Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

As Much as I hate to... (closed)

HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
In order to get on with my life I believe I need to sell off most of my "collection" now the part I'm not sure about is either doing "grab bags" or individually listing the 500+ some odd smokes I own, so want some opinions before dedicating my time to either or.

Comments

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    I'm sorry to hear that bud, I would say to do grab bags but give examples of what they would be so BotL would know where their money is going
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Could do it in increments of like $25 or $50 dollars for the more common good sticks and then WOW bags for the hard to find more rare stuff..or something like that.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    You would sell them faster if you called them 'Fun Bags'. Just sayin.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong I wish I could say every bag would have an Opus in it or something along those lines... sadly I don't have 100% super premiums, I will however do my best to do say 10 stick bags (just random thought) and do my best to make sure you get stuff that would well equal 25$, Obviously I'm not gonna sell off my entire collection, but I will make sure nobody gets ACID sticks unless they want? Good part is a ton of my sticks have at least a year on them (kinda wish I had tagged each one now lol) some have more. I just know I need to do this in order to get out of my contracts and gtfo to Arizona. Also this would most likely need to be done through Paypal so I have the money to mail out said packages, and I'll eat shipping out of payments, just please send gift if this is gonna be the consensus
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I surely hope you don't need to resort to this. This never fails to sadden me. But grab bags would be a unique way, or make up samplers.
  • Options
    Also for some clarifications I do have: Padilla, Gurkha, Liga Undercrowns, some ACID's (seperate of course), non-CC Cohiba's, Macanudo's, LGC's, Tats, Davidoff's, a super rare not sure if I want to part with it AVO LE 05', PDR, just about every name, and some you never heard of. Edit: and a truck ton of AJ: Diesel, Shorty's, San Latanos (like 3?)
    edit #2: not gonna sell the box I was gifted by my SS just FYI though one might end up here n there
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    You have a PM Sir

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    sorry that you have to do this. would you care to share why?? hopefully it doesn't come down to it. My wife was pretty fed up with my cigar hobby and was threatening the whole "it's me or the cigars" thing so I was going to give them away. after time, it mellowed out.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    sorry that you have to do this. would you care to share why?? hopefully it doesn't come down to it. My wife was pretty fed up with my cigar hobby and was threatening the whole "it's me or the cigars" thing so I was going to give them away. after time, it mellowed out.
    I just need to get out of a bad situation soon rather than later, I made a post about it in the non-cigar related area, not sure how to put it.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    PM sent
  • Options
    Pm sent!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Oh man, that stinks! It always saddens me to see someone having to sell off their collection. An idea: you could come up with a kinda hierarchy tier and say "you'll get one similar in quality to group A, one similar in quality to group B and the rest from group C". Just a thought.

You have a pm.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Really sorry to hear this brother but you gotta do what you gotta do. Cigars come and go and there will always be more
  • Options
    Aight since it's late I will tackle all the pm's tomorrow, mostly went rooting through what I had to get a better idea
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    10 stick bag is a good idea. pm'ed you would like to help a brother out
  • Options
    ok I think I got everybody send another if you don't have a response.
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Dude, if it's a matter of cash I understand...If it is not, put that **** in a box and send it to me and I will store it for you (coolerdor)....You'll only be a few miles from me and you can pluck it as you need it...Just another option if you need a different approach.
  • Options
    sadly yes it is just cash, I really hate doing this as I was looking forward to smoking every single one of them that didn't jump into a trade bag, but it's the only way I can make some extra cash to do it, well least without having to do illegal stuff or get a 3rd shift job and get even less sleep than I already get
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    When you get here, we'll make sure that your collection gets a jump start...
  • Options
    I have a few special sticks that I plan on keeping, guess I get to build another cooler when I get out there ^ ^
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Hayblet:
    I have a few special sticks that I plan on keeping, guess I get to build another cooler when I get out there ^ ^
    That's the spirit!!!
  • Options
    I should add all Padilla's have been spoken for.

Edit: Thank you also for those just sending PM's of support and kind words, I really have no words to express how happy it makes me feel from the extended Family here (even if all we do is read each others typing)
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    Sorry to hear it, hope 2012 turns things around for you. Have you considered a raffle drawing. BOTL'S can buy a raffle ticket for a set price, all of the raffle tickets get thrown in a hat and drawn. You can set a minimum you would like to get for all of the cigars or several smaller batches. I think you can make more money that way and the winner or winners would get a decent batch of cigars for less price because the money is accumulated by several people. Ive heard of people selling their house this way, $100 per raffle ticket, minimum 1000 tickets sold etc., basically meaning if your lucky you can get 100,000 house for $100. Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    JZ:
    Sorry to hear it, hope 2012 turns things around for you. Have you considered a raffle drawing. BOTL'S can buy a raffle ticket for a set price, all of the raffle tickets get thrown in a hat and drawn. You can set a minimum you would like to get for all of the cigars or several smaller batches. I think you can make more money that way and the winner or winners would get a decent batch of cigars for less price because the money is accumulated by several people. Ive heard of people selling their house this way, $100 per raffle ticket, minimum 1000 tickets sold etc., basically meaning if your lucky you can get 100,000 house for $100. Just a suggestion.
    I wouldn't even know how to go about that, I could understand if I had a monster collection like Isaac or DD, just mine is nowhere near that stellar quality.
  • Options
    bump edit: all pm's replied to again
    edit 2: fixing to do full inventory after this stogie so I'll have a full list for those interested
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry it has come to this for you. I wish you the best and you know we are all here for you if you need anything. Not sure of your circumstances but stay positive. You will make it through this.
  • Options
    Thanks Jake, I am positive about this since it was I who took her back a year ago, it gives me close to any possible "what if..." thought I might have had later in life. I just want to end it sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    List is written (took a few shots and some headaches pills to kill the mind searing pain of it all) so PM again if interested.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Check your pm
  • Options
    updated Pm's and a notice that apparently the Post Office is closed today so packages with confirmation #'s will be out tomorrow