Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Eurocave Humidor for Sale

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94764628@N00/7090284391/

Paid $4800 in 2006, hoping to get $2500. Make me an offer. This is located in the Washington, DC metro area. I'd prefer a local pickup to avoid shipping such a large piece.

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Craigslist is probably a better option for you. Don't take it personally, but nobody here knows you and this is your first post...this is a community, not a marketplace, when sales happen they are by established members.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. I'd be nervous. Nothing personal but we ont know anything about you etc. Build a reputation and then go from there. Scam artists are all around the net. Again no offense intended.
  • Options
    I wouldn't sell it to someone in California regardless. I don't personally smoke cigars so I wouldn't have a reason to gain a reputation here. Just figured I'd go where the cigar smokers are gathering.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    So if you don't smoke cigars, why did you buy it for $4800 in 2006? And why discriminate against California? With the first statement of your second post you've already cemented your reputation here. Good day to you
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Cali has nothing to do with it! Scams are everywhere and we take care of ourown own, If one of the brothers from out east want to look see, then well maybe, but to just zign up and look for a sale, probably NOT! Please don't take offense, if you do so be it!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    silvermarigold:
    I wouldn't sell it to someone in California regardless. I don't personally smoke cigars so I wouldn't have a reason to gain a reputation here. Just figured I'd go where the cigar smokers are gathering.
    You miss the point. Whether you'd sell to California doesn't matter as I wouldn't buy it. Secondly, it's not about building a rep but having one to begin with. Move along, we have no need for you here.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I have no doubt you are legit and not a scammer. With that this forum is still gonna be secular and watch out for each other just in case. I'd visit some of the B&M's around you and see if they would let you put up a flyer plus put the add on Craigslist.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    Hopefully that came stocked with Opus Xs or Cohibas for the price tag, YIKES!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Instead of questioning you like all the other guys, I will say this: I simply don't have that much cash to spend on cigars.
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Hopefully that came stocked with Opus Xs or Cohibas for the price tag, YIKES!
    yeah they arnt cheap.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    How much is your final offer? Are you going to pay for the shipping?
    silvermarigold:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/94764628@N00/7090284391/ Paid $4800 in 2006, hoping to get $2500. Make me an offer. This is located in the Washington, DC metro area. I'd prefer a local pickup to avoid shipping such a large piece.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I see you are not dealing with shipping. I will send someone to inspect the humidor and the condition. How can we arrange it?
    rzaman:
    How much is your final offer? Are you going to pay for the shipping?
    silvermarigold:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/94764628@N00/7090284391/ Paid $4800 in 2006, hoping to get $2500. Make me an offer. This is located in the Washington, DC metro area. I'd prefer a local pickup to avoid shipping such a large piece.
  • Options
    Inspecting the humidor can be arranged. It would have to be Monday or after as I'd like to have my husband there as well. Do you live near Fredericksburg, VA? That is where we are located.

Due to the original investment which a $350 shipping charge put it well over $5,000 we won't be able to pay for shipping. I know $2500 is a good deal for something that works perfectly.
  • Options
    As stated in the original note, I am trying to do a local sale on this item. California or Alaska--it doesn't matter where you are because I don't want to go to the trouble to ship this item. (I can't lift it). It is literally as big as half a fridge.

How can I have a rep to begin with when all I did was offer a high-end humidor at half price to a large group of cigar smokers?

If you can't afford it you shouldn't even be commenting on the post. Are you just here to make snarky comments?
  • Options
    The above post was for J03zr from CA.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    So if you don't smoke cigars, why did you buy it for $4800 in 2006? And why discriminate against California? With the first statement of your second post you've already cemented your reputation here. Good day to you

I am brokering this sale for a family member. I'm not discriminating against California, I just don't want to arrange for shipping (as I have previously stated).

I'm not sure why you need the mean tone to your note.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    silvermarigold:
    The above post was for J03zr from CA.

Alright I'm weighing in on this ! First of all if all you are trying to do is move a highend humidor at half price why should you care what someone else posts . If its such a good deal AND legit then someone will take it off your hands after inspecting it I'm sure . Why are you so bent outta shape over Joe's comments . He is just trying to protect friends here on the forum and has been here quite awhile and is very respected - so if your offer is legit you dont need to worry now do you ?

We consider this our forum and we will damn well try to protect each other from any scams or any harm of any type because thats what we do . If you want to peddle your wares here then you will need to grow a thick skin and deal with it !!!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    If you want to sell a super high end humidor but will not ship anywhere you are going to have a very difficult time.

Imagine the amount of your market you are already eliminating just by saying you are not willing to ship it.

