Nor Cal folks could do the same. I see a lot of So Cal herfs but not many in Nor Cal. Sounds like good times!
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Buddy......... I think you and I are the only ones in northern CO. I know of 1 other BOTL in Denver, pokerslob. I would love to meet up and burn one with you and i play a mean hand of poker. Let me know what night you want to do this and ill adjust my schedule. Im up In Greeley if you ever make it up this way.
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    90+ Irishman:
    Welll Gentelman, I know I'm a brany-new member but I would love to try to put together a cigar night in the next coming weeks and I think it would be a lot of fun to meet some local cigar enthusiasts as well! Kinda throwing around a Texas Hold-Em game with some scotch/whiskey and some fine smokes, any input is appreciated and I can PM my number to anyone who wants to join in and get something going. I'm in Longmont, but I think that anyone in the Boulder, Ft Collins, Greeley, Denver and Louisville area could get put together and get something going. Who knows, maybe we could turn it into a monthly get together if there is enough demand. Regardless, if you are in the Front-Range area hit me up and lets get this rolling! Thanks, Brett!
    Kinda OT but Im gona be in Denver when the Broncos play the Packers. Know of any Bronco friendly BnMs in the downtown area I could enjoy some cigars and watch the game at.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    Kinda OT but Im gona be in Denver when the Broncos play the Packers. Know of any Bronco friendly BnMs in the downtown area I could enjoy some cigars and watch the game at.
    I'll do a bit of digging and see what I can come up with. I know of one in Boulder that you could do that at, but not as familiar with Denver so give me a day and I'll see what I can find.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    I'll do a bit of digging and see what I can come up with. I know of one in Boulder that you could do that at, but not as familiar with Denver so give me a day and I'll see what I can find.
    Boulder isnt out of the question as we were thinkin about going there at some point anyway to visit the Avery brewery. Thanks a lot man I really appreciate you lookin around for me. I can always search places online but its not the same as 1st hand local information.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    Boulder isnt out of the question as we were thinkin about going there at some point anyway to visit the Avery brewery. Thanks a lot man I really appreciate you lookin around for me. I can always search places online but its not the same as 1st hand local information.
    So here is how I would present it to you, I haven't myself frequented any of the cigar bars or cigar friendly places in Denver myself, I do know of one place that I would not hesitate to point you towards regardless. One of the nicer hotels in Denver is the Brown Palace, its been around for forever and a day and has always had a great reputation. Turns out they have a cigar bar there themselves, and the following link that I have provided gives you some info on them: http://cigarplaces.com/place/churchill-bar-at-the-brown-plc.aspx In terms of places that I have personally been to and would recommend, two stand out to me. One is in Boulder, and is called Johnny's Cigar Bar off of 13th and Canyon in downtown Boulder. It is more of a bar atmosphere and serve higher end spirits and beer. They have a wonderful patio that sits back in a courtyard just off of the famous Pearl Street and gives a decent view and really nice coverage from the weather. There staff is friendly but I would NOT count on them to be truly knowledgeable and am not sold on their "experience" due to the fact that I see a lot of new faces in there frequently. If you know what you want their humidors are fairly well maintained and you generally get a good stick. In truth you are paying more for the atmosphere and the luxury than the cigar and its maintenance. If you are willing to make a twenty minute jaunt up the road to my hometown of Longmont however, you would be rewarded with two things... the most experienced and well maintained cigar lounge I have experienced, and IMO the best beer that Colorado has to offer, Lefthand Brewery. The cigar lounge is called Havana Manor, and the staff and owner are all true enthusiasts and boasts two walk in humidors that are extremely well maintained, and a number of lounges including a Rocky Patel sponsored lounge and a Camacho sponsored lounge, if that piques your interest. In terms of Lefthand Brewery, they have an outstanding tasting room that is more of a lounge and bar than a tasting room. It has two different patios and often has live music as well if it is on a weekend or Friday night. The following links are for Havana Manor and Lefthand Brewery respectively: http://www.havanamanor.com/index.php http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/ I work in Boulder and live in Longmont, so if you give me a week heads-up and are interested I could meet up with you and enjoy some fine spirits, cigars, and company. Hit me up via PM if you want to pursue that avenue, otherwise no harm done. Brett
  • Options
    PM sent firetruckguy
