Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's one of your proudest moments?

For me, one of the most proud moments is when I graduated nursing school. image Another one is my youngest daughter getting accepted into medical school last August: image How about you?

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I don't think I've had one yet....

• Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Taking 2nd in the nation in the High Jump my senior year in high school. Just about the same feeling for any of my 3 high jump Virginia State Championships.

Pulling into port on the USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) after serving at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. An entire pier of cheering family members, band playing, pretty nice moment.

Birth of my daughter.

Those are the really big ones for me.

edit: oooohhh.... almost for got trading in my 259 Division hat for a NAVY hat at the end of boot camp. Anyone who has stood in that room knows what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    clearlysuspect:
    Taking 2nd in the nation in the High Jump my senior year in high school. Just about the same feeling for any of my 3 high jump Virginia State Championships.

Pulling into port on the USS Harry S. Truman (CVN-75) after serving at the beginning of Operation Iraqi Freedom. An entire pier of cheering family members, band playing, pretty nice moment.

Birth of my daughter.

Those are the really big ones for me.

edit: oooohhh.... almost for got trading in my 259 Division hat for a NAVY hat at the end of boot camp. Anyone who has stood in that room knows what I'm talking about.
    Very, very cool!!!!
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Couple of things...

Starting my own biz

Finishing Ranger School

Getting Married

...and not getting herpes.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    The births of my children
    Saluting "The Old Man" and being piped over after my tour of duty in the Navy
    Graduating college with my AA in commercial art/graphic design
    Receiving my Paramedic licensure
    Starting Two Wheel Healers bike shop with my buddy Mark
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Finishing a year in Iraq (05-06) going out on patrols every day. 30+ firefights and 18 IED strikes...and not a single Purple Heart in my platoon.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    the birth of my two daughters
    being awarded the Meritorious Service Medal for actions taken during the 1989 SF Earthquake
    freefalling from 10500 ft for the first time
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Eagle scout at the age of 13, operating my own business at 19, graduating the Paramedic program at 21, and coming up on the 22nd of this month... celebrating 7 years with my fiance.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Asking my father in law if I could marry his daughter and him telling me that he had been praying for years for her to marry the right person and he said that he knew it was me. The second part was seeing the excitement on her face when I asked her. Love my girl!
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    Asking my father in law if I could marry his daughter and him telling me that he had been praying for years for her to marry the right person and he said that he knew it was me. The second part was seeing the excitement on her face when I asked her. Love my girl!

Guess I should have put this in my list, too. If my wife ever reads this, she'll make start doing physical therapy again and she's my therapist...
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Outsmarting and out manuevering the gold digger biotch that married my dad - soaked up his money and property and kicked him to the curb when he had 5 months to live from bone cancer . I was able to block her last attempts and negotiate a marital property settlement as his POA while making her think he would live at least another year when in fact he only lived 2 more days .

Would not be wise for her to be standing any where close to me at a subway train station platform !!! Just sayin ...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy, my wedding and my daughters birth. Then I guess when I made Captain.
  • Options
    PreebsPreebs Posts: 43
    I got to see a play I wrote performed. Seeing the audience reacting to my words was pretty intense.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to echo your post, Salem, my own graduation with a BSN, and my sons graduation from medical school, oh, and the day I bought my first Harley!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Amos Umwhat:
    I have to echo your post, Salem, my own graduation with a BSN, and my sons graduation from medical school, oh, and the day I bought my first Harley!
    Gosh, are we cyber twins or something?? lol!! Right down to the Harley. That was also one of my most proud moments too....that first one.....which was a Low Rider.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    A big one would have to be exchanging my RECRUIT ball cap for my NAVY ball cap. Never seen 160 men thatproud. Becoming an Eagle scout, coming home from both deployments (at sea, and one Iraq)
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    All of the births of my six grandchildren.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    Thewelder:
    A big one would have to be exchanging my RECRUIT ball cap for my NAVY ball cap. Never seen 160 men thatproud. Becoming an Eagle scout, coming home from both deployments (at sea, and one Iraq)

Sir you have my thanks for your service to our fine country.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    so many people have done so many great things, it's hard to feel like I can compete.

Rudy, I would love to hear you elaborate on your Earthquake story.

For me, The day I got married, the birth of my 3 daughters and,the day I was raised to Master Mason after starting 6 months before were all big ones for me.
    Taking the business that I work for and raising their profit 6 times over from when I started is also something I'm most proud of.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    When my two boys were born. Hands down, never prouder.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I would have to add when I got married, and when my 2 girls were born.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    I thought it was when I won my last election. But now about 50% of the people hate me at any given time. So not so much....
  • Options
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Theedge:
    I thought it was when I won my last election. But now about 50% of the people hate me at any given time. So not so much....
    What kind of an election?
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Theedge:
    Don't feel too bad, I read that the Presidents approval rate is only 47% right now.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Theedge:

Damn it Obama you son of a ... is that you ??????
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Theedge:

Damn it Obama you son of a ... is that you ??????
    LOL!!!!!
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Hah, I'm a county commissioner, some states call them supervisors. It's actually not that bad, but there sure are days.
  • Options

My uncle raised me, as my Dad was an alcoholic and, to put it nicely, unable to do so.  All through school, I was a rebel.  Heck, it was the 70's, who wasn't a chemical waste dump, right?  Anyways, my uncle always referred to me as his nephew when anyone asked.

The first time I was home on leave, as my uncle was walking with me in the airport, someone welcomed me home and asked my uncle if I was his son.  He looked at me, then back at the stranger and said "Yes, that's my boy...my son."

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    dennisking:
    so many people have done so many great things, it's hard to feel like I can compete.

Rudy, I would love to hear you elaborate on your Earthquake story.

For me, The day I got married, the birth of my 3 daughters and,the day I was raised to Master Mason after starting 6 months before were all big ones for me.
    Taking the business that I work for and raising their profit 6 times over from when I started is also something I'm most proud of.
    So mote it be brother!
  • Options
    Hippiebrian:

My uncle raised me, as my Dad was an alcoholic and, to put it nicely, unable to do so.  All through school, I was a rebel.  Heck, it was the 70's, who wasn't a chemical waste dump, right?  Anyways, my uncle always referred to me as his nephew when anyone asked.

The first time I was home on leave, as my uncle was walking with me in the airport, someone welcomed me home and asked my uncle if I was his son.  He looked at me, then back at the stranger and said "Yes, that's my boy...my son."

That one honestly made me tear up.