Home General Discussion
Options

MARCH MADNESS RETURNS!

Comments

• Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Yeah, but they don't buy directly from Padron, so any embargo threats Padron may make are null and void...
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Yeah, but they don't buy directly from Padron, so any embargo threats Padron may make are null and void...
    Well, whatever the case may be... I have never seen 1926s on sale.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    oldsoulrevival:
    Oh, and for the record, Padron is one of three brands (Davidoff and Arturo Fuente) that the people at ccom are not allowed to ever discount without the manufactures consent. Basically, you NEVER see Padron 1926s on sale. This is super rare. Just thought you should know.
    Hasn't Alex mentioned that they don't have a contract with Padron?
    This is why you see them discounted on the Ccom site, and why they do not have the FR stuff. They do not discount Padron, because they generally have everyone beat. There is a couple other ways to get deals on them, but you have to be a savvy buyer. The 26 is a hit...and I honestly am considering biting...but i got a lead on the 45's that is can't miss and just got the No 1's.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I'm running out of money because its near the end of the month, but I had to bite on today's madness deal. I need more armada's, I really like the core, and I definitely want to try those padron's. Damn you ccom!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Well....that one's done. Teaches me for having to "think it over" for an hour.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Yeah. I just got into my office. SOLD OUT :(
  • Options
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    It's all those West Coast thugs, I tell you. Sitting pretty on their Pacific Coast Time.
  • Options
    y2pascoe:
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    It's all those West Coast thugs, I tell you. Sitting pretty on their Pacific Coast Time.
    Thats just wrong! All specials should be EST. I'm taking my ball and going home!!!
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    Thats just wrong! All specials should be EST. I'm taking my ball and going home!!!
    I woke up and logged in...gone.
  • Options
    crazystixcrazystix Posts: 25
    Yeah, I'm extremely disappointed that I wasn't able to get in on this deal.  It's just not possible to stay up until midnight EST, so I guess that I'll be missing out on the super good deals like this one all week long. 
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    KCW:
    y2pascoe:
    I woke up and logged in...gone.
    That's where you made your mistake, waking up. I thought the idea of these whizz-bang smartphone thing-a-ma-jiggies was so we could pop on ccom specials in the middle of the night.. Kinda wondering what's in store for tomorrow!
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I saw this at midnight when I was at work but elected to pass on it. Although I have major respect to CCOM for such an amazing deal, this one wasn't for me. I don't need a lighter and the Core didn't impress me all that much. So for me, 50 potatoes was a bit steep for 4 cigars (albeing 4 amazing cigars). I figured I'd let this one go so another brother that would appreciate it more could benefit from it. Congrats to the guys that lucked out on this one and thanks again to the guys and gals at CCOM for the deals! I can't wait to see what tonight brings
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    I saw this at midnight when I was at work but elected to pass on it. Although I have major respect to CCOM for such an amazing deal, this one wasn't for me. I don't need a lighter and the Core didn't impress me all that much. So for me, 50 potatoes was a bit steep for 4 cigars (albeing 4 amazing cigars). I figured I'd let this one go so another brother that would appreciate it more could benefit from it. Congrats to the guys that lucked out on this one and thanks again to the guys and gals at CCOM for the deals! I can't wait to see what tonight brings
    Same here. I didn't really care to get the Core's and didn't need another lighter....although i must admit i did think about it for a while just because of the Armada and the Padron.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I guess in your case the middle of the day? Mr. Sydney Australia.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Heavy:
    skweekz:
    Same here. I didn't really care to get the Core's and didn't need another lighter....although i must admit i did think about it for a while just because of the Armada and the Padron.
    +++
  • Options
    Heavy:
    skweekz:
    This is my thought process as well. The Core isn't for me, but Padron/Armada are great cigars and they'd cost $50 on their own, on sale. I'd basically get those 4 cigars at a nice price, with the Core/lighter thrown in for free. I have the same lighter and it works very well - never hurts to have another one.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Unthought_Known:
    Heavy:
    skweekz:
    This is my thought process as well. The Core isn't for me, but Padron/Armada are great cigars and they'd cost $50 on their own, on sale. I'd basically get those 4 cigars at a nice price, with the Core/lighter thrown in for free. I have the same lighter and it works very well - never hurts to have another one.
    I thought about this one last night, but I passed, can't wait until they unleash Fuente...They have too.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Deal alive again nice
  • Options
    When this week is over, I'm shutting off my internet until Cigarfest.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    y2pascoe:
    When this week is over, I'm selling my computer for more money.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scarlin:
    y2pascoe:
    When this week is over, I'm selling my computer for more money.
    *Fixed*- I'm selling my organs for more money.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    crazystixcrazystix Posts: 25
    Awesome! Just bought mine. Thanks CCOM! You rock!
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:
    Unthought_Known:
    Heavy:
    skweekz:
    I thought about this one last night, but I passed, can't wait until they unleash Fuente...They have too.
    We can only hope.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Last year, if I remember correctly, there was a deal that included a Lost City or two, and the year before there was a God of Fire and Lighter deal that was killer... Here's hoping there's Fuente on the menu.
  • Options
    As it turned out, I had to bite. I'll take a Padron 1926 over a Fuente any day of the week and I can't imagine a Madness deal later in the week that's more in my wheelhouse.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually quite interested in the deal next to the March Madness deal. 5 Shorty Punishers. Any feedback on these? I may grab a fiver to try out.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    FYI retail on today's MM would have been 134.95 USD
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Today's deal was tempting, but gotta pass; already have enough Armada's and as much as I love Padron and wanna try the LHC Core, I'm gonna save my pennies for another day
  • Options
    Roberto99:
    I guess in your case the middle of the day? Mr. Sydney Australia.
    Mid afternoon! Luckily not in LA this week.
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Any guess what will be on special tonight?