Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What's one of your proudest moments?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    My proudest moment was in the summer of 1972. I was a volunteer with the Southern Poverty Law organization working to register people to vote in rural East Texas– people who had been denied that right for over 100 years. One day I found myself in a situation where a nice man had a loaded double barreled shotgun pointed at my chest from a distance of about 12 feet. “We know who you are, we know where you live, and we want you to stop what you’re doing.” he said. I won’t go into the details of what followed, but it was scary.

But I did not stop what I was doing. His actions only confirmed the importance of what we were doing, and I finished in November, after the election. Finishing my allotted volunteer term was my proudest moment.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    JDH:
    My proudest moment was in the summer of 1972. I was a volunteer with the Southern Poverty Law organization working to register people to vote in rural East Texas– people who had been denied that right for over 100 years. One day I found myself in a situation where a nice man had a loaded double barreled shotgun pointed at my chest from a distance of about 12 feet. “We know who you are, we know where you live, and we want you to stop what you’re doing.” he said. I won’t go into the details of what followed, but it was scary.

But I did not stop what I was doing. His actions only confirmed the importance of what we were doing, and I finished in November, after the election. Finishing my allotted volunteer term was my proudest moment.
    Indeed, you did something that should have brought you pride!! Thank you for helping make things fair for ALL Americans, though you had threats against you. That took a lot.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Like they say; FREEDOM ISN'T FREE. Sometimes you have to defend it in order to keep it, or fight to even have it in the first place.
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    JDH:
    Like they say; FREEDOM ISN'T FREE. Sometimes you have to defend it in order to keep it, or fight to even have it in the first place.
    Well said.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    OchoZacho:
    dennisking:
    so many people have done so many great things, it's hard to feel like I can compete.

Rudy, I would love to hear you elaborate on your Earthquake story.

For me, The day I got married, the birth of my 3 daughters and,the day I was raised to Master Mason after starting 6 months before were all big ones for me.
    Taking the business that I work for and raising their profit 6 times over from when I started is also something I'm most proud of.
    So mote it be brother!
    Glad to have you here brother!