Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Skyrim Anyone?

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
A few weeks away is going to be the release of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and was wantin to see if any of you guys are as excited about it as I am....I'm some what of a gamer I guess you could say, so just wanted to get a picture of who here shares the same interest.....

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Heck yeah! Can't wait for this one.

• Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Heck yeah man! Its already paid for! :)
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    I cant wait for this one. I have been filling my time up with RAGEEEEEEEE.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man I haven't bought a game in so long , I still haven't finished fear2.
  • Options
    JSaint:
    how's rage? it looks bad a**....
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    JSaint:
    how's rage? it looks bad a**....
    Its pretty good just beat it...kinda confused. lol
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Waiting for D3 to hit next spring.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    You and 3m WoW players :P
    Playin Arkam City atm to pass the time till Skyrim drops
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    It is on my list. Probably will pick it up used sometime next year.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I was looking into this game my friend keeps talking about it. I cant wait untill D3 since i have kicked my wow addiction.......for now. God knows ill get d3 get halfway through it and start playing wow again.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    so I've heard of this game and saw the commercial for it... it looks pretty sweet, but I've never played any of the others... does that matter? can you just jump in and play the new one?
  • Options
    robbyras:
    so I've heard of this game and saw the commercial for it... it looks pretty sweet, but I've never played any of the others... does that matter? can you just jump in and play the new one?
    You can. They do intertwine with storylines but you can always go back and play them. Morrowind was very fun because there was no map to help you find your way. Oblivion added a huge amount of dungeon crawling. And hopefully Skyrim will blow them out of the water. I can not wait for tomorrow....well I can. My friend decided it would be a great day for a wedding....hes an ace-face! gah!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Hayblet:
    Marker:
    You and 3m WoW players :P
    Playin Arkam City atm to pass the time till Skyrim drops
    Played a bit of WoW. Mastered two trees of the same class then when Cata hit they screwed the class over completely by revamping the whole system. It used to take skill to play now you just let addons do it for you. I never liked addons and played almost naked base UI. When the game forced you to use the addons I was done.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    My plans for 11/11 involve work; my plans for 11/12 involve sitting in a cigar bar all day and playing this game; pre-loading it now :)

robbyras:
    Yup; just jump right in and enjoy. They all take place in the same 'world', but Every game has its own storyline, and you don't need to know anything about the others to fully enjoy it; the only mentions of the other games may be in books or such about previous heroes who rose up in times of trouble - not integral to the storyline at all, just kind of a wink to ppl who played the previous games.

• Options
    xmacro:
    My plans for 11/11 involve work; my plans for 11/12 involve sitting in a cigar bar all day and playing this game; pre-loading it now :)

robbyras:
    Yup; just jump right in and enjoy. They all take place in the same 'world', but Every game has its own storyline, and you don't need to know anything about the others to fully enjoy it; the only mentions of the other games may be in books or such about previous heroes who rose up in times of trouble - not integral to the storyline at all, just kind of a wink to ppl who played the previous games.

Very true...though I can say I have well over 200 hrs in Oblivion...that game was awesome, can't wait to see the upgrades in Skyrim...
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I can't wait for this game to come out.
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    xmacro:

robbyras:

Very true...though I can say I have well over 200 hrs in Oblivion...that game was awesome, can't wait to see the upgrades in Skyrim...
    I played the crap out of Morrowind and the two expansions (werewolf in Balmora = pure win), but I never played Oblivion.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    I can't wait for this one. The Elder Scrolls has been one of my favorites for a long time.
  • Options
    xmacro:
    CvilleE:
    xmacro:

robbyras:

I played the crap out of Morrowind and the two expansions (werewolf in Balmora = pure win), but I never played Oblivion.
    That's funny cause I've never played Morrowind....
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    My son has been talking about this game for over a month. He came home with it last night. He waited in line until midnight when they released it, and was home playing it within an hour.
    L play them a little at times for a distraction, but I am not that serious. The wife really get's into them however. It's more fun watching her play (and ***) then it is playing myself... really!
    I did enjoy Oblivion.
  • Options
    For anyone thinking of playing Skyrim, here's a few tips:

- Take a week or two vacation from your job
    - Tell your family that if they don't hear from you for the next week, you're not dead, you're just at the computer

Yes, this game is freakin' amazing :D It's not just an island, the game is a damn continent - you can't walk for 20 sec without stumbling upon a cave or dungeon or village to explore; the skill trees are amazing - not locked into anything, your character changes upon your whims or whatever you feel like using at the time. Tired of a sword? Take up magic - no penalties anymore for switching! Shouts are awesome, dragons are terrifying, fire streaming from your palms, burning everything in sight, never gets old, the crafting system is more in-depth - tan your leather, smelt your metal, refine your weaps - amazing. Just a freakin' amazing game that just never ends.

• Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I want it but my computer would not handle it....sigh....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking on downloading it here maybe next week or so. Looks friggin cool.
  • Options
    This game is amazing! Already 24 hours into it and it seems like I haven't even scratched the surface, of coarse I am the type of player that has to do every quest in the game.
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    This game is amazing! Already 24 hours into it and it seems like I haven't even scratched the surface, of coarse I am the type of player that has to do every quest in the game.
    Man I finally got a 4 hour window to pick it up from the store yesterday. Still unopened... Sad [:(]

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    Man I finally got a 4 hour window to pick it up from the store yesterday. Still unopened... Sad [:(]

You FAIL Stephen, I'm *** deep in this game, got it for the 360 and when I do my super build sometime next year I'm getting it for PC. Loved Marrowind, loved Oblivion (except going through 9 million Oblivion Gates). The thing I loive most about the past 3 Elderscrolls (though 2 has it's merits and no map for Marrowind made getting the Strat guide almost a must, I refer to it as "The Bible") is playing for some 200 hours+ and still not have progressed any where on the main questline. I think I finally completed Oblivion's main questline sometime after my accident with a level 45-ish character, and even then I still had Daderic shrines to visit and some side quests in the Shimmering Isles left.

Bethesda has redefined the FPS (or 3rd) rpg, now I just have to wait for Fallout 4. At least there will be tons of DLC for Skyrim to help pass the time (more or less the other characters I roll).
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    UPS is due to deliver it any time now...I keep jumping to the window everytime I hear a truck go by.
  • Options
    Note to everyone running this on Xbox. If you install the Game to your HD it is much faster than running it off the DVD. I noticed a lot of lag running it directly off the DVD. Oh and save often, the game locked up on me last night.
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    Note to everyone running this on Xbox. If you install the Game to your HD it is much faster than running it off the DVD. I noticed a lot of lag running it directly off the DVD. Oh and save often, the game locked up on me last night.
    I played for 7 hours straight and it was fast as crap. I was seriously impressed with he load times. Maybe it's just certain Xbox units I just got a new one this year and I've had no problems running it from disc.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is this a fantasy game? My wife bought a 360 for Christmas and was asking if I wanted it. I've always just been into first person shooters.