Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

Comments

• Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    thehilk:
    I got an email from Sean Lamb a few weeks ago and I pulled the trigger. Do you want to pull a trade?
    nah i am good hilk. was just wondering if anyone had heard of them. I generally enjoy the EPC stuff and this one snuck up on me and when i did a search only the 2011 stuff was coming up.

ill revisit this when i get a little more cash.
    this is what makes this place the best
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    thehilk:
    man, don't do that. honestly i should have known better, i thought the daily deal thread was a safe haven.
  • Options
    thehilkthehilk Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    thehilk:
    man, don't do that. honestly i should have known better, i thought the daily deal thread was a safe haven.
    Safe Haven... that is a good one! There is no such thing on this site. I took advantage of the deal and have plenty it would be my pleasure to share a couple with you! Just between friends!
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I just fell in love with Undercrowns and they throw this daily deal down. :)

$50 seems steep for 10, but I've never bought any DE's before. Should I jump on this deal, undercrown fans? Any standout issues? Vitola too big? Help a brother out.
    The one I had was a torpedo from Bob Luken ;)
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I do enjoy the Undercrown on occasion, I'd prefer a smaller rg. I get the corona viva which is a 46. $5 a stick will probably be the cheapest you'll see, unless you get a whole box from the devil site.
  • Options
    Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I just fell in love with Undercrowns and they throw this daily deal down. :)

$50 seems steep for 10, but I've never bought any DE's before. Should I jump on this deal, undercrown fans? Any standout issues? Vitola too big? Help a brother out.
    The one I had was a torpedo from Bob Luken ;)
    I approve this message. Do It.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    While I do enjoy the Undercrown on occasion, I'd prefer a smaller rg. I get the corona viva which is a 46. $5 a stick will probably be the cheapest you'll see, unless you get a whole box from the devil site.
    This. Pretty good price for 10. And, while I like Undercrown, this isn't really a smoke I age. I prefer them pretty fresh. I don't smoke enough to go through 10 when there's so many other cigars to try.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    I really would prefer a smaller RG, but I have some humi space and had to pull the trigger. (Plus I trust CharlieHeis implicitly hahaah)

However, it feels weird buying something from Swisher and not filling it with weed. . .lol Thanks for the advice fellas! And thanks a lot to Bob for getting me hooked! &$^!%

Murfreesboro . . .
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    I really would prefer a smaller RG, but I have some humi space and had to pull the trigger. (Plus I trust CharlieHeis implicitly hahaah)

However, it feels weird buying something from Swisher and not filling it with weed. . .lol Thanks for the advice fellas! And thanks a lot to Bob for getting me hooked! &$^!%

Murfreesboro . . .
    You're welcome &$^!%!,..... just stop whining about the RG and buy 'em LOL. I just took a look at ccom's offerings of Undercrown and they only have one RG smaller than 52, so unless there are extra vitolas out there in Cigarland that I don't know of,....well, just be glad they aren't offering the Gordito.

P.S. I'm pretty sure I sent you a Belicoso which was a 52. Today's deal is Gran Toro (52). So, at least it isn't any bigger.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:

Murfreesboro . . .
    FWIW i've had burn/construction issues with a few of the UC coronas before.

Never had a problem with the toros/torps though.

Your mileage may vary but my $0.02 --- the Undercrown is 1 of a few brands that I intentionally avoid the smaller RGs based on past construction problems.

And yes that's a pretty darn good price for them

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Alright now, don't get sassy Bobster . . . I'll send you a fat lip.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    Alright now, don't get sassy Bobster . . . I'll send you a fat lip.
    Fat Lip? Dang if that ain't a great name for a cigar. 60 to 70 RG only of course ;)
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking Monk sampler today. I might have to give these a try.
  • Options
    CharlieHeis:
    Dang it; I just spent my $25 gift card and took my wife shopping over the weekend so I can't really afford this. Oh well, I'd like to try, but I've lost some interest in DE stuff lately, so I'll be okay.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    I saw this post andpulled the trigger!!great price free shipping and birthday code saved an extra 10%. thank you Charlie for bringing this to my attention.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Varina Farms Breakfast Blend...keep telling myself I need to try them, but when I actually have money I buy stuff I know I'll like. Whatchu guys think about em? Dime a dozen conny or better?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Varina Farms Breakfast Blend...keep telling myself I need to try them, but when I actually have money I buy stuff I know I'll like. Whatchu guys think about em? Dime a dozen conny or better?

Kind of like smoking air in my opinion.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I have one I'll send you to try
  • Options
    Rain:
    They must be good, because they're on the DD two days in a row.image
  • Options
    Rain:
    Rain:
    They must be good, because they're on the DD two days in a row.image
    They must be trying to get rid of them, you mean.

Not that I'm trying to say they're bad. Haven't tried them but have been considering trying them.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got about a dozen of the Breakfast Blend Churchills; during a few orders, they asked if I wanted to add a 5'er, and after trying one from a sampler, I jumped on the up-sell offers.  They're pretty good, as long as you take into consideration it's a mild blend.  Plenty of creamy vanilla and slight cedar, with a nice nuttiness as the smoke progresses.  A great morning cigar!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc:
    I've got about a dozen of the Breakfast Blend Churchills; during a few orders, they asked if I wanted to add a 5'er, and after trying one from a sampler, I jumped on the up-sell offers.  They're pretty good, as long as you take into consideration it's a mild blend.  Plenty of creamy vanilla and slight cedar, with a nice nuttiness as the smoke progresses.  A great morning cigar!

Well, good afternoon, Peter. Glad to see you decided to join the crazies here at the asylum. Let me be the first to welcome you and suggest that you read the two threads I just bumped to the forefront for ya. Since you've been lurking for a while you've probably already read them but, at a minimum, I'd suggest you post a brief introduction so folks know who you are.

They're the Newbie Welcoming Thread and the Things Newbies should know thread.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc:
    Welcome peter. I agree. The sizes are a little big for a morning smoke ( I usually like a quicker smoke in the morning, if I have one). It's a solid mild blend though. I'd grab a few if they were on sale.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    How do you guys feel about the room 101 San Andreas 808s? Iv been thinking about trying one, but this deal doesn't seem too bad.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crousefer:
    How do you guys feel about the room 101 San Andreas 808s? Iv been thinking about trying one, but this deal doesn't seem too bad.
    Love those, the Room 101 stuff is great and the SA is very rich and chewy. Not the prettiest but that's due to the wrapper being the Mexican SA which is notorious for being very flavorful but a bit rough looking. Jump on it if you want to and can, great smokes.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Crousefer:
    Love those, the Room 101 stuff is great and the SA is very rich and chewy. Not the prettiest but that's due to the wrapper being the Mexican SA which is notorious for being very flavorful but a bit rough looking. Jump on it if you want to and can, great smokes.
    ah duck it. Couldn't resist you convinced me! Looking forward to these :) got a Addy btw? ;)
  • Options
    Dang, new guy is jumping in!
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    If be all over it if they weren't 6x60