RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to split the JDN with me?
  • Options
    raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    JdN...Bought!
    You had these, drew? Any good?

I have. One came in the C.com "Best oif 2013" sampler. I'm a huge fan of the JdN Antonos, but the Fuerte just didn't do it for me. Strong, but not complex, spicey or particularly flavorful the way the Antonos are.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Anyone want to split the JDN with me?
    PM Rain
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: La Perla Habana Grand Pearl. People seem to like the Black Pearl, but are these pretty good too? I did a quick search and it sounds mostly positive. I think I'm going to get them unless somebody really advises against it.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Re: La Perla Habana Grand Pearl. People seem to like the Black Pearl, but are these pretty good too? I did a quick search and it sounds mostly positive. I think I'm going to get them unless somebody really advises against it.
    I have been eying these since they came out. Love a good connie and never had an LPH let me down before. But for the MSRP there was no way I'd buy them. DD is a good price IMO, I'm not big on this size though, and I'm a sucker for cigars that come in tins.

All the comments and feedback I remember seeing was "they're decent smokes for the $3-4 range, but no where near full asking price."

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    I looked at this today or early morning hours and about fell over. Took a screen shot and calling when ccom opens to have them honor the deal. If your wanting this dealio, best be doing the same cause they might ask for it...Ill update later this afternoon with my finding.
    yup... nothing quite like **** the guys that go out of their way to get deals for people on the forum.
    well said

+1
  • Options
    jgibv:
    CharlieHeis:
    I have been eying these since they came out. Love a good connie and never had an LPH let me down before. But for the MSRP there was no way I'd buy them. DD is a good price IMO, I'm not big on this size though, and I'm a sucker for cigars that come in tins.

All the comments and feedback I remember seeing was "they're decent smokes for the $3-4 range, but no where near full asking price."

Thanks John
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    In case you haven't checked...

FTW!!!

Actually, I want to try the other two and the Armada corona is a helluva good cigar. Don't think I'd buy 10 of the Room 101 San Andres without trying a couple first, but I'd shell out for a fiver of a cigar to try, like the new CAO. Dropping less than $6.50 on an Armada Corona, though? Well, I've had singles for less out of samplers...but have to wade through some sticks I don't want when I do...dang my little paycheck on the 15th.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    In case you haven't checked...

FTW!!!

Actually, I want to try the other two and the Armada corona is a helluva good cigar. Don't think I'd buy 10 of the Room 101 San Andres without trying a couple first, but I'd shell out for a fiver of a cigar to try, like the new CAO. Dropping less than $6.50 on an Armada Corona, though? Well, I've had singles for less out of samplers...but have to wade through some sticks I don't want when I do...dang my little paycheck on the 15th.
    PM to you
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    No kidding. I'm so tempted to swing on the DD for the Armadas and pick up the 3x3 Davidoffs but I know I shouldn't. What to do, what to do?
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    No kidding. I'm so tempted to swing on the DD for the Armadas and pick up the 3x3 Davidoffs but I know I shouldn't. What to do, what to do?

Do it Wayne. Those 3 x 3's are awesome too
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    wwhwang:

Do it Wayne. Those 3 x 3's are awesome too

Bought a load of Armada coronas a few years ago, very good smoke and they seem to be aging nicely. Just sayin.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    The Platinum offering today is a ridiculously good price. The Zinos alone are worth the price since they are $15 sticks normally. Haven't had the Rocky, but as essentially free throw-ins, you can't go wrong.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    The Platinum offering today is a ridiculously good price. The Zinos alone are worth the price since they are $15 sticks normally. Haven't had the Rocky, but as essentially free throw-ins, you can't go wrong.
    Thanks for the Heads Up
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Was wondering about the zinos. Thanks!
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    I'm a big fan, but I also really like most Kelner sticks. So take the advice with that caveat.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    I'm a big fan, but I also really like most Kelner sticks. So take the advice with that caveat.
    Smoking an avo right now ;) I love his stuff... prob cant hop on the deal today but I may ask andy about it later.... those RP's dont sound bad at all. I dont usually seek out rocky but he puts out some good cigars.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    AVO Maduro 10 for 39.99 sounds like a pretty good deal
  • Options
    Ruination corona FTW
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Ruination corona FTW
    Of course it is...I just got put back on restriction.
  • Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    CharlieHeis:
    Ruination corona FTW
    of course you are....you probably got off restriction and went full out, hard, balls to the walls and ordered a bunch of *** didn't you? We talked about this on vherf, you need to ease into it.....just order a 5er....something small and nice and easy to start out and get her used to the groove again.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something like a thumb?
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Something like a thumb?
    LMAO, you used more than a thumb on me!!! No lube either!
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    ddubridge:
    CharlieHeis:
    Ruination corona FTW
    of course you are....you probably got off restriction and went full out, hard, balls to the walls and ordered a bunch of *** didn't you? We talked about this on vherf, you need to ease into it.....just order a 5er....something small and nice and easy to start out and get her used to the groove again.
    Box split with Shizz, Box from the Tim B deal...I went a little over board.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Crap, I couldn't jump on Tim's deal, and I can't jump on the Melanio's on today's deal. I only have two left! The fiver is calling out my name.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damnit, you made me look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahia Matanzas?
    Anyone have any input on these?
    They sound pretty good.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Bahia Matanzas?
    Anyone have any input on these?
    They sound pretty good.
    They're pretty good. Reminded me of Torano Virtuoso.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro..........if only I had money.
  • Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Man O' War Puro Authentico Maduro..........if only I had money.
    If only they were the Habano. I would be all over it. The maduro are good, but I still like the original. Plus, have a box of the maduro from a good buy a few months back.