Cigar Choice

13»

Comments

• Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    madurofan:
    gmill880:

madurofan:
    After i cut off that little more and got past the big crack she was EXCELLENT!

Same thing my best friend in high school used to say about his girlfriend !!!

AHAHAHAHA

Duty, I took your advice. I fired up the CAO Criollo and I'm celebrating tonight with the Virtuoso. I've got 10 gallons of gas be delivered to me and I'm out of here in the morning!
    Good luck Maddy!!! I'm routing for you man!!!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Thanks man!
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Wow, how long you been in that hotel room? So you really had nothing to do but smoke cigars and chat with us chuckleheads the whole time? You didn't take a dip in the pool or drink your face off or something?
  • Options
    I've been in the hotel since about 2 yesterday. I ventured out for an hour today to find gas and food but was unsuccessful at both. I drank my bottle of evan last night. I didn't know there was a pool in this hotel so no bathign suit, even if I had it the 5000 kids in the pool would have kept me out of it.

I've been complaining the whole day basically but I've been mostly joking. I went down to the lobby of the hotel to get my dinner(a hotpocket) and kinda talk to some people see how the situation was. The lobby is packed with family's who have no power at home. I found out that the only cell phone carrier that is working is Verizon(which I have). So not only are their no land lines there are no cell phones for the most part.

I sat in the lobby for quite some time while people borrowed my phone to call work or relatives to see how things were or to let them know that they were staying in a hotel that had power.

Some of these people have entire families in one hotel room. I mean grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins bc this is one of the only places with power and therefore heat. I've been complaining and kidding around all day and there are people who have had their houses burn down because the power line was ripped from the house. One lady who used my phone had every tree in her yard fall down, most of them in her house or on her car. Another person was telling us that her neighbors house caught on fire and they had to drive to the fire station to tell them it was burning down bc no phones worked.

I've never in my life seen anything like this. The hotel is busting at the gills and some people are just sitting in the lobby with their luggage bc they can't get a room and have no where to go. I told the people working here that I have a Verizon phone and internet card and anone who needs it is welcome to knock on my door. I've already had a few stop by to use the phone. Keep these people in your thoughts.
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    WOW!!! I hope to one day sit and smoke one with you, you sound like a class act.. Now march in there and tell these fams to suck it up and go home...My wife and I (both former Marines) spend close to 10 days without power due to an icestorm in Dec....of course we had to eat the dog and i ended up smoking the Christmas tree...but we're still here!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Atta go, maddy. Atta go.

These storms really can cause a lot of damage. I saw somebody suggesting that maybe a good way to spend a lot of that stimulus money would be to get all these power lines underground instead of on poles, so a winter storm doesn't wreak havoc like this.
  • Options
    cheyman:
    WOW!!! I hope to one day sit and smoke one with you, you sound like a class act.. Now march in there and tell these fams to suck it up and go home...My wife and I (both former Marines) spend close to 10 days without power due to an icestorm in Dec....of course we had to eat the dog and i ended up smoking the Christmas tree...but we're still here!
    Poor spot.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Atta go, maddy. Atta go.

These storms really can cause a lot of damage. I saw somebody suggesting that maybe a good way to spend a lot of that stimulus money would be to get all these power lines underground instead of on poles, so a winter storm doesn't wreak havoc like this.
    Would be like what FDR did with the dams all over this country. Would be a damn good idea but with our federal gov't today they would hire so many consultants and planning teams we'd be in the next depression before the work started.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    I've been in the hotel since about 2 yesterday. I ventured out for an hour today to find gas and food but was unsuccessful at both. I drank my bottle of evan last night. I didn't know there was a pool in this hotel so no bathign suit, even if I had it the 5000 kids in the pool would have kept me out of it.

I've been complaining the whole day basically but I've been mostly joking. I went down to the lobby of the hotel to get my dinner(a hotpocket) and kinda talk to some people see how the situation was. The lobby is packed with family's who have no power at home. I found out that the only cell phone carrier that is working is Verizon(which I have). So not only are their no land lines there are no cell phones for the most part.

I sat in the lobby for quite some time while people borrowed my phone to call work or relatives to see how things were or to let them know that they were staying in a hotel that had power.

Some of these people have entire families in one hotel room. I mean grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins bc this is one of the only places with power and therefore heat. I've been complaining and kidding around all day and there are people who have had their houses burn down because the power line was ripped from the house. One lady who used my phone had every tree in her yard fall down, most of them in her house or on her car. Another person was telling us that her neighbors house caught on fire and they had to drive to the fire station to tell them it was burning down bc no phones worked.