Also if you are going to put yourself out on a cigar forum(s) with no history and no credibility be ready for some pushback. This will be highly scrutinized and by many people not even willing to buy it. Sorry you joined the internets. Be willing to deal with what happens when you show up.
  • Options
    Marker:
    If you want to sell a super high end humidor but will not ship anywhere you are going to have a very difficult time.

Imagine the amount of your market you are already eliminating just by saying you are not willing to ship it.

Also if you are going to put yourself out on a cigar forum(s) with no history and no credibility be ready for some pushback. This will be highly scrutinized and by many people not even willing to buy it. Sorry you joined the internets. Be willing to deal with what happens when you show up.

I think there are plenty of people in the DC metro area with the funds to purchase this item. You should check out the standard of living here. If someone cannot pick it up, they can make all of the arrangements for shipping. I'm not sure why everyone wants to chime in when they have no interest in purchasing it themselves. I guess I came to the right place for "gang up on the lady".
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    silvermarigold:
    Marker:

I think there are plenty of people in the DC metro area with the funds to purchase this item. You should check out the standard of living here. If someone cannot pick it up, they can make all of the arrangements for shipping. I'm not sure why everyone wants to chime in when they have no interest in purchasing it themselves. I guess I came to the right place for "gang up on the lady".
    I dont think anyone cares if you're a man or woman honestly.... This is the most considerate forum in the cigar world hands down. This has nothing to do with you being a woman (you brought that up), and everything to do with your approach. We're watching our backs from people on the website listed in my signature... Good luck, try an apology and start over.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    silvermarigold:
    I think there are plenty of people in the DC metro area with the funds to purchase this item. You should check out the standard of living here.
    Yeah thanks to the American tax payer. You're welcome.
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    silvermarigold:
    Marker:

I dont think anyone cares if you're a man or woman honestly.... This is the most considerate forum in the cigar world hands down. This has nothing to do with you being a woman (you brought that up), and everything to do with your approach. We're watching our backs from people on the website listed in my signature... Good luck, try an apology and start over.

Apologize for what exactly? True, a few nice people said nice things, but a few (like you) are just here to make snarky comments. It's just a humidor for god's sake. I can take my business elsewhere. I don't need to sell it that bad to take this type of abuse from people who don't even know me. What's it to you anyway?
  • Options
    skweekz:
    silvermarigold:
    I think there are plenty of people in the DC metro area with the funds to purchase this item. You should check out the standard of living here.

I would expect a simple minded response regarding the standard of living in DC from someone so young. You don't have a firm grasp of economics. Your comments are silly.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    silvermarigold:
    catfishbluezz:
    silvermarigold:
    Marker:

Apologize for what exactly? True, a few nice people said nice things, but a few (like you) are just here to make snarky comments. It's just a humidor for god's sake. I can take my business elsewhere. I don't need to sell it that bad to take this type of abuse from people who don't even know me. What's it to you anyway?
    Snark? I would be more than happy to go that route if you please. I was simply stating that this has nothing to do with you being a woman, and that we protect ourselves from sumbags.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Alright folks,time to let this fall off the page.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Gentlemen, please is this the way we want to represent our group ? Silver you have a PM.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    Gentlemen, please is this the way we want to represent our group ? Silver you have a PM.

Gentlemen? Not predominately. What is a PM?

I have been defending myself against a bunch of jerks who have nothing better to do apparently.

All I wanted to do was get a decent offer on my humidor but some of you had to be really mean. So easy to hide behind your computer and say whatever you want.
    Does that make you feel better to pick on people?
  • Options
    RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    silvermarigold:
    skweekz:
    silvermarigold:
    I would expect a simple minded response regarding the standard of living in DC from someone so young. You don't have a firm grasp of economics. Your comments are silly.

*Thread Jack*

Maybe some of this could have been avoided with a PM explaining how we do things around here? No disrespect intended Silvermarigold. We usually introduce ourselves in the General Discussion before we start selling. I understand your just trying to sell something and not trying to build a relationship with anyone in the forum. But, so you can have a little understanding where the BOTL's here are coming from. There is a lot scammers and you never no because this is your first post. Which is a sell of something high end. That's why we introduce ourselves before selling stuff. I hate for you to get a bad impression of our site. But, it's just like anything else you get involved in. We have rules, apologizes.

As for the Thread Jack.

Skweekz you S.O.G. I live in Maryland and I'm in the military. Thank you for helping pay my check. But, as some know. I'm also a business owner. That's your butt if that DC you put up is for me....

Thread Jacking over, :)......

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    On the top of the page that is your thread, is a line marked inbox click there. I was talking to the other members of the forum when I used the word "Gentlemen" I know whats going on.. Please read my private message to you. Peace.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I can see someone has a background in sales... nothing like fighting with your customers