Cigars. The end?

2»

Comments

• Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I was just foolin Kuzi
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    I wasn't fooling about lobbying, but I wasn't seriously pointing out nominees, sorry if I offended you!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    havanaal:
    kuzi16:
    robert69165:
    What we need is a lobby group to lobby the senate just like the specail interest groups do! I nominate Kuzi and Bad Andy, I think they would be good lobbyist
    why would i want to be a part of a system that i hate so much?

The average salary for a Washington lobbyist is $128,000, and you don't have to do anything except shake hands and pass out checks.
    its not about the money. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning. I couldnt do that unless i was truly able to live what i believe. I cant live what i believe if i am a lobbyist.
    robert69165:
    I wasn't fooling about lobbying, but I wasn't seriously pointing out nominees, sorry if I offended you!
    no offense taken. I actually get this often from many of my friends and coworkers. I have toyed with the idea. there are a host of reasons why I dont. I vote. I debate. I question. I read the news. I look in depth at issues.

thats as far as i want to go at this point in my life. no telling the future though.
  • Options
    LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    This passed to law a few days ago.? ? One of the many things that stood out to me was "Calls for new rules to prevent sales except through direct, face-to-face exchanges between a retailer and a consumer." That's from a summary, and "calls for new rules" is vague, but is this going to affect Cigar.com and it's ilk? There are so many other problems I have with the constant redefinition of freedom, but this little bit seems to relate to and potentially inconvenience us the most. I'm a lurker, I'll post in a newbies thread somewhere so as not to derail this topic.
  • Options
    im fairly sure that this particular bill is about cigarettes not cigars.

that does not mean that cigars are not next on the hit list.
  • Options
    FairwindFairwind Posts: 41

I agree, I didn't see anything relating to Cigars or Pipe tobacco except for the reference to "small cigars".

Dan

• Options
    The thing is, if they can so easily do this to Cigarettes, what's to stop them from moving on to Pipe tobacco and Cigars. Though what I'm hoping is that this is just so Philip-Morris and RJ Reynolds can take out a little competition from the smaller brands that make the flavored cigarettes. Hopefully it won't move much farther than that. Otherwise, I'll have to move to a border town and drive across to get stuff :( -Also, first post :D
  • Options
    PirateTheWind:
    The thing is, if they can so easily do this to Cigarettes, what's to stop them from moving on to Pipe tobacco and Cigars.
    agreed. its just more government control. its the nature of government to want more and more power.