Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rip's Cigar Journal

Comments

• Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

This cigar has not been released in the market yet. I received couple sticks as a gift from Pepin. I am very honored to have the chance to smoke it before the official release. This year Pepin is going to celebrate 10 years Anniversary. This is not only a simple 10 years in business for him but also his Flor de las Antillas has rated as the no. 1 cigar in 2013 Cigar Aficionado’s yearly rating. How many cigar makers can have a moment like this? He is going to release two lines of 10th Anniversary cigars- first in his own name DPG 10th Anniversary Limited Edition and the second one jointly with Tatuaje to celebrate their last ten years of parallel success in the industry.
    photo Gigante13005_zps543505ba.jpg
    I am happy to review Pepin Garcia’s 10th Anniversary Limited Edition today. I have some idea what is the wrapper, binder and the fillers are but I do not want to steal Pepin's show. I will wait until he reveals officially by himself. This cigar is carefully blended with a selection of aged Nicaraguan tobacco, a specialty tobacco used only in this blend that Pepin is growing in special area on one of his farms, the famed Cuban seed Pelo de Oro tobacco which provides this blend with loads of rich flavor. The wrapper is very obvious, one of his favorite he uses in his limited edition cigars. The wrapper is dark brown coffee color, Many visible veins, and oily. It has no soft spot, feels solid and good in hand. The wrapper has dry woody scent. The foot of the cigar has cedar, mild earth and slight tobacco sweetness. The cold draw is little loose, I can also feel that the cigar is little light compares to the size- it is possible this time Pepin used less tobaccos in the blend. The cold draw has hay, cocoa powder and light sweet chocolaty aroma. Interestingly I am not getting any dry red chili peppery spiciness which I found in most of his cigar. However, while licking my lips, I can feel a mild zing of red chili pepper spiciness. The flavor profile is the combination of earth, cedar, leather, black pepper, cocoa, bitter-sweet chocolate, cappuccino, medium espresso, cinnamon, clove flavors and dried fruity aroma. It also has a toasted almond and rich caramel-mild molasses sweetness at the finish. Most probably, Pepin will officially reveal the cigar in a Grand party in Miami on May, 2013.
    photo Gigante13004_zps7f915e62.jpg photo Gigante13001_zps73065015.jpg
    1/3: it starts with earth, cedar, leather, cocoa, mild cinnamon flavors with serious black pepper blast. This is signature Pepin style which I do not like. During retrohale the spiciness is like red chili pepper through the nose which is unpleasant. It also has a slight harshness and metallic finish at the finish. However, within a inch (approximately 5-6 puffs) of smoke, the cigar performs completely different. The unpleasant overpowering spice, mild harshness and metallic finish completely disappeared. In fact, the strength is mild to medium now. What a twist and something so different in Pepin's blends. It concentrates more into robust flavors and aroma rather than the overpowering signature Pepin spice and strength. Finally, he created a blend with robust flavors and aroma with less strength. A good cigar is not about the power and strength- it is about balanced complex flavors and aroma with long finish. The top of my tongue has a subtle and pleasant zing of black pepper spice, the strength is mild to medium with above flavors and aroma with long finish, I already have a soft tingly feeling around my mouth, the back of my tongue is almost clean. The red peppery overpowering spiciness is gone and taken over by a subtle black peppery spiciness through the nose-wow! What a twist in complexity. I am also detecting a nice sweet dried fruity aroma at the back with a mild caramel sweetness at the finish. This blend is nothing like any other Pepin blends.
    photo Gigante13002_zps5591bfc2.jpg
    2/3: at the beginning of second third, the strength is medium but still smooth without a sign of harshness. Pepin significantly reduced the mightily spicy kick and overpowering strength in this blend which is allowing me to enjoy the complex and balanced flavors and aroma with long finish. The initial cedar, leather flavors have faded away and taken over by a three dimensional complex earthiness with spicy, sweet and musky aroma. Along with three dimensional earthinesses, I am also detecting sweet cocoa, bitter-sweet chocolate, aromatic cinnamon, cappuccino coffee flavors with dried sweet fruity and a mild floral aroma at the back. It also has toasted almond and rich caramel-mild molasses sweetness at the finish. This is simply an awesome smoke. I am enjoying every single puff. It does have some Cuban Partagas series E no. 2 floral aroma. The possibility is the first generation Corojo 98 tobacco. Also the sign of Pepin's highly regarded gem- the Pelo de Oro tobacco. I am more confident to say this because this is my third time I am smoking this cigar. If you take a 2-3 years aged Padron Family Reserve 45th cigar, just simply add two more points in complexity, flavors and aroma with super long finish. This is definitely my top three Nicaraguan cigars. A little aging will eliminate the initial 1/3 harshness and mild metallic finish completely. This cigar is all about flavors and aroma rather than overpowering strength and spice. The smoke is extremely complex with layers and layers of balanced flavors and aroma with super long finish. My mouth is filled with subtle tingly feeling. The smoke is not thick but very smooth and lush. The delicate black peppery spiciness through the nose is very enjoyable. This cigar has all the quality of Davidoff musky earthiness but with more robust Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. I am in love with this cigar.
    photo Gigante13003_zpsfdc35475.jpg
    Final/3: Again, the strength is moving around mild to medium and medium in strength which allowing me to enjoy the complex flavors and aroma more precisely. The 2/3 complete flavor profile is still there but added with medium espresso coffee and aromatic clove flavors with sweet dried fruity and mild floral aroma at the back. The toasted almost finish is also there but the caramel-molasses sweetness is richer with creamier finish. The retrohale black peppery spiciness through the nose is still delicate and soft-amazing! The complexity of flavors, aroma and finish craps my heads off. The top of my tongue has a crispy zing of black peppery spice, the middle of my tongue is filled with smooth, lush smoke with above flavors and aroma, the back of my tongue is clean. I am almost end of the final/3, the strength is back to solid medium with extreme complex and balanced flavors, aromatic aroma with super long finish. My entire mouth is filled with subtle tingly feeling. When I lick my lips, it has a nice bitter-sweet tobacco taste. This is close to a perfect smoking experience.

