Home Non Cigar Related

Photography Entusiast

Comments

• Two thumbs up on this thread! Will have to post some pics after work...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Holy **** I forgot about this thread lol
  • camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    I haven't posted anything here in a while. I'm doing my third year of college for Computer Programmer Analyst and it takes away from my photography!. I will graduate at the end of April, and I really hope to get some time behind the camera before a "job" steals me away.
    For now, here's a head shot of a pheasant that is not native to my area.....but I saw it crossing my yard.

• beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    He didn't seem to mind me so I snapped a few pics.
    camgfs:
    I haven't posted anything here in a while. I'm doing my third year of college for Computer Programmer Analyst and it takes away from my photography!. I will graduate at the end of April, and I really hope to get some time behind the camera before a "job" steals me away.
    For now, here's a head shot of a pheasant that is not native to my area.....but I saw it crossing my yard.

Bro that thing is wicked. Love his natural mullet. I'm rather jealous. He's business in the front and party in the back!!!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Love the pictures.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Western WashingtonUntitled
    Absolutely beautiful Rudy
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eerily blue sky this morning

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so beautiful. What does it mean? All the way... *sob*
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    ?

I don't get it.

at any rate:

I'm trying to figure out why the flowers showed up larger, and the rainbow pic was small.  I thought I did the same thing both times.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    edited January 2017
    Well, I didn't get quite that excited!  Just grabbed the camera, that's all.  :)

Made me think of When Harry met Sally,

I'll have what he's having!  :D

(which, I'm guessing, involves some sort of mushrooms.)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    ?

I don't get it.

at any rate:

I'm trying to figure out why the flowers showed up larger, and the rainbow pic was small.  I thought I did the same thing both times.
    I notice that large pictures will sometimes be scaled to display smaller on the forum, but if you click on them you get a full resolution picture.  I usually reduce the resolution of my photos before uploading so that they aren't scaled down and so that they load faster.  Your flower photo is actually larger, so it must be a weird scaling thing.  Some sites let you modify the HTML tags to specify an image width to be displayed, I've played with this on other sites but not this one so I'm not sure that it works.

Anyways, thanks for posting the great pix.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I didn't get quite that excited!  Just grabbed the camera, that's all.  :)

Made me think of When Harry met Sally,

I'll have what he's having!  :D

(which, I'm guessing, involves some sort of mushrooms.)
    I watched the video before reading your post, @Amos_Umwhat, and was about to paraphrase Harry & Sally but you beat me to it. Great minds run in the same rut, eh?

i think I want some of what that guy was smoking.....  :p
    also from the front porch

• Chalupa_BatmanChalupa_Batman Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    Love all the photos... I've been busy wth families and wedding photography the last few years... This thread makes me wanna get out and back to nature!  I'm about duefor a new lens... Maybe macro?!. I shoot a Canon 5d and 5d mark II.  
    edited January 2017
    next

edited January 2017
    here's one

• variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    My view from work yesterday, Frazier Peak above Milpitas at a communication site next to where they launch hang gliders.  Didn't get a picture from Morgan Hill today, another scenic site.  You can see the Alviso salt ponds in the background, the southern most reach of the Bay.  The area is known as Monument Peak.

Looks like a great place to light up a nice stick.
    Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Bump.

When light cuts through the smoke.  Sorry for the quality.
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata