Home Cigar 101

Sea Salt

2»

Comments

• VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Just to close the door on the original question of this topic -

Sea salt does infact deliquesce to form a 75ish RH solution in a small closed container just as pure NaCl, the composition is somewhat different, but not different enough to have a meaningful effect.

Fun science -

If you wanted, instead of the salt test...you could do the..calcium chloride test. Same idea, except your hygrometer should read 33% RH. Or....the Sodium Bromide test. Your hygrometer should read 61% RH. And actually..you know what...morton lite salt i think uses some potassium chloride in it in combination with standard NaCl, so..depending on how much they use in there as a percentage of whole, i would expect that salt to give an salt test RH of probably around 80%.

Because i know these are fun things you would want to do immediately.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    urbino:
    Did you just call me a basturd?

Never crossed my mind 'Bino....your a cool cat and a bad motor scooter in my books...
  • jon00jon:

kuzi16:
    urbino:
    Just make sure you adjust for elevation. Sea salt will give you what would be 75% at sea level.
    i wonder what kosher salt would give you then....

Nothing,, LOL

I dont think they got it!! LMFAO
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    gmill880:
    urbino:
    Did you just call me a basturd?

Never crossed my mind 'Bino....your a cool cat and a bad motor scooter in my books...
    Just a wee joke, gm. You, too, are a two-wheeled motor vehicle of poor quality.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    ROFL!