Home General Discussion
Options

What will you be smoking to bring in the New Year????

I have a 5 Vegas 2011 Limitada that I have been preparing for the occasion. I hope it rocks like I have heard.

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Havent really thought about it, and its time I started! Right now Im thinking Camacho PE, but I reserve the right to change my mind a half dozen times between now and 2012.

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Not sure yet but maybe one of my don arturo gran anniversario. Might not even get a chance to smoke.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I am leaning toward a Camacho Corojo Ltd but not sold on it yet. I have a few Oliva "V's" that are looking tasty too.
  • Options
    It's up in the air for me. Last year I smoked outdoors - it doesn't get too cold here, but certainly cold enough to lessen the enjoyment of a cigar. Not sure I want to smoke a Padron 80th, Family Reserve, Armada, ISOM, etc, in those conditions. I'll probably go for a more affordable smoke that I love, like a Padron 3000 or Oliva V.

If I go to the B&M on New Year's Day, I'll throw caution to the wind and smoke 2-3 premiums.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    No clue yet....hmmmmmm
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    AF Forbidden X Black Orchid.....and others.......
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    depends on how drunk I am...

note that I said "how" and not "if"... lmao
  • Options
    pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    i think its going to be La Aurora pre. maduro
  • Options
    brettdub33brettdub33 Posts: 56
    one of these babies to ring in yhe new year... Photobucket
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I am awaiting an order from CCom of a box of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Torpedos. I think I will light one up to bring in the New Year.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I've been asleep before 10 the last 5 New Years lol
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I've been asleep before 10 the last 5 New Years lol
    dang, atleast i make it to 12:01,lol
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    spindrift:
    AF Forbidden X Black Orchid.....and others.......
    B@stard...let me know when you get more of those :)
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    If I get the chance to enjoy a smoke, it will be a 2008 Cohiba Esplendidos.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    I haven't planned that far in advance.. I would like to smoke a Camacho PE if I could get my smoking buddy to come over, I have a few and we can compare notes. We shall see.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm going to be doing it outside at some friends of the family. Thought I'd go small. Gonna have me an AF Gran Reserva, Maduro, in the robusto size.
  • Options
    This: Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    fla-gypsy:
    I am leaning toward a Camacho Corojo Ltd but not sold on it yet. I have a few Oliva "V's" that are looking tasty too.
    I've got an Oliva V diadema from a box sampler with 3 years age on it that I'm firing up tonight.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Ashton VSG Eclipse earlier this evening.
    Ave Maria Reconquista in a few minutes.
    Happy and safe New Year, fellas!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Obsidian belicoso. Heard good things and just as many not so good things, but I'll chance it. Hopefully it pairs well with the 7 y/o Islay scotch passing my lips tonight...
  • Options
    danielruasdanielruas Posts: 778
    I think I'll start the night off with an Ashton VSG or an Illusione Epernay, two sticks I've been saving for a special occasion, if time permits I'll probably have an Alec Bradley Black Market before going out. Then when I get back to the hotel after the festivities I may be a wee bit tipsy so I'll probably burn a Diesel UHC which is a go to smoke for me and I won't mind waking up in the morning and barely remember smoking it.
  • Options
    KevinFittsKevinFitts Posts: 225
    With a limited supply and simple taste, I will be smoking a Black Pearl original.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    I'm having a Graycliff Crystal with a year and half on it. So far it's alright, but definitetly not worth its msrp. I kinda wish I'd picked something else...at least its not taking up space in the humi anymore. Since I was preparing for disappointment I poured a dram of Lagavulin Distiller's Reserve.
  • Options
    Well it has been the New Year out here for almost two hours already, so first HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I smoked a Gurkha Beast.Tasty, but it took a long time.
  • Options
    Smoking a Quesada Oktoberfest now and pairing it with a bottle of Hofbrau Oktoberfest. Gonna be a good night.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Anejo
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Jiffy78:
    Well it has been the New Year out here for almost two hours already, so first HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I smoked a Gurkha Beast.Tasty, but it took a long time.
    What?! Where are you? I live on the West Coast and it is only like 5:00 here right now. Happy New Year !
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Mephisto:
    I'm having a Graycliff Crystal with a year and half on it. So far it's alright, but definitetly not worth its msrp. I kinda wish I'd picked something else...at least its not taking up space in the humi anymore. Since I was preparing for disappointment I poured a dram of Lagavulin Distiller's Reserve.
    I agree. Put that cigar in the 5-7 dollar range and it starts to make a little more sense to me.
  • Options

Gonna enjoy these both later tonight after starting out light with a few others.

The ITC 10th was given by bandyt09 to many of us during a So Cal herf in May with 2 years already on it... gonna be sweet y'all!

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Starting off with this, courtesy of my SS. Thanks Mephisto, this is a GREAT stick!