Options

the Noob Toob

Comments

• Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    webmost:
    amz1301:
    webmost:
    Meanwhile, we have an excellent cigar store right here in the state of Dull-Aware, and I'd just as soon let them handle the humidor chores.
    Webmost, you go to the store in Peoples Plaza ?
    Hey Ho brother ... Yep, the store in People's Plaza is da bom. They own a branch store in Newark right beside the Sears tool place where Marrows Road meets 273, I forget the name of the shopping center. But they only send a cigar geek there once in a while to stock the humi room. The place is staffed by gals who know nothing about cigars. Since that store is so very close to me, I often go in there, then get a geek from the other store on my cell phone.

If you're in Baltimore. That cigar spot on Light Street at the inner harbor is having an Alec Bradley night... I think tonight. If you're that close, send me a PM and we'll get together and fire one up. I need a mentor to show me how to punch, light, and burn one of these things.
    Sorry I missed this the other day. Had to take my daughter to the ER last night. She had a cast removed from her arm yesterday and she was still having an issue so we had to take her back to have another cast put on. Arm still wasn't fully healed. Long night, long story..she's got another cast on but she's ok.

We'll have to get together some time and fire one up. I drive up to peoples plaza like once a month, all those guys know me in there. Love that place. They've got everything.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Next time you're down, shoot me a PM. You know of any watering hole where the nanny state will let you enjoy a smoke and a drink? Well I'm learning something here. This stuff may seem darn simple to the cognoscenti, but to a raw noob like me, much is still a mystery. So next step, you got your noob stick, you got the end opened up, now let's light it. When I do that I don't like to have fur on my teeth. Toothpaste is contraindicated, but I might swish water around. Floss is in order, or chewing something scrubby. Then I've got to find a good place. Stump by the fire. Sofa by the fireplace. Or the garage with a project. I just now fired one up in the garage after chewing some peanuts, and this post is my project. Used two Diamond stick matches the cigar store hands out with a purchase. I have an old pipe lighter, but I just can't feature using lighter fluid to start a cigar. I used to light a pipe, tamp it down, then light it again. With a cigar, though, seems like you don't want it to go out at all ever. It turns rank, even if you relight right away. I'd use a big stick match if I could find them. I tried using one small diamond, but a cigar needs more fire than that. I've tried an ember from the fire, but I got wood sap taste out of that. Didn't like it. I haven't tried propane. Tried paper matches, didn't like the taste. My Dad used to smoke a Swisher's Sweet from time to time. He'd always lick it from end to end before lighting. I find that makes a good cigar burn unevenly. Gave that up. I hate it when I get one side lit and not the other, or the center lit and not the rest, or if it burns up one side more than the other. I have no notion why, but a symmetrical ash from the get go is important to me, like the head on good stout. You know, an ugly girl may be more willing, but a good looking gal makes me more willing, so it is with an evenly burning cigar. Call me shallow. So what I do, I fire two diamond sticks, get a big flame, then roll the cigar a bit in the flame while drawing slow. Tried drawing hard, seemed too hot. After the matches are done, I make sure I get a quarter inch of nice ash before I take it out. About then, I usually need to spit. Then the stick sets for a few, while I smell it. If I really like it, I might run inside and try to get the RedHead to appreciate the aroma. Mixed results there. Now settle back, crack a beer, we're ready to enjoy. Type on this. Admire fine German motorcycle steel. Pick it up now and then. Walk to the door and watch the birds feed. Is this a pretty good procedure? How do you guys do? My Grandpa favored a cup of espresso, a leather bound volume of Emerson, a rattan chair, on the verandah. Should've paid more attention to his lighting. Jeez. I started this, I was all pissed off at Verizon FIOS tech support. I'm mellow now.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Well I'm learning something here. This stuff may seem darn simple to the cognoscenti, but to a raw noob like me, much is still a mystery.
    the questions you are asking are a bit mroe difficult than most newbie questions.
    webmost:
    I have an old pipe lighter, but I just can't feature using lighter fluid to start a cigar.
    butane is the key to your lighter problems. however, matches are classic. either will work.
    webmost:
    I used to light a pipe, tamp it down, then light it again. With a cigar, though, seems like you don't want it to go out at all ever. It turns rank, even if you relight right away. I'd use a big stick match if I could find them. I tried using one small diamond, but a cigar needs more fire than that. I've tried an ember from the fire, but I got wood sap taste out of that. Didn't like it. I haven't tried propane. Tried paper matches, didn't like the taste.
    here is my process to lighting a cigar.

pull off cellophane and all other wrappings (cedar, bands etc...)

