Home Cigar 101
Options

Humidity Beads 101

Comments

• Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Crap cloudy, you had to take it there! this thread was humming along without any inappropriate posts and there you go. LMAO

Its a fun night every night in the maduro house, otherwise I'm heading to the girlfriends house. Whoops did I say that in my out loud voice!
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    madurofan:
    Post deleted to prevent urbi from desecrating the forum ;)
    I bet this is what you're going to say next: ^^^
  • Options
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Crap cloudy, you had to take it there! this thread was humming along without any inappropriate posts and there you go. LMAO

Its a fun night every night in the maduro house, otherwise I'm heading to the girlfriends house. Whoops did I say that in my out loud voice!
    hehe.. you said "humming"
    Dammit you're going to get uri in on this and it'll go straight to hell in a handbasket. LMAO
    Maddy I was thinking the same thing QUICK every body delete your posts and act like this never happened We will take a vow of silence and never speak of it again... O crap I think I just heard him log on..
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    LMAO
  • Options
    Look up ^
  • Options
    madurofan:
    Look up ^
    No YOU look up ^^^ :)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    Look up ^
    No YOU look up ^^^ :)
    What the hell are we looking at, oh i see, a spider on my ceiling !! Thanks guys..
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm sure I don't know what any of you people are talking about. Clearly, you've all gone 'round the bend. Now, in the interest of my virgin ears, please desist immediately. You crazy ****.
  • Options
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    I bet this is what you're going to say next: ^^^
    Thats freaking hilarious!
  • Options
    urbino:
    I'm sure I don't know what any of you people are talking about. Clearly, you've all gone 'round the bend. Now, in the interest of my virgin ears, please desist immediately. You crazy ****.
    OH NO!!!! No more bad word filter!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think its the "ers" on the end.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Stupid question..I just ordered humi beads....Do I need to add anything else to the humi..ie? wet the sponge or use the gel jar i had in there? thx
  • Options
    the beads are the only humidification device in my humidor. just add distilled water.
  • Options
    great..thanks!!
  • Options
    Just got my beads today..Stupid question..I got the 2 oz blue tube...Do I have to take the cap off or just place it in the humi as is?
  • Options
    in the humi as is. the cap comes off so you can pour distilled water in there to recharge it.
  • Options
    thanks kuz......for the future..when recharging..do i twist the cap or pull? I didn't want to break it..but didnt' seem to give at all
  • Options
    again, iduno. i have loose beads. i keep em in a box. you could dip part of the tube in the water.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    thanks kuz......for the future..when recharging..do i twist the cap or pull? I didn't want to break it..but didnt' seem to give at all
    It's not threaded if that is what you are getting at, but a gentle twist will help if it is being "sticky". Be careful though and not to apply too much pressure when separating the pieces, so as not to suddenly release it and have beads go flying ;)

No, I did not do that :P
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    When I refill my beads in the tube, I use a syringe that comes with baby medicine and just squirt the distilled water through the holes in the tube. This helps me to make sure that I don't over charge the beads. It seems to work pretty well.
  • Options
    I love my new beads!!!! They ship out super fast, my 75 count was hittin in the 80% range after seasoning and useing the humi care gel, stuck a two oz tube of 65% beads and BAM!!! It works like magic!!! No more gel for me!!!! my rh is at pimp status!!!Worked great in my cigar jar to!!!! I love it!
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Glad to hear it, CR!
  • Options
    Thanks guys for all the advice....I have the 65 tube..however, I checked this morning and it is up to 77. I'm hoping it takes a little time to adjust to the humi.....has this happened to others?
  • Options
    Smoke=Fire:
    tankbonnies:
    It's not threaded if that is what you are getting at, but a gentle twist will help if it is being "sticky". Be careful though and not to apply too much pressure when separating the pieces, so as not to suddenly release it and have beads go flying ;)

No, I did not do that :P
    But I did!
  • Options
    tankbonnies:
    Thanks guys for all the advice....I have the 65 tube..however, I checked this morning and it is up to 77. I'm hoping it takes a little time to adjust to the humi.....has this happened to others?
    Hey, tank -- you have probably overcharged your beads. Are they all clear? Or are some of them white? Did you shake the excess water out of the tube? I find that some violent shaking of the tube, followed by several spins will help get rid of some excess water. You may need to do this a few times.
  • Options
    you know what I notcied about my beads in my cigar jar some of it has a orange tint to them,wierd! Ever herd or that?
  • Options
    yes.
    mine do as well. im not sure what does it but when i noticed it first it was after they had been in my humidor for a while. I figured they had soaked up some of the cigar gasses let off in the aging proscess. if yours came with that tint maybe they are like that naturally and i just didnt notice it when i got em.
  • Options
    I have two 2 oz tubes of 70% I'd love to trade for some 65% if anyone has any ....
  • Options
    dutje...I have the tube, didn't touch it at all, no distilled water added. Just placed the tube in the humi....I'm hoping it is just adjusting....