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    So here is how I would present it to you, I haven't myself frequented any of the cigar bars or cigar friendly places in Denver myself, I do know of one place that I would not hesitate to point you towards regardless. One of the nicer hotels in Denver is the Brown Palace, its been around for forever and a day and has always had a great reputation. Turns out they have a cigar bar there themselves, and the following link that I have provided gives you some info on them: http://cigarplaces.com/place/churchill-bar-at-the-brown-plc.aspx In terms of places that I have personally been to and would recommend, two stand out to me. One is in Boulder, and is called Johnny's Cigar Bar off of 13th and Canyon in downtown Boulder. It is more of a bar atmosphere and serve higher end spirits and beer. They have a wonderful patio that sits back in a courtyard just off of the famous Pearl Street and gives a decent view and really nice coverage from the weather. There staff is friendly but I would NOT count on them to be truly knowledgeable and am not sold on their "experience" due to the fact that I see a lot of new faces in there frequently. If you know what you want their humidors are fairly well maintained and you generally get a good stick. In truth you are paying more for the atmosphere and the luxury than the cigar and its maintenance. If you are willing to make a twenty minute jaunt up the road to my hometown of Longmont however, you would be rewarded with two things... the most experienced and well maintained cigar lounge I have experienced, and IMO the best beer that Colorado has to offer, Lefthand Brewery. The cigar lounge is called Havana Manor, and the staff and owner are all true enthusiasts and boasts two walk in humidors that are extremely well maintained, and a number of lounges including a Rocky Patel sponsored lounge and a Camacho sponsored lounge, if that piques your interest. In terms of Lefthand Brewery, they have an outstanding tasting room that is more of a lounge and bar than a tasting room. It has two different patios and often has live music as well if it is on a weekend or Friday night. The following links are for Havana Manor and Lefthand Brewery respectively: http://www.havanamanor.com/index.php http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/ I work in Boulder and live in Longmont, so if you give me a week heads-up and are interested I could meet up with you and enjoy some fine spirits, cigars, and company. Hit me up via PM if you want to pursue that avenue, otherwise no harm done. Brett
    Sounds good though my 1st priority is being able to watch the game Im a die hard Bronco fan.
  • Options
    If you wanna watch the game, either Havana Manor or Johnny's will be able to accommodate that. Hope the info helped. On a side note, very very excited about the new defensive line of the Bronco's. Von Miller and Dumervile are animals and looking to be one of the most excited duos in football this year!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do live in Denver my good sir. My best friend and I are opening a restaurant in Broomfield. We just signed the lease and will be open in 6 to 10 weeks. I will be selling cigars, and hope that we can see a few of you good people for a smoke and a cold beer. The location is on the corner of 128th and Lowell. Wish us luck!! BTW, anyone on the forum, gets the 1st cigar free.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    I do live in Denver my good sir. My best friend and I are opening a restaurant in Broomfield. We just signed the lease and will be open in 6 to 10 weeks. I will be selling cigars, and hope that we can see a few of you good people for a smoke and a cold beer. The location is on the corner of 128th and Lowell. Wish us luck!! BTW, anyone on the forum, gets the 1st cigar free.
    nice! Please let me know the addy when she opens up.
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Way cool! Keep us informed on the progress and my wife and I will certainly be there frequently! Sounds like a killer idea good luck! If you need an extra set of hands to help out give me a heads up and I can help out. Done lots of home remodeling and concrete flatwork too if that helps.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your new business venture.. What kind of restaurant is it ?
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Italian Steakhouse with traditional and non-traditional Chicago style bar food.
  • Options
    Gotta let us know as soon as you open, the wife and I will be there opening night to help fill the seats and get some atmosphere going! Hit me up if you need a set of hands for something, pretty decent at being slave labor heh -- Jarman P.S. Any picks of the construction progress???
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Italian Steakhouse with traditional and non-traditional Chicago style bar food.
    ..mmmm, my kind of food. Hope it goes into franchise !
  • Options
    Anyone else going to GABF next weekend? Would love to meet up with some ccom members. Im going to the thurs session then going to various breweries around denver/boulder all weekend. Also a herf while watching the Broncos vs packers would be perfect.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    If you wanna watch the game, either Havana Manor or Johnny's will be able to accommodate that. Hope the info helped. On a side note, very very excited about the new defensive line of the Bronco's. Von Miller and Dumervile are animals and looking to be one of the most excited duos in football this year!
    Our D was incredible today without Doom, champ. DJ and Marcus Thomas. Im pretty stoked on this team so far despite the tough loss today.
  • Options
    gaberox:
    Anyone else going to GABF next weekend? Would love to meet up with some ccom members. Im going to the thurs session then going to various breweries around denver/boulder all weekend. Also a herf while watching the Broncos vs packers would be perfect.
