Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Skyrim Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    It's a Fantasy RPG/FPS game. Go ahead and take 2 weeks off work if you are going to play it. haha
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    Note to everyone running this on Xbox. If you install the Game to your HD it is much faster than running it off the DVD. I noticed a lot of lag running it directly off the DVD. Oh and save often, the game locked up on me last night.
    I played for 7 hours straight and it was fast as crap. I was seriously impressed with he load times. Maybe it's just certain Xbox units I just got a new one this year and I've had no problems running it from disc.

I have an older xbox. That may be the reason.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    djbeenie:
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    Note to everyone running this on Xbox. If you install the Game to your HD it is much faster than running it off the DVD. I noticed a lot of lag running it directly off the DVD. Oh and save often, the game locked up on me last night.
    I played for 7 hours straight and it was fast as crap. I was seriously impressed with he load times. Maybe it's just certain Xbox units I just got a new one this year and I've had no problems running it from disc.

I have an older xbox. That may be the reason.
    You know what though I think it was New Vegas that took down my last system. I was mid game and it locked up.
    It never read discs after that.

I jumped in my car and went to bestbuy at like 9:30.
    I know the workers were mad cause they were trying to close and here I am running around looking for a new xbox.

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    It looks to be a sweet game but im saving my playing time for the new SWTOR. I was a SWG player for 8 years so I hope this new one can fill that void in my gaming.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Rhamlin:
    So is this a fantasy game? My wife bought a 360 for Christmas and was asking if I wanted it. I've always just been into first person shooters.
    It's pretty much the ultimate RPG; you can play it FPS, or Third person; your choice (I like 3rd, just because you get more view and I can see enemies coming easier). Like others said, the game is massive. You can probably blow thru the main quest in about 40 hrs, but there's SO much to see, do, and so many side quests and characters, that you can easily get closer to 500 hrs - and that's just with one type of character.

Magic characters are played differently than Sneaks, which are played differently from Warriors - the best thing about Skyrim though . . . is that it's so open, that you don't need to choose.

Take my character - I started rolling magic, fire shooting from my palms, but got bored with it, so I took up a sword - now I've got magic in one hand, a sword in the other, and I cut through everything; no penalty for mixing and matching and no penalty for changing your mind mid-way through. I've been dabbling in some sneak moves lately for those sweet sweet backstabs

Slight spoiler - there are vampires and werewolves in Skyrim, and you can pick which you want; it's different from how they were done in Blood Moon :)

• Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    only complaint: someone hasn't done enough side quests for a FAQ/Walk-through yet
    Edit: mean side quests walk-through
    also I've yet to become a Vamp or a Were, not sure how to be a Were though
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    only complaint: someone hasn't done enough side quests for a FAQ/Walk-through yet
    I don't like to use walkthroughs with these types of games unless I am completely stuck. I think it takes away the fun out of the game and I get bored.

Oh I have just become a werewolf. Pretty interesting.
  • Options
    Dang my dude is so weak. Everytime I run across a troll I have to jump up on a rock and shoot it with arrows.

Luckily on my first quest I killed one of those zombie things that had 300+ arrows on him.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    Dang my dude is so weak. Everytime I run across a troll I have to jump up on a rock and shoot it with arrows.

Luckily on my first quest I killed one of those zombie things that had 300+ arrows on him.

HAHA I felt the same way trying to kill a Mammoth.
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    stephen_hannibal:

Thought I would try to take on a Giant at level 3...
    Never stood a chance.

• Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    stephen_hannibal:

Never stood a chance.

lol I tried a Giant and a Mammoth at the same time at level 7 and got pwnd, now @ 17 I'm itchin to find a giant at least
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    Hayblet:
    I don't like to use walkthroughs with these types of games unless I am completely stuck. I think it takes away the fun out of the game and I get bored.

Oh I have just become a werewolf. Pretty interesting.
    how did you become a Were? Also I'm super stuck on a quest where I need to turn these 4 things to a certain combo and after close to 25 tries I gave up
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    stephen_hannibal:

Never stood a chance.

lol I tried a Giant and a Mammoth at the same time at level 7 and got pwnd, now @ 17 I'm itchin to find a giant at least
    I tried to kill a Giant at lvl 1 lol. I was hit straight up into the air and was dead upon impact of his club haha. Now that Im level 21 I just cast a flame antioch and light them up with arrows.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Hayblet:
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    stephen_hannibal:

Never stood a chance.

I tried to kill a Giant at lvl 1 lol. I was hit straight up into the air and was dead upon impact of his club haha. Now that Im level 21 I just cast a flame antioch and light them up with arrows.
    Why as soon as I think it's game time does a dragon and a giant appear at the same time.
    I'm only level 7... *sigh*

• Options
    For those asking about the werewolf - Whiterun, you learn how to become one during one of your Companion guild quests

And how'd you guys get to lvl 17 so fast? I spent all 3 days of my Veterans day weekend in a cigar bar playing Skyrim and only got to lvl 11
  • Options
    training high skills helps, plus doin an ass of quests
  • Options
    Oh a tip to get your Smithing lvl to lvl 40 in 2 minuites is to visit Whiterun. Go to the Smither there and purchase all the leather strips and iron (note there is a second smither lady there outside the smithing shop which has more materials). Make iron daggers and literately in 2 minutes you will have lvl 40 smithing.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Really thinking about picking the game up this weekend.
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    Oh a tip to get your Smithing lvl to lvl 40 in 2 minuites is to visit Whiterun. Go to the Smither there and purchase all the leather strips and iron (note there is a second smither lady there outside the smithing shop which has more materials). Make iron daggers and literately in 2 minutes you will have lvl 40 smithing.
    I did that all day yesterday.
    Also found a cave where the loot keeps re-spawning so I just keep going back taking stuff and selling it.

• Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:
    Also found a cave where the loot keeps re-spawning so I just keep going back taking stuff and selling it.

Which cave?
  • Options
    Mephisto:
    stephen_hannibal:
    djbeenie:

Which cave?

Found a glitch to get all the money you want. But I am not going to do this. I am having fun playing the game as it is.
    Glitch
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFVwuu9XxCc&feature=player_embedded#!
  • Options
    Anyone know if Skyrim has the an NPC like the Morrowind Mudcrab that pays full retail for everything?
  • Options
    not that I have found yet =/ would be nice I have to keep selling and buying back crap I sell to get rid of stuff most of the time so in the end I lose money but get rid of all my junk
  • Options
    xmacro:
    For those asking about the werewolf - Whiterun, you learn how to become one during one of your Companion guild quests

And how'd you guys get to lvl 17 so fast? I spent all 3 days of my Veterans day weekend in a cigar bar playing Skyrim and only got to lvl 11
    Just turned!

• Options
    JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I've been living this game! Good to see we have some gamers around these parts.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    What system are you guys playing it on? I've heard there are some PS3 folks having problems with framerates and such.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibal:
    xmacro:

Just turned!

I rolled a second character last night and got him to 10 in less than 4 hours, tradeskills is the way to go yo edit: main is 24, blacksmithing is a super cheap and fast way to level up
  • Options
    GOT DAMN IT!!!!!
    Freaking Skyrim Glitched on me. Level 20 and I can't finish the Companions mission.

• Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I just found out that my wife is planning on buying me this for christmas. I'm excited.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    Just hit a wall with the Dark Brotherhood assassins at lvl 18; can't kill that asswipe in Volruund. Got the keys, but he just hits too damn hard to do anything and I can't find any place to find to hide and abuse my flame atronarch conjurations :(

My current build is a heavy armor one-handed warrior with summoning a flame atronarch for backup; this guys is just too much