Final thoughts: I will say with confidence that this is Pepin best cigar-why? He really reduced the overpowering spice, strength which allows enjoying the complexity of the cigar. This is also by far the lightest cigar Don Pepin has blended. He concentrated more on flavors and aroma rather than the strength and spice. Well done Pepin!!! I am drinking plain iced water. First one inch has the overpowering spice and mild harshness but it completely disappeared after that and taken over with mild-medium strength. This cigar will be very popular to the smokers who enjoy flavor and aroma more than strength. Some people might be disappointed because it doesn't have as usual Pepin's spiciness and the full bodied strength. I am going to collect this cigar as many as possible. This is one of the top three Nicaraguan cigars...period.
    photo Gigante13007_zps6323772e.jpg photo Gigante13003_zps2ad5a3a1.jpg
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Another wonderful review Rip, I'm gonna look out for these when they come out hopefully I can score a box
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely splendid read and teaser for what's to come Rip, love the experience you relayed to us and really made me feel like I personally was reviewing this cigar! Smoking my first FdLA as I read this and its one of my top 3 Pepin's to date and can only imagine what he 10th will bring when it's released! Keep reviewing and sharing, yi have a real talent for it ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    musicman3musicman3 Posts: 622
    Thanks for the review sir. This review has me excited to try this cigar. As a DPG fan I can't wait!!
  • Options
    Thanks Jesus. If you are unable to find them please let me know.
    big chunks:
    Another wonderful review Rip, I'm gonna look out for these when they come out hopefully I can score a box
  • Options
    Thanks Brett...I also enjoy your well structured reviews. I agree with you FDLA offers great value with the price. I smoked almost a box and I am getting attached with it. However, the initial spiciness still bother me a little. You are right, most probably FDLA is top 5 Pepin's blends along with 10th Anniversary, Blue label, El Centanerio, My Father LE 2010 and My Father Le Bijou 1922.
    90+ Irishman:
    Absolutely splendid read and teaser for what's to come Rip, love the experience you relayed to us and really made me feel like I personally was reviewing this cigar! Smoking my first FdLA as I read this and its one of my top 3 Pepin's to date and can only imagine what he 10th will bring when it's released! Keep reviewing and sharing, yi have a real talent for it ;)
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind words Mike. IMO, 10th Anniversary is Pepin's best blend so far. I really like the reduced strength and spiciness with robust flavors, aroma with long finish.
    musicman3:
    Thanks for the review sir. This review has me excited to try this cigar. As a DPG fan I can't wait!!
  • Options
    curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Great Read ! Wonderful Review. Will certainly look for these !
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rzaman:
    Thanks Brett...I also enjoy your well structured reviews. I agree with you FDLA offers great value with the price. I smoked almost a box and I am getting attached with it. However, the initial spiciness still bother me a little. You are right, most probably FDLA is top 5 Pepin's blends along with 10th Anniversary, Blue label, El Centanerio, My Father LE 2010 and My Father Le Bijou 1922.
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks Rip, very very kind of you to say and I agree 100% with your take in his top five cigars as well! Can't wait to see if that spicy red pepper blast calms down after some rest or age, will let you know what I find later on if it changes for me. Thanks again and keep em coming!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    rza, I just had to comment and say I've been scrolling through your thread. I don't know what I'm most jealous of ... your cigar collection, ashtray collections or statues. Damn dude, just damn
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Rip. Nice review.
    I gotta laugh a little. I remember you writing that your goal was to only smoke aged cigars. And it seems these great new-releases keep you from doing so.
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind word Curt. This is going to be very limited so grab as much as you can. I was not a huge Pepin fan but this cigar along with Blue label, La flor de Antillas, El Centanerio, Le Bijo and My Father LE 2010 really captured my attention about his blends.
    curtpick:
    Great Read ! Wonderful Review. Will certainly look for these !
  • Options
    I appreciate your kind words Landon, thanks!
    madurofan:
    rza, I just had to comment and say I've been scrolling through your thread. I don't know what I'm most jealous of ... your cigar collection, ashtray collections or statues. Damn dude, just damn
  • Options
    Thanks Rick. I do love aged cigars and also my goal was to collect some of Pepin's aged cigar. I did get some original release El Centanerio, Blue Label, My Father LEs but this 10th Anniversary is the best one. I have always expressed my dislike about Pepin's over spicy and overpowered cigars. I think he made it right. edium body with unique Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. He aged these tobaccos for a while for his Anniversary blend. A lot of cigar makers fail to release memorable Anniversary release but Pepin did it right.