    Pardon my noob Q but, GABF? A herf is more than reasonable to setup, and I'm sure that I can find some killer spots to do that. PM me dates and cell numbers so I can organize this if you guys want me to do so. --Jarman
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    gaberox:
    Pardon my noob Q but, GABF? A herf is more than reasonable to setup, and I'm sure that I can find some killer spots to do that. PM me dates and cell numbers so I can organize this if you guys want me to do so. --Jarman
    Great American Beer Fest! The holy grail of beer geek heven, biggest festival of all! The best day for me to herf would be Sun 10-2 as long as its Bronco related lol.
  • Options
    I can certainly put together a herf for a week from today! Gimmie a town you wanna be in and I will do all the rest, while keeping in mind that the Broncos game is top priority for all of us! The 3 cities that come to fore-front would be Denver area, Boulder/Louisville area, and Longmont area. Any and all have wonderful options that I am aware of, and I can put something special together for that occasion. Last particular would be rough time frame, early afternoon (10:30-11:00), mid-day, or late afternoon to get together. Seeing as how the game is at 3:15, maybe a 2-2:30 meet time would be wise... --Jarman
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    I can certainly put together a herf for a week from today! Gimmie a town you wanna be in and I will do all the rest, while keeping in mind that the Broncos game is top priority for all of us! The 3 cities that come to fore-front would be Denver area, Boulder/Louisville area, and Longmont area. Any and all have wonderful options that I am aware of, and I can put something special together for that occasion. Last particular would be rough time frame, early afternoon (10:30-11:00), mid-day, or late afternoon to get together. Seeing as how the game is at 3:15, maybe a 2-2:30 meet time would be wise... --Jarman
    Sounds good will let you know about city. Stayin in Parker so probably denver or boulder. 1-2 pm sounds great just have to check with the people I will be with. Also being able to buy some cigars will be needed as I dont have a herfador to fly with cigars for the herf though maybe I can figure a way to do so.
  • Options
    Louisville is closer to Parker/Denver than Boulder, and there is a Primo cigar lounge that is one of the best stocked and maintained in Colorado IMO in that city as well, so I think that will be the meeting place. I will contact the owner/manager and make sure that we will have access to a HD Flatscreen for the game and pound out any details to make sure that this runs smoother than a baby's waxed ass... Be in touch tomorrow around 12pm MST to let you know of all the details and get a possible headcount if you have one by then, if not it isn't the end of the world by any means. Hope I can make this a hell of a Colorado experience for the brothers!!! --Jarman
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Louisville is closer to Parker/Denver than Boulder, and there is a Primo cigar lounge that is one of the best stocked and maintained in Colorado IMO in that city as well, so I think that will be the meeting place. I will contact the owner/manager and make sure that we will have access to a HD Flatscreen for the game and pound out any details to make sure that this runs smoother than a baby's waxed ass... Be in touch tomorrow around 12pm MST to let you know of all the details and get a possible headcount if you have one by then, if not it isn't the end of the world by any means. Hope I can make this a hell of a Colorado experience for the brothers!!! --Jarman
    Awesome! Only obstacle for me will be transportation but Im sure I can figure it out. Really stoked to get this goin, would be my 1st actual herf as I dont have any friends that are BOTLs aside from online friends.
  • Options
    I don't think transportation will be an issue, I'm more than willing to pick you and friends up if you want. I know Denver, Boulder, Louisville, Longmont etc inside and out so I can make it painless for you guys. I have a four seater car, so I can supply transportation for 3 people. I do need a contact number however so I can get in touch real time with you when we get this rolling. -- Jarman
  • Options
    PM me and Ill give you my digits..
  • Options
    gaberox:
    90+ Irishman:
    Awesome! Only obstacle for me will be transportation but Im sure I can figure it out. Really stoked to get this goin, would be my 1st actual herf as I dont have any friends that are BOTLs aside from online friends.
    FYI this will be my first "official" herf as well, so the excitement is mutual brother :)
  • Options
    What day are we talkin boys and ill join in.
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    What day are we talkin boys and ill join in.
    Love to hear that my brother, I was going to extend my personal invitation to you in person this Friday when we meet up anyways, you just beat me to the punch brother ;) The event is this coming Sunday (week from today) at 2pm in Louisville at the Havana Manor location there. (PS, worried it may seem like I'm plugging that lounge, but honestly I really am just that impressed with them, and regrettably I cannot host at my house for a few months) -- Jarman