Home General Discussion
Options

How long have you been smoking cigars?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I also had my first in college however I don't remember if I was 18, 19 or even 20.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    First cigar 06, really got into them Nov 07 - May 08 then stopped for awhile then picked them back up in Jan 2010 and haven't looked back
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    well the first cigar I smoked was freshman year of highschool, it was very bumpy, rolled horribly and gave me the biggest head/body buzz ever......the filler was like none I have seen before...green with red veins through out and some purple tints through out.....

strange..wish I could find another like it.

in all seriousness....... started getting into hand rolled premium cigars in May.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    deejmemixx:
    well the first cigar I smoked was freshman year of highschool, it was very bumpy, rolled horribly and gave me the biggest head/body buzz ever......the filler was like none I have seen before...green with red veins through out and some purple tints through out.....

in all seriousness....... started getting into hand rolled premium cigars in May.
    I remember that brand
  • Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    deejmemixx:

I don't think you can buy one of those at a cigar shop. ;)
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    This month makes a year for me. I only smoke on the weekends and maybe one or two for the weekend. I do love it and am always looking forward to trying something new. My faves are Perdomo line and Padron.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    For me it started very occasionally about 15 years ago. Then over the past four years I've collected more and got more into the hobby. I did'nt really have any knowledgable source for info (thats probably why I fell out of it for a while). But I always loved the smell of a really nice cigar (or pipe). Just kind of picked it up again when my Father In-Law would come back from somewhere with some cigars. That started about 6 years ago.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    4 years as of December 21, 2011. As for knowing what I was doing...I'm not gonna say I've got a firm grasp on that even now.
  • Options
    GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    If I count the swishers and backwoods I had in my teens, 20 years. But I won't. So it's about 2 years of premium cigars for me. My first was an Ashton tubo. I thought you could smoke a little at a time and then store it in the tube for later. Needless to say, I didn't know what I was doing. I lurked on this forum daily for over a year before joining. I've learned a lot from everyone here.