Home Non Cigar Related

Just playing with ink...

Comments

• Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait till Thursday lol to bad u can't come up to the house so I guess we wi herf and u can sling ink
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see your first " Redneck Mafia" tat! That would look great in the small of ukfan's or brian's back!!! Lol!
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    this thread reminds me we haven't heard from a long time forum BOTL-tat artist, Alienmisprint, for some time. Hope he's doing well.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Can't wait to see your first " Redneck Mafia" tat! That would look great in the small of ukfan's or brian's back!!! Lol!

If you volunteer for it I'll do it for free, Matt!
    Just finished this one tonight for a friend. Nine nieces and nephews and a heart for each one. I free handed the hearts to make them look like the kids had drawn them on with crayons.
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really nice work on the lettering.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    I like the free handed hearts bro, looks really good! Missed a good time to do though!!! LOL
    0patience:
    Really nice work on the lettering.

Thanks, man!
    mmccartneydc:
    I like the free handed hearts bro, looks really good! Missed a good time to do though!!! LOL

Don't think the event coordinator would pay me to come smoke cigars...
    Toombes:
    mmccartneydc:

Don't think the event coordinator would pay me to come smoke cigars...
    True, true, next time maybe you can swing it! They have one every month. Think the next event is CAO!!!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    this thread reminds me we haven't heard from a long time forum BOTL-tat artist, Alienmisprint, for some time. Hope he's doing well.
    I just talked with him on FB recently - he's been deployed to Korea for the past several months. He got a week home with his family for Memorial Day (when we caught up), but other than that he's been incommunicado. Overall, he seems to be well - was definitely glad to see his family.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Matching dragonflies I did for two girls that I work with...
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    I normally don't do the same piece twice, but they're sisters.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    you got a good hand with that lettering.
    Direwolf:
    you got a good hand with that lettering.

Thanks, brohammer! I think it turned out ok to have drawn it by hand on her leg...
  • WhoDeyGalWhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    0patience:
    Since this seems to be the "ink" thread, Maybe we should post out tattoos here?
    I didn't wanna make a new thread and face the wrath.
    I'm sure that someone who has better skills at the search can find the "official" tattoo/ink thread, but since I'm still a newb, you'll have to forgive me for the infractions.

Here is my tattoo. I am an american indian, native american for you politically correct activists. LOL!
    The beartrack in the center is in honor of my grandfather, who's name, aptly enough, is Beartracks.
    The feathers are Bald Eagle feathers, one a juvenile, which represents strength, endurance and energy.
    The other is a mature feather, which represents, wisdom, knowledge and patience. (ok, so I'm working on the patience one. LOL!
    The bear is my spirit guide or Brother spirit, depending on how you look at it.

Ok, more information than you wanted to know about me. LOL!

Nice tat, Mr. Tony!
    Toombes:
    Just finished this one tonight for a friend. Nine nieces and nephews and a heart for each one. I free handed the hearts to make them look like the kids had drawn them on with crayons.
    Awesome looking tat. Love the hearts :)
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Does she know...it's my name? Great art work my friend.
    Toombes:
    Thought I'd throw this one up. Did it last week for a friend who lost some loved ones to brain cancer, hence the gray ribbon. There's a few sketchy spots, but she wouldn't stop texting...
    Comments welcome.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    WhoDeyGal:
    Toombes:
    Awesome looking tat. Love the hearts :)

Thanks much!
    rzaman:
    Does she know...it's my name? Great art work my friend.
    Toombes:
    Thought I'd throw this one up. Did it last week for a friend who lost some loved ones to brain cancer, hence the gray ribbon. There's a few sketchy spots, but she wouldn't stop texting...
    Comments welcome.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

LMAO! I hadn't even thought of that until now, Rip!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many brothers/sisters here have ink done. Someone should start a thread. I'll play.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    danielzreyes:
    I wonder how many brothers/sisters here have ink done. Someone should start a thread. I'll play.

I've got 14, mostly small flash pieces I had done while I was in the military.
    danielzreyes:

I've got 15, mostly small flash pieces I had done while I was in the military. We can just use this thread instead of starting a new one.
    Show us your ink, Brethren and Sistren(not sure if that's a real word...)!
    danielzreyes:
    +1
    WhoDeyGal:
    danielzreyes:
    +1

See previous posts.
    Let you colors fly, boys and girls! Surely Antonio, Irish and myself aren't the only ones with ink. I know marine has a few and I wouldn't be surprised if Jiunn like the month has a full body suit ala Yakuza...
    Would have finished this one last night, but he wussed out on me. I still want to put a bunch more detail into it.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Excellent letter work. I want to do this with my kids' names and without hearts. I also have a tattoo in need of either a cover up or a fix. Wish I was close to you because I would definitely give you some business.
    Thanks, Jake! I'd be more than willing to do some work for you, but that's a bit of a commute for a tattoo.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I ever take a vacation that leads me through your area I will have to set up a pit stop. Plenty of places in my area to go to but I would rather have a fellow BOTL do it. Good excuse to have a good cigar too not that you ever need a reason.
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    I will play

I would still like to get another done, just not sure what yet. Hmmm, Dan might have to bring some equipment for our herfie herf, lol.
    Nice ink, James. I'd have to post quite a few pics but I'll see if I can get some up later.
    I can definitely bring my gear to the herfing!