Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Hobbies Anyone?

JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
I know everyone here already has one hobby, but what about any other interests?

I like to garden. Every year I grow enough fresh veggies so we don't really have to buy too many during the rest of the year; mostly tomatoes, green beans, squash, asparagus, & peppers. This weekend I've been making red pepper from my garden for chili spice. I have close to 35 gallons of three specific peppers I use for this stuff. First I roast them till they're crunchy, them I run 'em through the food processor till it's fine enough to come out of a salt shaker, then I mix it all up with other spices in my recipe. My nose won't stop running 'cause it's been just full of the pepper from all the grinding and mixing, but I've got a line of friends who always demand some of the stuff, so it's kind of a labor of love.

Next month I'll make some more beer. I've comeup with a pretty good recipe for a nice English style amber ale that goes really good with my stogies.

What about the rest of you folks?

Comments

• Options
    Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    do you guys get any of the camra stuff in the states?
  • Options
    sol1821:
    I guess not, because I'm not sure what the camara stuff is.
  • Options
    The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Amateur Radio.. Although trying to finish off the basement right now.. most of my stuff is in boxes.. KC1W..
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I love to brew. Had to curb the beer a good bit since diagnosed diabetic. Amateur radio is something I've always thought was pretty cool. You guys can be pretty important in times of emergency.
  • Options
    JDH:
    sol1821:
    I guess not, because I'm not sure what the camara stuff is.
    http://www.camra.org.uk/
    should be some recipes for all the british brews knocking around somewhere
  • Options
    ive got the camra recipe book, if there are any beers you are thinking of making let me know and ill see if i have the recipe for them ;)
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome Sol. I would love to start brewing but dont have the damn time.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    sol1821:
    ive got the camra recipe book, if there are any beers you are thinking of making let me know and ill see if i have the recipe for them ;)
    You may be getting a pm from me mext month, that could be interesting.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I enjoy Camping and Horticulture
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Lately my hobbies have been narrowed down to chasing after my kids, keeping my expectant wife sane, and working my behind off. When I have time I play a little guitar, build a motorcycle or two and work on my tattoo apprenticeship. Been thinking about getting into some home-brew action, but finding time is the killer.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Writing fiction.

One day I hope to publish my books.

• Options
    JDH:
    sol1821:
    You may be getting a pm from me mext month, that could be interesting.
    cool ill look out for it, if you want pm me an email address and ill send you the index from the recipe book, that way you can have a think about what recipes you want to have a look at ;)
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Ha. Other than cigars, my hobbies are farrrrr too nerdy to post in this thread, at least yet. Maybe if someone else does first.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Writing fiction.

One day I hope to publish my books.

anything you can share? maybe a little excerpt?
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    docbp87:
    Ha. Other than cigars, my hobbies are farrrrr too nerdy to post in this thread, at least yet. Maybe if someone else does first.
    dude unless you collect pokemon cards I think you're good.
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Bullseye pistol shooting and gem cutting
  • Options
    I still play the odd campaign of AD&D
  • Options
    Goldy:
    Bullseye pistol shooting and gem cutting
    cool, what gun you got, did you go for a pistol over a rifle as i know you where interested in a rifle a while back, if you did then good choice, pistols are much more fun :D
  • Options
    greg2648greg2648 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭
    I shoot Sporting Clays.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    This came up before and I mentioned photography. Here is the tread that came out of that. Lots of folks here have great photographs!

Click here for the photography thread

• Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    greg2648:
    I shoot Sporting Clays.
    So do I! Not a lot though. I own a Savage but rarely shoot with it lol.
  • Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Which campaign? I play with a group still. We get together drink beer and hang out.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:
    Tabletop miniature wargames do it? I've been collecting and playing various Games Workshop games since I was in middle school. I have won painting contests, etc. Serious business.
  • Options
    docbp87:
    stephen_hannibal:
    docbp87:
    Tabletop miniature wargames do it? I've been collecting and playing various Games Workshop games since I was in middle school. I have won painting contests, etc. Serious business.
    i used to do that, only ever lost one battle and that was my first one, it was against one of the guys that worked at the shop lol. i challenged him to a re match a few months later and whooped his *** so its all good.
    i was quite good at the painting just dont have the time for it now :(

is it war hammer you do mainly? i used to collect the lotr stuff
    still got all the good ones in a display cabinet
  • Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love to do amateur chemistry; right now I am still perfecting the art of turning alcohol into urine. Still figure I am many years away but with all the practice I do i am sure I'll get there one day.

• Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Build street rods, hold'um, and golf.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bass angler, Video games.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Music...music...music
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I love fishing, hunting, golfing, music, and I think I enjoy cigars ......... Lol
  • Options
    JSaint:
    Direwolf:
    Which campaign? I play with a group still. We get together drink beer and hang out.
    Just joined a group for guys my age to play . My buddy from back home (MS) is going to be running a game online for a few of us too.. Used to play WaterDeep and Ravensloft. Played Vampire , Werewolf ,Cyberpunk 2020.