I can be wrong but lately I am observing a trend in some Nicaraguan cigars. They are reducing the overpowering strength and spice to let the smokers enjoy the unique Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. I hope Padron does it soon. Maybe things are changing slowly. I found this trend in AJs Oval, DE Harrera Estelli, Joya de Nicaragua's Cuenca y Blanco, Tatuaje L'Atelier and now Pepin's 10th Anniversary.

If my assumption is right then we will see some great smokes from Nicaragua soon. A good cigar is not about strength and power, it is about complex and balanced flavors and aroma with long finish. Nicaragua has its unique black peppery spiciness with rich cocoa, chocolate, coffee flavors with slight fruity salty notes. I hope, Nicaraguan cigar makers stop using the so-called Cubanesque marketing jab rather than proudly present the uniqueness of its own.
    beatnic:
    Rip. Nice review.
    I gotta laugh a little. I remember you writing that your goal was to only smoke aged cigars. And it seems these great new-releases keep you from doing so.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget Plasencia either. The stuff he is doing with Manolo is excellent. Domus Magnus, Ezra Zion, and Regius are all fantastic smokes. I have a feeling those two will be pushing the envelop here soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Plasencia did Curivari Reserva 4000 as well.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    rzaman:
    Thanks Rick. I do love aged cigars and also my goal was to collect some of Pepin's aged cigar. I did get some original release El Centanerio, Blue Label, My Father LEs but this 10th Anniversary is the best one. I have always expressed my dislike about Pepin's over spicy and overpowered cigars. I think he made it right. edium body with unique Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. He aged these tobaccos for a while for his Anniversary blend. A lot of cigar makers fail to release memorable Anniversary release but Pepin did it right.