2) cut.

pull out the totally sweet Xikar EX soft flame butane lighter that laker got me (nice guy isnt he?)

3) light said lighter

4) toast and rotate the foot without actually letting the flame touch the cigar itself.

5) when smoke starts to appear off the foot and a few small spots of ember appear, put the head of the cigar in your mouth and draw on the cigar while lighting the foot, again keeping the flame just out of reach of the cigar while rotating.

6) when you think the cigar is close to or lit, look at the foot of the cigar and lightly blow on it. if it is not evenly lit repeat step 5 again.
    webmost:
    My Dad used to smoke a Swisher's Sweet from time to time. He'd always lick it from end to end before lighting. I find that makes a good cigar burn unevenly. Gave that up.
    good man.
    webmost:
    I hate it when I get one side lit and not the other, or the center lit and not the rest, or if it burns up one side more than the other. I have no notion why, but a symmetrical ash from the get go is important to me, like the head on good stout. You know, an ugly girl may be more willing, but a good looking gal makes me more willing, so it is with an evenly burning cigar. Call me shallow.
    not shallow at all. i have actually been working on an addition to the blending 101 thread about construction and burn and how that relates to the taste of the cigar. the VERY short of it is that the more even a cigar burns the closer you are getting to what the manufacturer/blender intends for the cigar.
    webmost:
    So what I do, I fire two diamond sticks, get a big flame, then roll the cigar a bit in the flame while drawing slow. Tried drawing hard, seemed too hot. After the matches are done, I make sure I get a quarter inch of nice ash before I take it out. About then, I usually need to spit. Then the stick sets for a few, while I smell it. If I really like it, I might run inside and try to get the RedHead to appreciate the aroma. Mixed results there. Now settle back, crack a beer, we're ready to enjoy. Type on this. Admire fine German motorcycle steel. Pick it up now and then. Walk to the door and watch the birds feed. Is this a pretty good procedure? How do you guys do?
    to me it sounds like you are lighting way hot and you are wasting a very good part of the cigar. i can get a good 10-15 min out of the first 1/4 - 1/2 inch. that part is usually sweeter than the rest of the cigar because of how the leaves grow and sugars develop.
    webmost:
    My Grandpa favored a cup of espresso, a leather bound volume of Emerson, a rattan chair, on the verandah. Should've paid more attention to his lighting.
    coffee and cigars. a classic combo. they work together well for a reason.
    webmost:
    Jeez. I started this, I was all pissed off at Verizon FIOS tech support. I'm mellow now.
    welcome to the world of cigars.
  • Options
    Damn. This Alec Bradley Black Market is one fine smoke. Your advice is not going to waste, Kuzi. I dug out an old Bic propane from the camping duffle. Going to try it next time out.

Crosshatched the end of a throwout last night with the pocket knife. It was OK. Not great. Tried the cheap guillotine on this Black Market today. Licked the end as suggested, but still got a ragged cut. Not likely to carry a cutter anyways. I'm just such a maniac minimalist that I have to find a simpler way where I don't have to carry a van full of plumbing supplies. That's what put me off pipe smoking years ago, is all the pockets full of crap that goes with it. A punch on a key ring I can put up with. A pocket knife I've got already. I'll work on that aspect.

But...

