Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Smoke 'n' Post: Liga Privada Undercrown

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Even at a 54 rg, this cigar is burning very fast. It may be me over-smoking it, but I can't help it... I love the flavors!
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I hear that! These really are my favorite right now. I have yet to be disappointed by one yet, and have been smoking then disproportionately to my other cigars as of late.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    Even at a 54 rg, this cigar is burning very fast. It may be me over-smoking it, but I can't help it... I love the flavors!
    I'm thinking the same thing. The Diesel UC corona from last week is gonna be a longer smoke than this toro at this pace. It's funny how good these things taste considering most of the other sticks out there with a San Andres Maduro wrapper aren't really that great for me.
  • Options
    Yeah... I've gone through 3 boxes in 3 months... lol
  • Options
    BigT06:
    that is a lot of smoking haha.... I could not do that many. I get one a week, MAYYYYBE two if I am feeling crazy lol
  • Options
    At the half way point, the dry cocoa has gotten a bit wetter and more chocolate-y, and the damp earth has gotten a bit dryer. As the transition happened, the cigar maintained perfect balance. There is a bit of leather introduced on the draw, but it is short on the finish, and is only a compliment flavor, not dominant at all.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    BigT06:
    that is a lot of smoking haha.... I could not do that many. I get one a week, MAYYYYBE two if I am feeling crazy lol
    I smoke around 10 cigars a week... to be fair though, I've prob only smoked about 2 boxes... I've bombed and traded out a LOT of these to spread the love.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't finish mine. Got some really bad news (Todd you already know) and just had to toss it.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    At the half way point, the dry cocoa has gotten a bit wetter and more chocolate-y, and the damp earth has gotten a bit dryer. As the transition happened, the cigar maintained perfect balance. There is a bit of leather introduced on the draw, but it is short on the finish, and is only a compliment flavor, not dominant at all.
    I'm there, you nailed the half-way point. My wrapper split but it's still doing okay...
  • Options
    JHewey:
    I couldn't finish mine. Got some really bad news (Todd you already know) and just had to toss it.
    Whatever it is, I hope it turns out alright.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Hope everything turns out to be fine.
  • Options
    Anyone listening to any music right now while they smoke?
  • Options
    Gillian Welch, great musician.
  • Options
    Lamb of God, perfect Paramedic music for hauling around the drunks tonight...
  • Options
    Getting quite a bit of coffee flavors now...
  • Options
    very different style for me tonight hahaha... here is my mix that we are listening to and thoroughly enjoying.

http://8tracks.com/oldsoulrevival/this-will-keep-you-warm

• Options
    bigharpoon:
    Getting quite a bit of coffee flavors now...
    mhmm, creamy coffee... es muy delicioso
  • Options
    Toombes:
    love me some Lamb of God... I was actually jamming to some Mastodon...
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Toombes:
    love me some Lamb of God... I was actually jamming to some Mastodon...

WOOT!! When I get certain patients in the back of the rig, I have this extreme urge to blast "Walk With me in Hell"...
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    This may be the first cigar I enjoy on Thursday when I'm back to smoking!
  • Options
    Mine finished up nicely. As the pepper picked up so did the creamyness. Finished with a solid medium body and tons of flavor. I absolutely love these cigars.
  • Options
    BigT06:
    Mine finished up nicely. As the pepper picked up so did the creamyness. Finished with a solid medium body and tons of flavor. I absolutely love these cigars.
    Ive still got an inch or two on mine, but i am loving every second of it.... creamy, leathery, coffee...y goodness
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    BigT06:
    Ive still got an inch or two on mine, but i am loving every second of it.... creamy, leathery, coffee...y goodness
    That's pretty much where I'm at. These are much more dynamic than I remember. Great stick, very creamy at the end. I wonder if these will age better than the no.9?
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    oldsoulrevival:
    BigT06:
    That's pretty much where I'm at. These are much more dynamic than I remember. Great stick, very creamy at the end. I wonder if these will age better than the no.9?
    agreed! I have to be off for the night, fellas.... I am official in love, with this cigar.........and my girlfriend :) night all
  • Options
    Have a good night, Rich. Maybe I can smoke with ya next week.
  • Options
    bigharpoon:
    I wonder if these will age better than the no.9?
    On paper... no.

but in reality, I think what makes the 9 suffer from aging is the loss of the "pop", and the bold, dynamic flavors...

I don't think that will happen to the Undercrown. I think the flavors start out married pretty well, and they will continue to marry even better with time. It will make the Undercrown more complex.

The loss of the "edge" that the 9 has won't be a negative factor on the Undercrown, which imho makes is better suited to aging.

plus I think the SA wrapper on the Undercrown will hold up to aging better than the oscuro on the no.9. Just my .02
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I noticed when i was smoking mine that it was a smoke bomb the entire time. Damn it was a great smoke though. there was a sweet spot about an inch or so in ( toro) that had some great flavor. I felt like it was some mix of coffee or coco ( my palate is young and it is hard for me to tell).