I've never in my life seen anything like this. The hotel is busting at the gills and some people are just sitting in the lobby with their luggage bc they can't get a room and have no where to go. I told the people working here that I have a Verizon phone and internet card and anone who needs it is welcome to knock on my door. I've already had a few stop by to use the phone. Keep these people in your thoughts.
    Just sit tight buddy. I think FEMA is on the way. And not only are they going to rescue you, I think you should demand they give you a brand new life.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Thanks, Maddy.. Now you got me worried about my family up in Paducah. Maybe you'll run into them at the hotel :) If you run into Ken and Mary Lou Bougher, tell them I said hello :)
  • Options
    So did you get out? Looks pretty bad
  • Options
    bigbillbigbill Posts: 28

hey boston is no better out of work since july

sick of ice  & snow

i would go for carlos torano virtuso

god  where the f---k spring !!!!

beware of red neck snowman !!!!!!

• Options
    HAHAHA Bill.

Well a guy I was working in Paducah brought me enough gas to get out of town today. I made it to St. Louis and got a hotel. Well being the cigar nut I am I immediately hit up rtda.org and found a B&M.

Well I drive about 20 minutes and keep driving back and forth in front of the spot that the GPS says is it. Its a gas station. Well after the 4th pass I notice a little sign in the window saying cigars. I thought immediately to myself, dammit its just a discount cigar place, it might have some Macs and other General cigar products. Well I ventured in anyways and holy crap am I ever glad I did. Sitting right inside the door is an older man smoking a big ol' churchill and unpacking boxes of tatuaje's and I mean BOXES. He had at least 15 boxes in front of him.

He says hello and asks me if I'm looking for any. I tell him I was just looking for a place to smoke a cigar. Well this guy is busting at the seams with pride in his shop. We immediately embark on a tour of this PACKED former gas station which still sells gas, cigarettes and sodas while functioning as a full blown B&M and cigar lounge couches, tables, soda machines walk in humidor the whole nine yards. Not only was there a walk in humidor about 10'x10' but approx. 12 cabinet humidors each with a very nice humidification system and digital hygrometers displaying a perfect 70%.

The mans **** retention would have made duty proud. Every cabinet humi is for a specific brand with each shelf being organized by the make of that particular brand. The Cigars of each make are aligned in size from left to right, largest left and progressively smaller to the right. Harold, the older gentleman, takes me to every case and we talk about the cigars. I'm quickly noticing he has cigars in the humidors that I've rarely or never seen in person. Ashton VSG enchantments, Cusano Killer Cameroons, Kristoffs, MB1's, MB3's, Oliva V maduros, every vitola of Nordings. He even has cigars that are supposed to be online only like the Indian Tabacs and Alec Bradley Maxx's. I'm pinching myself thanking this is a dream.

I can't help it but I'm picking up cigars at every damn cabinet. I grabbed a couple Cusano Killer Cameroons (I remember reading somewhere but can't verify right now that these haven't been made since 2000), a couple of the Ashton VSG enchantments, a couple of the ORIGINAL Oliva Master Blends(which he immediatley tell me the MB3's are better and grabs two and hands them to me. I pick up a couple of Nordings to smoke while I sit up there.

We walk up to the cash register, which is still the old gas station glass counter deal, to which he tells the girl behind the counter that the MB3's are a gift:)!!!!!!!!! By this time I've told him about my Paducah experience and we've been chatting for a half hour. Well I check all of that out for under $50 bucks! Then he takes me over and introduces me to the guys in the lunge area and he lets me know he's having a Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Sumatra event starting at 5(its 4 at this time).

Well I hang around for the event which turns ok a pretty good crowd, enjoyed great company, including the General Cigar rep, Harold and his Son-in-law who manges all three of their locations. The event serves beer, finger foods and includes a deal where you buy three Dark Sumatras you get two free.

Well after chatting with the General Rep and giving her a hard time about Macanudos, she insists I need to try a 1968 and I receive a FIFTH free cigar as she gives me a 1968.

I don't think its appropriate to post the specifics about this place on this forum but I will be calling him anytime I'm looking for something hard to come by. What an amazing place and a great guy. THis more than made up for my crappy past two days. Man I love the cigar culture, I meet the best people by popping my head into local B&Ms.
  • Options
    Wow, Maddy... sounds like your luck is turning around. Shoot me the info for that place in a PM. I may try to get over there when I'm in STL this spring.
  • Options
    Message sent.
  • Options
    Wow, your good cell phone karma certainly paid off fast.
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought about that urbs. I still swear when I wake up in the morning this whole past 3 days will be a dream.
  • Options
    I'll bet. I'd be that way all the time, anyway, if I traveled as much as you do.
  • Options
    Oh, and are you gonna have to make a return trip to do the work you couldn't do on this trip?
  • Options
    DOn't know yet. I was able to stand up the system and started training the admins. I think I can finish the admin training on webex. So hopefully I can avoid that god forsaken place.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

If you would be so kind Maddy please pm me that b&m info-thanks

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I hadn't even thought about that urbs. I still swear when I wake up in the morning this whole past 3 days will be a dream.
    Hey Maddy.. Urbi's right good deeds are returned three fold. Can you send me the shop name too, I'd like to check this one out.
  • Options
    Messages sent.