What happens when you're getting good answers though is that the questions start to multiply. Here's one that probably right up your alley, Kuzi: What in the world makes a cigar decide it wants to peel off a leaf half way down? You're admiring your nice long ash, you're smoking nice and cool, your beer is half gone, the aroma is surrounding, the mood is mellow, then all of a sudden you see this one leaf unwrapping itself. I hate that. That's probably why Dad slobbered up the Swisher sweet, was to glue down the wrapper. I'm always afraid the darn thing's gonna start leaking air through the side.

How'n the heck do you prevent that?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Damn. This Alec Bradley Black Market is one fine smoke. Your advice is not going to waste, Kuzi. I dug out an old Bic propane from the camping duffle. Going to try it next time out.

Crosshatched the end of a throwout last night with the pocket knife. It was OK. Not great. Tried the cheap guillotine on this Black Market today. Licked the end as suggested, but still got a ragged cut. Not likely to carry a cutter anyways. I'm just such a maniac minimalist that I have to find a simpler way where I don't have to carry a van full of plumbing supplies. That's what put me off pipe smoking years ago, is all the pockets full of crap that goes with it. A punch on a key ring I can put up with. A pocket knife I've got already. I'll work on that aspect.

But...

What happens when you're getting good answers though is that the questions start to multiply. Here's one that probably right up your alley, Kuzi: What in the world makes a cigar decide it wants to peel off a leaf half way down? You're admiring your nice long ash, you're smoking nice and cool, your beer is half gone, the aroma is surrounding, the mood is mellow, then all of a sudden you see this one leaf unwrapping itself. I hate that. That's probably why Dad slobbered up the Swisher sweet, was to glue down the wrapper. I'm always afraid the darn thing's gonna start leaking air through the side.

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now. Good questions, great answers. Webmost, since you say you're a minimalist and always have a pocket knife available, something I've done in the past when I didn't have a cutter available(I know, brothers, it's a punishable offense...)would be to cut a groove in the head of said chosen smoke. It will look like a cat's eye and produce a cut similar to a V-notch cutter will provide. I've used it on everything from Swisher to Padron and Cohiba. Just make sure your knife is extremely sharp. The whole "biting the cap off" thing can, as mentioned before, pull too much away and cause the stick to unravel plus you end up with a mouthful of your stick. Hope the advice helps. Smoke on, brother!
  • Options
    webmost:

But...

minimalist you say? check THIS out.
    two birds. one stone.

could be a few things causing that wrapper to peel. could be construction issues. could be humidity issues. if your cigar is way over humidified then it could be an issue. if it is properly humidified and the air where you are smoking has very high humidity that will cause issues.

• Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    if it is properly humidified and the air where you are smoking has very high humidity that will cause issues.

I've also had this problem of wrapper's starting to peel or crack part way through and I usually chalk it up to the RH & temp difference between the humidor and the smoking environment.

Kuzi, isn't it also true that if the outside air has a much lower humidity, that can cause burn issues with an otherwise fine cigar.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    i dont think so. i was smoking cigars in vegas when the rh was like 3% or something stupid low like that. the cigar burned fine. of course thats just one cigar on one day. ive never heard of that issue before.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i dont think so. i was smoking cigars in vegas when the rh was like 3% or something stupid low like that. the cigar burned fine. of course thats just one cigar on one day. ive never heard of that issue before.
    Ok thanks for the input - and yes that's insanely low RH and a drastic change from the humidor to the outside environment.

What about the smoking environment's temperature? Could that cause cracking/splitting or burn issues. Most of the burn problems I've had occurred during the winter when I'd smoke outside and the temp was under 35 degrees.
    And the cigars were stored around 67-68 degrees. Could that 30+ degree temperature difference cause an issue?

• Options
    iduno. i tend to smoke where it is comfortable. i dont want to "put up with" anything while i smoke. i feel that it is missing the point then.
  • Options
    Lucky.....LOL

• Options
    kuzi16:
    iduno. i tend to smoke where it is comfortable. i dont want to "put up with" anything while i smoke. i feel that it is missing the point then.

