Home General Discussion
Options

New Moderator Introduction

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I would like to take the time to introduce myself.  My name is Joshua Smelko, but feel free to call me Josh or Mahow (long story but I'm willing to discuss), and I am a new forum moderator here at Cigar.com!  I prefer a medium to full-bodied cigar, usually a complex blend filled with many different complexities to keep my palate entertained (I average about 3 cigars, maybe 4 a day depending, and that's during the winter months).  However, I am willing to try anything and found I do enjoy a mild blend as well, as long as it has flavor.  In my humidor you'll find Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, La Aroma de Cuba, tons of Gurkhas, 5 Vegas Classic and Miami, in addition to about 20 other brands including some Fuente, Montecristo, Tatuaje, 601 and Romeo y Julieta - so I'm all over the board in terms of flavor and strength profiles.  My current go-to in the morning is a Verdadero Organic or Rocky Patel Connecticut and my evening smoke usually consists of a heavy maduro, like Gurkha Titan.  Anyway, I'm here to help so if any of you have any questions, problems, comments, concerns, or simply just want to say hi - feel free to contact me at jsmelko@cigar.com

Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Glad to have your input Josh...Sounds like you enjoy a wide range of smokes. I'm sure we will have some questions from time to time ...the guys here do a tremendous job of policing the site so you may be kinda like the Maytag repairman...but thats just more time to concentrate on cigars right?! Anyways good to hear from ya - Gene
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    fantastic!

nice to meet you. im sure well get to know you over time.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Hooray! A moderator! Welcome aboard Mahow!
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    RUN THE 5-0 IS HERE!!!!!

j/k welcome aboard. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome, Josh.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Josh, and welcome.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Ok, as I said before, I'm not all that computer savvy. I know what The Google is, but I'm not exactly sure what a moderator does. So, feel free to fill me in...If I write @ss to replace ass, are you going to show up on my doorstep.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Luko, think of him as a hall monitor. Except you don't need a pass to go the the can.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Luko:
    Ok, as I said before, I'm not all that computer savvy. I know what The Google is, but I'm not exactly sure what a moderator does. So, feel free to fill me in...If I write @ss to replace ass, are you going to show up on my doorstep.
    or you could just type "ass" like you just did....

im not 100% on what they mods here will be like but i suspect that since we have been unmoderated for so long they will take a "hands off" view. i mean ,we like this place because it is more or less an online smoke shop/lounge. however, the mods will probably keep cigar.com's best interests at heart and remove the competition's threads, address poor customer service threads, and any other issues that may come up.
    that being said, i hope, though, that we get to know our mods.

nothing like having an insider at cigar.com
  • Options
    I kind of feel that things will be pretty much the same. With the exception of some of the more off color jokes that have been posted here, and maybe discussions that have to do with smaller island rolled cigars and how to obtain them, we will just have another member that shares our interest in cigars, and many other topics. We will see.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311

Welcome to the board, good to have you. Just a little advice watch out for a guy that posts under the name of Madurofan he is the trouble maker.

• Options
    I still think we'll be able to do our thing as before as long as no virtual reality fist fights or anything detrimental to ccom happens ...jmho...
  • Options
    dep691:

Welcome to the board, good to have you. Just a little advice watch out for a guy that posts under the name of Madurofan he is the trouble maker.

Hey dep, Josh is like santa, he's already got the list and checked it three times. I'm sure there's more than one name on the " members to watch " list. (JFK)
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    welcome josh. please impart your wisdom as everyone else does. I find this forum to be very accepting and welcoming place. I hope you have similar experiences.
  • Options
    sanesane Posts: 151
    Welcome Josh
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hey Josh good to meet you. I agree with all that has been said prior to me in this thread.
    In particular the comments regarding a certain Madurofan...in a word... trouble. Openly speaks of blowing up squirrel houses, and has been spending a lot of time here of late threatening various BOTL.
    I might suggest that he be your first assignment ;)
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    Does this mean no more dog fights and backroom gambling?
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Hey Josh good to meet you. I agree with all that has been said prior to me in this thread.
    In particular the comments regarding a certain Madurofan...in a word... trouble. Openly speaks of blowing up squirrel houses, and has been spending a lot of time here of late threatening various BOTL.
    I was speaking with Tim earlier and apparently Madurofan is the REASON they had to recruit a moderator in the first place... Apparently it's not limited to the forum either. From what Tim tells me, he's constantly emailing ALL of the ccom employees and harassing them... Calling them names like "Tutu poopoo head" and such...

I personally can't believe they haven't gone after this guy sooner...
  • Options
    rusirius:
    laker1963:
    I was speaking with Tim earlier and apparently Madurofan is the REASON they had to recruit a moderator in the first place... Apparently it's not limited to the forum either. From what Tim tells me, he's constantly emailing ALL of the ccom employees and harassing them... Calling them names like "Tutu poopoo head" and such...

Don't worry Maddy we'll move ya from safe house to safe house ...they'll never find ya ...
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Josh, glad to have you...and that being said, I hope this forum doesn't change too much.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    rusirius:
    laker1963:

I think he's been using multiple IPs....Virginia, KY, who knows where he is now. I don't doubt they've been trying to get him...he's just so elusive.
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Madurofan is Josh the Moderator,,,,hmmmm.
  • Options
    Dude Love:
    Does this mean no more dog fights and backroom gambling?
    Not to mention the mail order Russian brides, home brew beer, and talk of politics. oh no I said too much.
  • Options
    dep691:
    Madurofan is Josh the Moderator,,,,hmmmm.
    Did anyone else notice you never see those two at the same time.. Busted !
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    What the heck is going on? I go away for a lil while and a moderator shows up on the board. I can't believe this. What have you guys been doing?

Seriously though, welcome Josh good to have you.

Oh yeah and definitely watch out for that Madurofan guy. His accomplice Urbino too.
  • Options
    Yeah Ron, Josh has a list of the usual suspects.. They are all in the time out corner right now..
  • Options

Exactly.   Actually, in all reality, I'm here to monitor Madurofan but that's neither here nor there.  Just kidding!

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Joshua Smelko:

Exactly.   Actually, in all reality, I'm here to monitor Madurofan but that's neither here nor there.  Just kidding!

he's a real sneaking one.... btw welcome!
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Joshua Smelko:

Oh this is wrong!!! I go away on business for a while and not only to we get a moderator(which for the record I was the most outspoken proponent FOR a moderator, even emailed Ccom about it) but everyone on the board rats me out as the cause of all the problems.

Gmill is the only one who is safe, the rest of you are on notice. This includes you Smelly(I'm sorry but you just gained a new nickname. In Ccom tradition we take your name shorten it and add a y or i). You better not give out your address if you like the way your front porch looks ....
  • Options
    ...see what we mean. Calling name, threatening people, this guy just doesn't know how to behave. Back in the corner or we're calling the Nanny on you.