Suggestions for my Humidor

2»

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    madurofan:
    You're correct in that he asked for a medium/full spicy stick but IME to trully get a spicy stick its almost always going to be closer to full.
    Now the reverse of this is not at all necessarily true. IME a spicy stick is usually full bodied but a full bodied stick is not necessarily spicy. The Camacho Triple Maduro immediately sticks out in my mind.
    Will have to add that to the list.. I'm not a huge fan of in-your-face spice. I didn't really get any spice out of the SC Sumatra. I found the SC Cuban Cabinet to be spicy and med/full (and a good cigar overall, especially for the price).
    The Triple Maduro while very full bodied is not in any way spicy, its very creamy and rich. Its almost nauseating to me, like drinking one of those gas station capuchinos(sp?) its so think and sweet.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    IMO spice can be many things. When I call a cigar spicy I'm usually referring to a black pepper like spice. When I say it has a little spice I could be referring to something spicy in a cinnamon like way or even just a soft little bite on the tip of the tongue. Both of these are very appealling to me. I think the SC Sumatra has a cinnamon like spice to it, not that it tastes like cinnamon but the sensation that you get from that kind of spice. Does that make sense?
    yup
  • Options
    NSIOpsNSIOps Posts: 18
    I went to the local B&M and to try a Don Pepin Garcia Blue but all they had was the torpedos. I read somewhere that the torpedos actually take out the pepper taste in them; is this true? Thats what I want a nice peppery smoke!
  • Options
    NSIOps:
    I went to the local B&M and to try a Don Pepin Garcia Blue but all they had was the torpedos. I read somewhere that the torpedos actually take out the pepper taste in them; is this true? Thats what I want a nice peppery smoke!
    I doubt it, but to be honest I haven't had a DPG Blue Torp that I remember.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    2) peppery and full?

camacho corojo. or SLR maduro.

any camacho.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    I've never found a Torpedo that loses it's pepper flavor
  • Options
    vankleekkw:
    I've never found a Torpedo that loses it's pepper flavor