Home General Discussion

What do you do with your cigar bands?

I bet no one here throws them away, so what do you do with your cigar bands? I'm starting to collect quite a few and I just have mine loose in a wooden cigar box.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Haha, I throw them away. Unless they're completely stunning or I may never see that particular cigar again.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I put them in a bag. lol.
  • cooch36cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    Photobucket waiting to collect more for a project. there are hundreds so far. LOL looks like a cork fell in there.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Salem:
    I bet no one here throws them away, so what do you do with your cigar bands? I'm starting to collect quite a few and I just have mine loose in a wooden cigar box.
    +1
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    Thats what I do. Then someone usually asks if anyone has left over bands for thier project and I unload on them.
  • I am a noob so I have been keeping mine. They are between the pages of a dictionary now, eventually I may put the nicer ones in a frame or some sort of display in my office.

BTW, first time I have opened that dictionary in years....Surprise [:O]
  • big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    i keep them in a huge jar
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a small mural for my wall at work. Seeing we are a tobacco free campus, it's quite a conversation piece. I've found several cigar smokers that way.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I keep them. When I have enough I'm going to use them to cover the humidor I plan on making this spring/summer.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I create art of all different kinds. Bird houses, wall hangings and I'm in the process of making A coffee table for my smoking lounge.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm hanging onto them until I can decide what I actually want to do. Seen some very creative stuff done on here by people and have some of my own but just haven't figured out yet which one or ones to do.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    All of my cigar bands line the pages of Edgar Allan Poe, Dilbert Cartoon strips, and Charles Dickens. I have no idea what to do with them but they are all pretty flattened out lol.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Salem:
    I've never kept a single band. I will collect cigars, bourbon, etc., but I've never understood collecting bands, bottles, etc.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I save mine till I have a whole bag full and then send em to Mike T. The awesome women in his family make cigar band art for the BOTL on this forum.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    use them to put on my cribbage table.
  • I throw them into a cigar box...must be hundreds now.  I have no idea why....
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    I used to keep them when I first started too salem to help keep track of what I liked and what I didn't like. I kept them seperate with paper clips but then I just stopped doing it and threw them all away. Now I don't keep bands at all and just enjoy trying/sampling all the cigars I have again. If I smoke a cigar I didn't like I'll definitely remember it anyways because there aren't that many that aren't good if you solely buy from Ccom. I also remember my faves too so no need for me to keep bands. I guess I could now though for the BOTLs that do projects, I had no idea people did that.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    There are many threads on this, just search for them
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Wow....sorry.
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Wow....sorry.
    Sorry Salem, not trying to be mean or make an example, just seeing a lot of duplicate threads lately and just letting you know this exists elsewhere...it's a great topic, I know I started a thread on it about a month ago or 2
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Wow....sorry.
    Looks like we have a new forum thread sheriff in town little lady! This is the SECOND TIME he's blown you up for a topic or game that has previously been posted or played. If he has to tell ya one more time, its likely to be 20 lashes in public with a soggy Graycliff 1666!

Or better yet, perhaps everyone around here should do a search before posting a thought or idea to see if its been done before. If it has, either necrothread it or NO POSTING! Should cut down on the amount of new posts by about 95% or so...

JOKING! :-D

The Sniper:
    Salem:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Wow....sorry.
    Looks like we have a new forum thread sheriff in town little lady! This is the SECOND TIME he's blown you up for a topic or game that has previously been posted or played. If he has to tell ya one more time, its likely to be 20 lashes in public with a soggy Graycliff 1666!

Or better yet, perhaps everyone around here should do a search before posting a thought or idea to see if its been done before. If it has, either necrothread it or NO POSTING! Should cut down on the amount of new posts by about 95% or so...

JOKING! :-D

Let me know where I insulted anyone and I will make it right. I am keeping my mouth (relatively) shut but just noting that a quick search would have resurrected 2-5 threads with this already in it. It happens a lot for most topics so it's not a big deal. I don't think I offended anybody, an I I did Salem please let me know in a PM and we can talk privately.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    I keep most of mine, but not all. If I have more than a handful of the same band already then I just toss them. I keep them in a Cigar.com bag. Usually put them in my wallet (if smoking 'out' somewhere) or under my cutter and lighter (if smoking at home) to flatten them out first. Not sure why lol. Actually I'd like to affix them to some type of tray someday (I belive my wife uses the term 'decoupage'.)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i save the ones i really like and throw out the rest...
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Keep em but really end up losing em. O well!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    I put all mine in a jar and had a contest.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    photo IMG_0366_zps4c146f64.jpg cigar lamp 2 photo IMG_0492_zps7f24674e.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Hippiebrian:
    I throw them into a cigar box...must be hundreds now.  I have no idea why....
    This thread is like therapy for me....... I used to think I was crazy........ I do the same...... dunno why
  • I just joined the forums today but thought I'd share my new cigar band project: CIGARMADILLO!!!

He's a resin garden statue I found online. I covered the shell in bands using ModPodge and then covered the head and feet with gold leaf.