Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Is there a Smoke 'n' Post tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    did some diggin and found a 5 vegas miami from october 2011...we shall see what 6 months does for it...while it is not a blue, the label is ;)
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Burn is starting to get a little uneven and the ash isn't really holding on to well. Picking up some sweetness now.

• Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    bearb:
    did some diggin and found a 5 vegas miami from october 2011...we shall see what 6 months does for it...while it is not a blue, the label is ;)
    this is a bit of a "smoke em if youve got em" week lol... its always nice to just have mates to chat with while smoking. Definitely still enjoying my heritage: creamy chocolate and leather, very little, if any spice, picking up a bit in strength as we come to a finish. Started off with a med-full, went to medium, and finishing again at medium full.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Burn is starting to get a little uneven and the ash isn't really holding on to well. Picking up some sweetness now.

I cant wait till my wrappers start looking like this. How long does that take? I've noticed a little tinge on a couple of mine, but not much.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Bought an inch in and I feel like the spice has already mellowed out. Never had one ROTT to compare. This one has some age on it. Not sure how much though.

The word "Sexy" comes to mind.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    amz1301:

I cant wait till my wrappers start looking like this. How long does that take? I've noticed a little tinge on a couple of mine, but not much.
    Picked this one up out of a box at my B&M a couple weeks ago. Not sure how old they are. I think they almost had a full box more like this. The way this smoke is going they won't next time I get up there.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    That's one thing I love about aging these cigars, the spice dies down but doesn't go away. It just melts together perfectly with the rest of the stick. Love the ashtray by the way, I just bought a white one. I'm moving on to a Johnny-O in a few!
  • Options
    Little past the half waypoint. Getting a liitle bit of pepper on the back of my tongue and some sweetness up front with some wood overtone. Burn is still a little uneven but I haven't had to do any touchups. So far a fantastic smoke. Pairs very well with this beer which is also great.
  • Options
    amz1301:
    Little past the half waypoint. Getting a liitle bit of pepper on the back of my tongue and some sweetness up front with some wood overtone. Burn is still a little uneven but I haven't had to do any touchups. So far a fantastic smoke. Pairs very well with this beer which is also great.
    I can tolerate an uneven burn, so long as it stays lit. Glad to hear you are enjoying it. Lanceros are something I really want to get into, but I've only ever had one. Might need to pick up one of these as my next one.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    That's one thing I love about aging these cigars, the spice dies down but doesn't go away. It just melts together perfectly with the rest of the stick. Love the ashtray by the way, I just bought a white one. I'm moving on to a Johnny-O in a few!
    Again, I cant wait till some of my favorite cigar sin my humi get some age on them. I am so new to really being into cigar smoking that mine havent had time to age. As I recall, the one blue a BOTL (can't remember who, unfortunately) sent to me did have quite a bit of age one it, and it was delicious.
  • Options
    about 1.5 inches into the 5v miami...only had a few b4, not near the computer, but popped back inside for an update...unfortunate when the burn takes work...it is perfeclty still outside for me and there is a nice touch of spice onthe back of the throat..nothing strong...faded a touch since the start...love the flavour sitting in my mouth now...the retro is wonderful too...surprised me a tad given the med nature of smoke thus far...i made a little fire also to take the chill off also ;)
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    Again, I cant wait till some of my favorite cigar sin my humi get some age on them. I am so new to really being into cigar smoking that mine havent had time to age. As I recall, the one blue a BOTL (can't remember who, unfortunately) sent to me did have quite a bit of age one it, and it was delicious.
    ///it wont take too much time b4 you have a whole humi full of smokes wondering how you got so behind on your smoking...seems the deals are pretty hard to resist when you start...don't worry, your hobby will grow, unless you would rather be a cigar collector!
  • Options
    bearb:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    ///it wont take too much time b4 you have a whole humi full of smokes wondering how you got so behind on your smoking...seems the deals are pretty hard to resist when you start...don't worry, your hobby will grow, unless you would rather be a cigar collector!
    Oh, I certainly have a full humi of stuff I need to smoke, but I keep getting this feeling that I might need to upgrade soon.... this hobby hit fast and hard! haha
  • Options
    most certainly storage becomes the challenge....i'd best go see how htat cigar is doing by iteself outside...bbl
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    bearb:
    oldsoulrevival:
    OchoZacho:
    Oh, I certainly have a full humi of stuff I need to smoke, but I keep getting this feeling that I might need to upgrade soon.... this hobby hit fast and hard! haha
    That's the way it goes my friend! This Johnny O is OOOOOO soooo good!
  • Options
    Just finished up. Smoked that thing till I burnt my fingers, lol. Never got hot or harsh, great smoke.
  • Options
    Great cigar to age
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to have missed the event, good ol' life's curve balls and such. The DPG Blue is one of my all time favorite cigars, partially because it's a great stick and partially because of sentimental reasons. Looks like everyone liked it, I'm gonna have to get a Blue in lancero one of these days!