Home General Discussion

My New Humidor + Inventory Pics!

My parents had a replica antique ice chest that they weren't using and were willing to give up; so I took advantage of that, ordered some kiln dried spanish cedar-3/8"(roughly $250 for 40sq/ft), and made myself a humidor! The inside dimensions are 32"tall, 19"wide, and 17"deep, here are the progress shots throughout today...

I made 3 trays: 12"wide, 3"high, and 8"deep. They will hold around 35-40 cigars a piece and the complete cabinet will hold around 750-900 cigars.

Here are the pictures of the before and after collection with some reorganization

before, cooler and Versailles image

Versailles open image

48qt cooler image

The 4-12x8x3 trays image

The 5-9x9x2 trays image

MF Flight Sampler image

Ave Maria Recons image

MOW PAs image

1844 #50 and MOW Figurados image

V-Maddys from every year(2-08, 2-09, 2-10, and 4-11 image

Jaime/DPG try plus others image

Variety tray image

AB 97s, Virtues, and Italias image

Variety box image

The AJ tray image

Corona and Olivia tray image

OOOs and Variety tray image

AF and Olivia tray image

Premiums #1 image

Premiums #2 (+3 more Armada Toros I got tonight, not pictured) image

Premium #3 image

CC/ISO image

CC/ISO & Premium tray image

Premium Tray image

Top section, still room for 2 trays plus tray reorganization and bead box image

Bottom boxes and Premium trays about 1/2 full depth wise plus 1/2 full height wise image

There she is, enjoy!

Comments

• greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Great Job, Shaun. Keep the pictures coming......
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    greg2648:
    x2
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Looking great dude.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Nice handiwork... Next step Fill 'er up !
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Looks awesome. I can't wait to see the filled humi pics.

Rob
  • That looks awesome. You're doing a killer job with that.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    Great job, looks good. I'm not that talented.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Love it. Great job so far.
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Looks great! I have a question. Are you using glue? And if so what kind?
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    lcpleel:
    Looks great! I have a question. Are you using glue? And if so what kind?
    I just used hot glue and a few screws(4-on the middle part to hold the shelf, 8nails-on the doors to hold the cedar on, and 8-on the middle shelf for the reinforcement pieces)
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow this looks great, great job. More pictures and now I want to see it stocked.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    greg2648:
    x2
    +3 this is an amazing piece of art....look forward to seeing it with your sticks added....nice work bro!
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    nicely done. congrats
  • JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Looks good shaun
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    That is F'n sweet! Thats a project I would like to tackle. That would go perfect in my house! Congrats! Keep us posted. Would love to know how it works after seasoned. Good luck with it!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Amazing job man, thanks for posting.
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Nicely done, would like to see the finished product and stocked.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's a really incredible piece, good thinking on the conversion!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That thing is gonna look great when it's stocked brother. Be sure and add some after shots. I've been browsing for something like that myself , great job let us know how it does.
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I think you've got a great idea here. Have you thought of building a base for it, or making some legs for it so you don't have to bend over when getting to the bottom?
    JDH:
    I think you've got a great idea here. Have you thought of building a base for it, or making some legs for it so you don't have to bend over when getting to the bottom?
    The thought has crossed my mind, but being 6'4 and this being 40" tall it is about perfect height...maybe it could be 5-8" taller, but this gives me a nice visibility downward. Possibly a foot pedestal(like on a washer/dryer) would be my solution...make it out of wood and store my accessories down there...hmm, we might be onto something!
  • JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    JDH:
    The thought has crossed my mind, but being 6'4 and this being 40" tall it is about perfect height...maybe it could be 5-8" taller, but this gives me a nice visibility downward. Possibly a foot pedestal(like on a washer/dryer) would be my solution...make it out of wood and store my accessories down there...hmm, we might be onto something!
    I'd consider a simple base out of 1" x 4" or 1" x 6" oak stock and put a 2" or 3" felt lined drawer on top of that, and place your cabinet on top of the drawer.
    I just got the camera ready and will be moving the inventory tonight, pictures to follow!!!
    Pics have been uploaded!
  • TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    My parents had a replica antique ice chest that they weren't using and were willing to give up; so I took advantage of that, ordered some kiln dried spanish cedar-3/8"(roughly $250 for 40sq/ft), and made myself a humidor! The inside dimensions are 32"tall, 19"wide, and 17"deep, here are the progress shots throughout today...

I made 3 trays: 12"wide, 3"high, and 8"deep. They will hold around 35-40 cigars a piece and the complete cabinet will hold around 750-900 cigars.

Here are the pictures of the before and after collection with some reorganization

before, cooler and Versailles image

Versailles open image

48qt cooler image

The 4-12x8x3 trays image

The 5-9x9x2 trays image

MF Flight Sampler image

Ave Maria Recons image

MOW PAs image

1844 #50 and MOW Figurados image

V-Maddys from every year(2-08, 2-09, 2-10, and 4-11 image

Jaime/DPG try plus others image

Variety tray image

AB 97s, Virtues, and Italias image

Variety box image

The AJ tray image

Corona and Olivia tray image

OOOs and Variety tray image

AF and Olivia tray image

Premiums #1 image

Premiums #2 (+3 more Armada Toros I got tonight, not pictured) image

Premium #3 image

CC/ISO image

CC/ISO & Premium tray image

Premium Tray image

Top section, still room for 2 trays plus tray reorganization and bead box image

Bottom boxes and Premium trays about 1/2 full depth wise plus 1/2 full height wise image

There she is, enjoy!
    I think I may need to go change pants now thanks! Seriously that is amazing!

(i only quoted so it would be on first page for people who look at newest first.)
  • chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Very nice. I was drooling over the m80 and greycliff emerald to name a few I'm sure I will never have the pleasure of seeing in person. After seeing full cigar boxes in there I finally realized how big this monster actually was, I wish I had space like that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Shaun, that is beautiful to see. It's great seeing the before and after pics. It's really cool seeing someone build something of this nature. How's she holding the temps/humidity?
  • spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Very nice Shaun...How long did you have to season it to stablize all that cedar???
    james40:
    Shaun, that is beautiful to see. It's great seeing the before and after pics. It's really cool seeing someone build something of this nature. How's she holding the temps/humidity?
    Currently holding at 67deg and 63%, about right where I want it...will monitor it the next few days and make sure everything is staying consistent. I have a Hydra I am waiting to get a power cord for and then I will be hooking that up and a fan kit asap to go along with the 1lb of beads
    spindrift:
    Very nice Shaun...How long did you have to season it to stablize all that cedar???
    About 3 days give or take...some of it was "preseasoned" from my old humi so it caught on pretty quick