My most comfy is in the garage in the dead of Winter, 20s and snow falling outside the bird window where snowbirds are pecking at the feeders, padded Woolrich shirt and Carharts, wrenching on a motorcycle, football on the toob and a beer on the floor. The back of our chimney is in the garage, and we use the fireplace a lot, so the warm bricks knocks some chill off the man cave. But it's still dry as a bone in Winter. I've had them peel there.

Even if I settle in front of the fire, leather couch, feet up, bichon on lap, RedHead chatting, Eagles on the toob, whiskey sour in hand... even so, that toasty hearth draws in a gale of dry outside air. I've had them peel there. We do keep a fountain in the foyer, but it can't keep up with the dry when the fire is roaring.

Very informative.

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I've seen plenty of videos on youtube showing you how to cut and light a cigar. I've viewed more than a few when I started smoking cigars in 2010...
  • Options
    allsmokedup:
    I've seen plenty of videos on youtube showing you how to cut and light a cigar. I've viewed more than a few when I started smoking cigars in 2010...

Terrific. I had not thought of that. Watched a few and completely revised my method of lighting a cigar. Had good success with the pocket knife, just slicing round the end cap and popping it off. Lit her up by toasting with a big flame on a bic. I had been sticking the end in the fire and sucking like a fool. Now, just toasting the end, then blowing on it. Makes all the difference. Did not feel obliged to spit after the first quarter inch. I think I was lighting the damn thing to death is what. This way, it tastes much better right from the get go.

Great advice.

So now I am all lit up, doing it right, and the question becomes: What shall I drink? I am not much of a coffee guy. Once in the morning does it, and not all mornings, either. Have tried scotch. Love scotch. But I don't like to flavor my mouth with scotch and deaden it with alcohol when I'm trying to appreciate the tobacco. Tried bourbon; same deal. One good option is Coors. Not light and certainly not lite. Coors is light enough already. I am strictly a four ingredient guy when it comes to brews. Again, don't want something flavor heavy; just cleansing. Actually had good luck with a rum sour. But I think the best I have found is lemonade watered down about half strength. Cleans the fur off, moistens the way, but doesn't overpower the taste. Plain filtered water works.

What else do you guys suggest? Have not tried but one or two wines with a smoke. Plenty to choose from there. Willing to try. What's your fave?

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coffee, Dr.Pepper, water, nice red.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    oh duhhh..... also a nice dark and thick beer.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    danielzreyes:
    oh duhhh..... also a nice dark and thick beer.

I do love me a Guiness with my Maduros. Frighteningly enough, I've found that strawberry Crush pairs well with certain cigars.
  • Options
    Tomorrow, I have probably got 40 people coming over for our eight annual BMW motorcycle tech day, always held at my wee garage, I know of four cigar smokers among them. I'd like to have something on hand they could enjoy. What should I buy?

Here's what I know about their taste:
    1st guy totes a wee padded aluminum case for cigars when he travels. Eclectic contents. I know among them will be a Rocky Patel.
    2nd guy says he like something maduro and "chewy", whatever that means
    3rd guy like something which I repressed the name of because it sounded so horrible. It comes from Pennsylvania, Amish maybe, soaked in bourbon, described as black Clint eastwood types
    4th guy likes mild and creamy, like me
    Matter of fact, there's a 5th guy. I know zilch about his tastes.

When I drop by the cigar store on the way home this evening, what should I spring for? Don't want to be empty handed; likewise don't want to pass out something they wouldn't smoke. What's a good pass-out?

If nothing else, I was thinking of scoring them a handful of those hard plastic super indestructo cigar tubes that seal up so tight. I know they are excellent for throwing in a saddlebag. Keep your sticks intact.

