Comments

• Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    That looks really good.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    That looks really good.
    Thanks. Have zero experience and I did everything but the mud and tape. It was fun and a great learning experience. Now for the main basement. Already have supplies stocked up. Biggest thing is figuring out how to make a huge soffit for the ceiling junk.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Looks great man, but I gotta ask; no walk-in??
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    Excellent work!
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    This is the sub basement so no walk in. Now the basement that will be a man cave is gettimg something. Not sure which route yet. I like what Walt did but I want to go smaller. But a walk in is possible. So torn.

Thanks Walt. That means a lot to me coming from a guy with great talent at building stuff. Showed your thread to the wife last night. She was impressed.

Oh and the tv stand has an access door I need to put on.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    alienmisprint:
    This is the sub basement so no walk in. Now the basement that will be a man cave is gettimg something. Not sure which route yet. I like what Walt did but I want to go smaller. But a walk in is possible. So torn.

Thanks Walt. That means a lot to me coming from a guy with great talent at building stuff. Showed your thread to the wife last night. She was impressed.

Oh and the tv stand has an access door I need to put on.
    If you've got the space there... a walk-in would almost be easier. Nothing but straight up frame. I'd put sheetrock on the outside, and cement backerboard inside... tack the cedar planks onto the backerboard. Shelving is easy. Maybe a power outlet. Old time humidifier would even work. the felt pad on a belt running through a tank... if you can find one these days. They've got to make them. I see them at some walk ins around town. Maybe a glass or plexi look through. Just throwing ideas out there...