Home General Discussion
Options

Music during "Burn Time"?

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    stay away from fox news!!!!
    ... as long as you stay away from MSNBC.

HA!
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    At the moment I am listening to Clapton/Cale while I read this link 'bout Vista and the world reports.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I usually watch the news or "Deadwood" dvds while smoking. With the patio door open, I have a perfect view.

That's during the non-summer. In the summer, I'll usually read or listen to an audiobook. When it's music, it's usually on shuffle.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    I usually watch the news or "Deadwood" dvds while smoking. With the patio door open, I have a perfect view.

That's during the non-summer. In the summer, I'll usually read or listen to an audiobook. When it's music, it's usually on shuffle.
    Oh, watching Deadwood while have a cigar and some whiskey would just about be sublime. I'll have to try that. That's a show that would pair nicely with any good cigar.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    urbino:

Deadwood... I still have a few of those to get through... :)
  • Options
    Luko:
    urbino:

Oh, watching Deadwood while have a cigar and some whiskey would just about be sublime. I'll have to try that. That's a show that would pair nicely with any good cigar.
    Yeppers.
  • Options
    I do enjoy watching The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly while smoking, havent ever seen Deadwood, IVe been thinking along the lines of any good Western maybe a good mob movie
  • Options
    oh, that reminds me that I did enjoy a cigar once while watching my all-time favorite western - The Outlaw Josey Wales. Dying ain't much of a living.
  • Options
    I reckon I'm right popular.
  • Options
    Dear Mr Fanatsy playing now, great tune
  • Options
    It just occurred to me, Luko, that that segment of Josey Wales where he's in town -- the one where the snake oil salesman recognizes him -- has a very similar feel to Deadwood.
  • Options
    When I get to liking someone, they aint' around long.
  • Options
    urbino:
    It just occurred to me, Luko, that that segment of Josey Wales where he's in town -- the one where the snake oil salesman recognizes him -- has a very similar feel to Deadwood.
    Yeah, you're not kidding...makes you wonder what westerns Milch took inspiration from. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Why Johnny Ringo you look like someone just walked over your grave ...
  • Options
    He's down by the creek, walkin' on water.
    Luko:
    Yeah, you're not kidding...makes you wonder what westerns Milch took inspiration from. I wouldn't be surprised if this is one.
    Very well could be. He certainly didn't draw anything from traditional westerns.

Oh, and: I notice when you get to not liking someone, they ain't around long, neither.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

urbino:
    He's down by the creek, walkin' on water.
    Luko:
    Very well could be. He certainly didn't draw anything from traditional westerns.

Oh, and: I notice when you get to not liking someone, they ain't around long, neither.

Poor thing ...just couldn't bear the strain

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    mustluvcigars:
    Dear Mr Fanatsy playing now, great tune
    GREAT TUNE!
  • Options
    Henry1Henry1 Posts: 20
    I recently got rolling stone magazines top 500 tracks, so have been listening to that. wouldn't agree with the order they put them in but it's got some great stuff on it.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Henry1:
    I recently got rolling stone magazines top 500 tracks, so have been listening to that. wouldn't agree with the order they put them in but it's got some great stuff on it.
    That sound like a fine collection to own.. I will have to check it out.
  • Options
    Note to my fellow fans: The Outlaw Josey Wales is on the History Channel right this very minute.
  • Options
    just heard the Hearts of Space program for the first time ever last night. Their motto "slow music for fast times". any one interested should check their website hos.com, I think is great wanted to share it with yall
    BTW can someone tell me how to highlight the links on here?
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    hos.com? LOL.... they be pimpin' dem ho's?
  • Options
    yeah, lots of ho's, check em out lol
  • Options
    cheymancheyman Posts: 157
    I'm currently listening to Ann Coulter read "Guilty." Rock & Roll MOFO
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    I use my Blackberry and listen to an all blues station but also love anything with some funk. It's so nice to have a pocket radio everywhere I go but I'm a music fanatic. Anyone on here have Pandora Radio? You can get it on your computer as well check it out! 100% FREE - and no I don't work for them just love the concept.

www.Pandora.com

But one of my all time favorites is William DeVaughn - Be Thankful for what You Got. Summer time, windows down, just cruisin
    Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riyKNSboA1A

More funky goodness
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUH4zPdpbug

A not so well known UK band that literally had a cult like following over there before breaking up - very unique sound.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s5xnh6t-wE

One more link for the Melon Heads! (it starts around the 1 min. mark) and I'll stop my post with this one as I realize I'm going a bit overboard.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z4emJw-MXg&feature=related
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I love Pandora.com, I kinda wish there was something that I could throw in my car that was like Pandora.
  • Options
    0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Posts: 188
    gotta get that blackberry, then you can hook it up just like an ipod
  • Options
    jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    I mostly just listen to the birds chirp on the back porch, but if it's music it's usually mellow: Sting, DMB, Duke Ellington, early Sarah McLachlan, Eagles, albums like "Jar of Flies," etc...
  • Options
    adamkhaliladamkhalil Posts: 80
    gmill880:

I don't wanna work.......just want ta bang on my burro all day .....

They need a remix: "I don't want to work, i just wanna puff on my stick all day"

I mostly watch tv when i smoke, but if i'm not the country's playing!
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Haha... let's see. I like listening to Johnny Cash, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Waylon Jennings, Marty Robbins... I guess that just goes with cigars to me.