• Options
    First off, I think these guys will like any cigars you get them - I imagine they'll appreciate the gesture and that you went out of the way to get them some cigars. The hard plastic cases seems like a great idea too. I think either the cigars, cases, or both would make an awesome gift that any BOTL would be happy to get.
    Also, depending on what you want to spend $$, you may consider asking the people at the B&M what they would recommend. But with that being said...I'll give my $0.02 on what cigars I would get.
    webmost:
    1st guy totes a wee padded aluminum case for cigars when he travels. Eclectic contents. I know among them will be a Rocky Patel.
    If you want to get him an RP - I personally like the Vintage 99 for a smooth, mild connie or the Vintage 90 if you want a good medium body cigar.
    webmost:
    2nd guy says he like something maduro and "chewy", whatever that means
    MF Le Bijou and Graycliff 1666 are both good maduros, don't know if I'd describe them as chewy though.
    webmost:
    3rd guy like something which I repressed the name of because it sounded so horrible. It comes from Pennsylvania, Amish maybe, soaked in bourbon, described as black Clint eastwood types
    No idea what that would be but if he likes something soaked in bourbon, maybe get him something from the Drew Estate Acid line - all great infused cigars. Or I've seen Maker's Mark also has "infused" cigars but I've never tried them.
    webmost:
    4th guy likes mild and creamy, like me
    Morro Castle, Montecristo White, Plasencia Organica Reserve
    webmost:
    Matter of fact, there's a 5th guy. I know zilch about his tastes.
    Then he should be happy with anything....if not anything DPG or Camacho may be a good go to for him.

Hope this helps and good luck.

• Options
    In a hurry when I dropped by the store. I forget what all I scored -- a Dunhill, an Alec Bradley sumpin, a Gloria Cubana, and I forget what. Trying to get too many things done that afternoon. Regardless, I think the indestructo cigar tubes which each of my swaps came in were the best appreciated part of the trade. Very appropriate for beemer riders. Added value.

One stick I received said A Fuente Gran Reserva on the red band. Burnt that one last night. The RedHead didn't mind the smell. It was tasty enough. But the deal is, I can still taste it 20 hours later. When I woke up this morning in the mood to fool around, I was rudely rebuffed because I had Fuente breath.

Some cigars leave this persistent ashtray in your mouth. Some don't.

How do you get it out?

• Options
    turpentine...

i brush and then use listerine. im not mad at the results. its not perfect though.
  • Options
    A very frenetic week has prevented me from visiting this forum. But I must report that the stuff I have learned here has been put to good use. Thanks.

For example, I have developed a simple, effective way to slice the cap off a cigar with my pocket knife. I get a better draw and smoother burn than I was getting with a punch. The knife has to be sharp, and that makes me hone more often. So I am headed more minimalist there.

Also, I have learned to toast the end of the cigar rather than suck fire into it. This gets me a sweet smoke right from the beginning. I still get to pacing round the garage thinking, forget what I'm doing, and puff too hard too frequently. Have to overcome that.

On the other hand, one serious problem is definitely on the rise: TOWMBO is on the warpath. Before I began, The One Who Must Be Obeyed expressed that she liked the smell of a cigar. It was cool. Long as I was happy. We used to sit by the fire and both enjoy. How the worm has turned since then: It stinks the house, it hangs in the garage, it stink my clothes, it's going to kill me, blah blah blah blah blahblah. You probably know the drill.

How do you reconcile TOWMBO to smoking cigars without being an ash about it?

• Options
    Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    A very frenetic week has prevented me from visiting this forum. But I must report that the stuff I have learned here has been put to good use. Thanks.

For example, I have developed a simple, effective way to slice the cap off a cigar with my pocket knife. I get a better draw and smoother burn than I was getting with a punch. The knife has to be sharp, and that makes me hone more often. So I am headed more minimalist there.

Also, I have learned to toast the end of the cigar rather than suck fire into it. This gets me a sweet smoke right from the beginning. I still get to pacing round the garage thinking, forget what I'm doing, and puff too hard too frequently. Have to overcome that.

On the other hand, one serious problem is definitely on the rise: TOWMBO is on the warpath. Before I began, The One Who Must Be Obeyed expressed that she liked the smell of a cigar. It was cool. Long as I was happy. We used to sit by the fire and both enjoy. How the worm has turned since then: It stinks the house, it hangs in the garage, it stink my clothes, it's going to kill me, blah blah blah blah blahblah. You probably know the drill.

