Home Non Cigar Related

LSU/Bama for the BCS Championship...

BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
Just like it should be. The best 2 teams in the country play for the title. Who cares if it's a rematch. It's the way it should be.

That is all.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Go Bama!!!!!!!
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    I think your forgetting Harvard is also 9-1 just like all the other 1 loss teams. There schedule is almost like playing an SEC schedule right.....
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    LSU/Bama are the only Top 5 that didn't loose. I FREAKING LOVE IT!
    Looks like it will be SEC west 123 and then SEC east could get 2 in top 10 as well this week with SC and GA
  • BigT06:
    Just like it should be. The best 2 teams in the country play for the title. Who cares if it's a rematch. It's the way it should be.

That is all.
    We-LSU still have to get by Arkansas Friday and Georgia the next week, neither game will be easy.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Alabama? We already beat them. Went to Oxford last night. Talk about a town down and out!.
    beatnic:
    Alabama? We already beat them. Went to Oxford last night. Talk about a town down and out!.
    Beat them... No you escaped them. The correct way to say it would be we already Won against them lol. If they even had a decent kicker it would of been over. Bama was the better team that day just came up short in the end. I am in no way saying LSU isnt great just saying "Beat" is a strong word for that game. Just saying.... (PS I am a UGA fan so not really on either side of that fence)
    LOL! No sir, we beat them. Alabama might have a great defense, but LSU's offense was off, and their defense is far superior. Sorry! Of course, I can say this because LSU BEAT ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring em on, we'll do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    beatnic:
    LOL! No sir, we beat them. Alabama might have a great defense, but LSU's offense was off, and their defense is far superior. Sorry! Of course, I can say this because LSU BEAT ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring em on, we'll do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Come on even you have to admit of all the teams you could play thats the team you would least want to...
  • bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    Have to agree with BigT. Those are without a doubt the best two teams in the country. And, there's no way Bama doesn't take the rematch. They won't let it come down to kicking.
    The fact that I agree is immaterial. LMAO. LMAO. No, we would rather not face A again. Its' like the laws of physics, arguing with them gets you no where. However they may end up ranked, and whoever LSU might have to beat in the BCS Championship, it comes down to hormones. And LSU has Lesticles. GEAUXXXXXXXXXXXTIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

A guy can dream can't he....
    beatnic:
    Lesticles.
    Exactly. That is the reason I give it to LSU again.

although, if my Dawgs beat em, it would make my year!!
  • spokspok Posts: 35
    GEAUX!!
  • beatnic:
    The fact that I agree is immaterial. LMAO. LMAO. No, we would rather not face A again. Its' like the laws of physics, arguing with them gets you no where. However they may end up ranked, and whoever LSU might have to beat in the BCS Championship, it comes down to hormones. And LSU has Lesticles. GEAUXXXXXXXXXXXTIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Crazy part is that if we lose to Arkansas Friday which is now ranked #3 and Alabama wins against Georgia LSU won't even get a BCS Bowl even though we would likely be ranked #3 even with a loss. BCS only takes 2 from each conference so we would likely end up with the cotton bowl, this game Friday is once again a do or die game.
    TIGERFAN:
    beatnic:
    Crazy part is that if we lose to Arkansas Friday which is now ranked #3 and Alabama wins against Georgia LSU won't even get a BCS Bowl even though we would likely be ranked #3 even with a loss. BCS only takes 2 from each conference so we would likely end up with the cotton bowl, this game Friday is once again a do or die game.
    Bama doesn't play us (UGA)... but I understand what you're saying... the only thing I don't like about an LSU/Bama rematch is the fact that there will be 1 less bowl with an SEC representative...

like my brother Teege said, I am a UGA fan 1st, but come bowl season, I root for all SEC teams in whatever bowl they play in... I love seeing teams like Oregon loose to 2 dif SEC teams in back to back games like they did this year (and the end of last year)... it really shows the skill and athletic ability of the players in this part of the country. Not to mention the coaching... maybe OSU will play Arkansas and get smacked around (back to reality)! I will take the top 5 SEC teams (LSU, Bama, Ark, SC, UGA) in whatever bowls they play in this year (bcs or not)... but in the LSU/Bama rematch, I will be taking LSU again, but I think it will be a totallt dif game this go round, with BOTH teams showing much more/improved offence.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    yeah, looking forward to a 9-6 score on a lame defense battle for the natty. lame. do you think Bama will miss 2 more field goals or are they going to actually score a touchdown or two.
    dennisking:
    yeah, looking forward to a 9-6 score on a lame defense battle for the natty. lame. do you think Bama will miss 2 more field goals or are they going to actually score a touchdown or two.
    LSU defense has only allowed 5 touchdowns in the last 2 months.
    And awesome as that is its still not the best! Stats
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Roll Tigers
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    dennisking:
    yes, and if I remember, they allowed 4 in the game agains Oregon.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I would like to remind all of my SEC brothers that the season is not over yet and it has been one wacky year. It's not over until the final poll comes out and the line ups are in stone. Arkansas is not a team to be overlooked and who knows, Georgia may even get lucky still.
    I knew you'd bring that up. Yea, Oregon is pretty good. Fast too. Now they have to get bigger.
    As long as its SEC its good with me.
    Hey Teege. Next year you guys have to watch out for The Ole Ball Coach. He's getting a second wind.
    dennisking:
    beatnic:
    dennisking:
    yes, and if I remember, they allowed 4 in the game agains Oregon.
    yep.

On their way to beating them.

Oregon has one of the best offences in the country... and LSU out paced them. And LSU's defence was able to make enough plays on that amazing Oregon offence to keep LSU in the lead when the clock ran out. Oregon is a good team, but not big enough to play ball for 60 mins with a team like LSU or Bama. If you don't believe me, look at the outcome of the most recent games they've played against top SEC teams... not as bad as Ohio State's record against SEC (lol!) but the proof is in the facts.

bottom line... the only team in the country that COULD beat LSU is Bama... and the only team in the country that COULD beat Bama is LSU. And the next best thing... is ANOTHER SEC team, Arkansas.

a defensive showdown may not be as exciting to watch as a shootout (for some people)... but finding the best team in the country isn't about making hilite reels... it's about playing football.

keep in mind that I'm a UGA fan. But I am smart enough to see that LSU is a better football team this year than we are, so I am going to be rooting (hard!) for a team that I'm pretty sure is going to loose... the only thing that makes me feel better about that is the fact that the team that's prob gonna beat us is also capable of beating every other team in the NCAA.

LSU has to play Ark and UGA before this season's out... as tough as their schedule has been all year, if they make it through the next 2 games, it's not gonna matter who you put in front of them. They are going to be so fired up they will be unstoppable.

this is ALL my opinion here, so just take it for what you will.
  • fla-gypsy:
    I would like to remind all of my SEC brothers that the season is not over yet and it has been one wacky year. It's not over until the final poll comes out and the line ups are in stone. Arkansas is not a team to be overlooked and who knows, Georgia may even get lucky still.
    Arkansas has a great offense and their #3 ranking shows that, it's do or die for the Tigers and this may be a fight till the final whistle blows.
  • beatnic:
    dennisking:
    Knowing Sabin those kickers walked around all week with his shoes still firmly planted up their #%*
    beatnic:
    Hey Teege. Next year you guys have to watch out for The Ole Ball Coach. He's getting a second wind.
    Next year what are you talking about he got us this year!
    One step closer... LSU is officially in beast mode.