Not sure what to tell you bro. My wife hates the damn things. She has learned to put up with it somewhat since it makes me happy. I don't smoke inside the house. I don't even smoke inside the garage. I have to be outside or in my truck. And yes, it does stink up the truck. I end up using febreeze and leaving the windows down after I am done (if possible). My wife will never like the smell, the smell of me afterwards and it will be a cold day in hell before she ever smokes one. I've come to say the hell with it, and still enjoy them. You might have to do the same thing but maybe not. Maybe your TOWMBO will come back around again. Good luck!

BTW - there are worse things that are gonna kill me. I would need a new liver before the cigars would ever ruin my lungs, lips, mouth or throat.

Rob
  • Options
    webmost:

ill talk all you want about cigars, but i dont give marital advice.
  • Options
    Hey don't shy away from the terrible TOWMBO conundrum guys. I'm willing to bet this one insoluble ineffable is the number one far and away head and shoulders transcendental dominating reason for noobs to get discouraged and quit cigars right quick. They got the OK, Now they discover the OK really means over her dead body. You know how these valuable critters feel perfectly entitled to throw a hissy fit that would put a two year old to shame just because they hold the key to the pink palace. I do enjoy multiple motorcycle disorder, so rest assured I know how to work the stoic learn to live with it fait accompli. But is that all there is? Has no one found a better answer than to just make her put up with it?

Guys are so much easier to get along with.

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Somewhere on these forums (and on the interwebs) is a link to information and scientific data about how cigars won't kill you. Ialso recall reading somewhere about how the air in NYC is worse for you than cigar smoke because of bus fumes. Search for that to dispell that logic.

As far as the smell goes, you have two options. You can either A) shower, change clothes (put smokey clothes directly in washer or hamper), brush teeth, spray Febreeze, open windows. Or B) Tell her you're the man of the house and men smell like manly things...such as smoke.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Somewhere on these forums (and on the interwebs) is a link to information and scientific data about how cigars won't kill you. Ialso recall reading somewhere about how the air in NYC is worse for you than cigar smoke because of bus fumes. Search for that to dispell that logic.

http://velvetgloveironfist.blogspot.com/2011/09/no-heart-miracles-in-six-us-states.html

http://www.davehitt.com/facts/epa.html

skweekz:
    As far as the smell goes, you have two options. You can either A) shower, change clothes (put smokey clothes directly in washer or hamper), brush teeth, spray Febreeze, open windows. Or B) Tell her you're the man of the house and men smell like manly things...such as smoke.
    good luck with option "B"
  • Options
    Gawd help us. Having apparently never met the female of the species, skweeks begins by suggesting logic and ends by counseling obstinance. The young man is in for a rude awakening.

Woman, noun.

An animal usually living in the vicinity of Man, and having a rudimentary susceptibility to domestication. It is credited by many of the elder zoologists with a certain vestigial docility acquired in a former state of seclusion, but naturalists of the postsusananthony period, having no knowledge of the seclusion, deny the virtue and declare that such as creation's dawn beheld, it roareth now. The species is the most widely distributed of all beasts of prey, infesting all habitable parts of the globe, from Greeland's spicy mountains to India's moral strand. The popular name (wolfman) is incorrect, for the creature is of the cat kind. The woman is lithe and graceful in its movement, especially the American variety (felis pugnans), is omnivorous and can be taught not to talk.

Ambrose Bierce
    Devil's Dictionary

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Haha I love a funny noob! Rest assured, I'm very happily married with child and two dogs. My wife understands that this is my hobby and what i do to relax. She also understands that as a result of my hobby, sometimes I will stink of cigar. And sometimes beer.

Okay frequently beer.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    Haha I love a funny noob! Rest assured, I'm very happily married with child and two dogs. My wife understands that this is my hobby and what i do to relax. She also understands that as a result of my hobby, sometimes I will stink of cigar. And sometimes beer.

Okay frequently beer.
    plus you beat her.

wait...
    was that inappropriate?