I can be wrong but lately I am observing a trend in some Nicaraguan cigars. They are reducing the overpowering strength and spice to let the smokers enjoy the unique Nicaraguan flavors and aroma. I hope Padron does it soon. Maybe things are changing slowly. I found this trend in AJs Oval, DE Harrera Estelli, Joya de Nicaragua's Cuenca y Blanco, Tatuaje L'Atelier and now Pepin's 10th Anniversary.

If my assumption is right then we will see some great smokes from Nicaragua soon. A good cigar is not about strength and power, it is about complex and balanced flavors and aroma with long finish. Nicaragua has its unique black peppery spiciness with rich cocoa, chocolate, coffee flavors with slight fruity salty notes. I hope, Nicaraguan cigar makers stop using the so-called Cubanesque marketing jab rather than proudly present the uniqueness of its own.
    beatnic:
    Rip. Nice review.
    Rip I hope your right and the trend continues to grow
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Another good read Rip. I have heard of these coming to market later this year and like most of the Pepin stuff. I am just wondering if this is going to be out of the price range and be a once or twice stick.
  • Options
    Hi Bombay, thanks for your kind words. I assume this cigars will be $20/stick because all the Pepin's limited edition cigars are close to $20. I didn't ask Pepin about the price.
    Bombay:
    Another good read Rip. I have heard of these coming to market later this year and like most of the Pepin stuff. I am just wondering if this is going to be out of the price range and be a once or twice stick.
  • Options

Established in 1903, La Aurora is the oldest cigar factory in the Dominican Republic. In 2003, the company celebrated Cien Anos, 100 years in the business. To mark this milestone of great cigars, the Cien Anos was released, a cigar that is still talked about today. The cigar was rated as the #2 cigar in 2004 by Cigar Aficionado. The original release has a Dominican grown Corojo wrapper aged for four years, and the fillers are Corojo and Piloto Cubano which have been reserved and aged since 1996. The one I am smoking now is from the original release and given to me by the Master blender Jose Blanco. The cigar was released in 2003 and until now it got additional 10 years of age in it. In fact, Jose became a well-known blender for the original 100 Anos blend. Taste is individual but in my opinion this the best cigar from la Aurora company by far. There is also a second release came out in 2012. It has a fascinating story behind blending this cigar. I was impressed how Jose came up with the blend with a lot of commercial pressure, sense of patriotism and hard work. I will write about the story some other time.
    photo CC2038_zps5b316e53.jpg
    The first thing I love about this cigar is, it’s beautiful band with old and classic look. The band is gold and red, featuring the profile of a lion with red sunset at the back, golden leaves wrap around the band and individually numbered. All the original 100 Años cigars have a serial number printed on a second band that sits beneath the lion-head band. The wrapper is cinnamon brown color, oily and it has some visible small veins. It has a rich barnyard, hay, leathery scents and some cedar, nutmeg and tart like aroma on the foot. The cold draw is perfect with cocoa powder, sweet wood, aromatic spicy aroma. This is an extremely complex, balanced cigar with long finish. It has unique salty and savory rich layers and layers of flavors and aroma. The long age made this cigar like a fine wine. The smoke is aromatic, super smooth, clean, subtle and creamy. The flavors and aroma profile is the combination of cedar, sweet mild earth, delicate black pepper, sweet leather, vanilla, cocoa, rich chocolate, cappuccino (coffee:mild / 50:50), aromatic cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves flavors and zesty citrus(sweet orange),dried fruit, mild floral, roasted nutty aroma. There is a wonderful dark molasses and caramel sweetness at the finish. It has a wonderful black pepper and green chili peppers spiciness through the nose. The strength is straight medium bodied with perfect draw and burn.
    photo CC2039_zps5d258551.jpg
    Wrapper: Corojo from 1998

Binder: Dominican

Filler: Dominican Corojo, Piloto Cubano from 1996
    photo CC2061_zpsef3f175e.jpg
    1/3: Right from the first puff, the cigar is super smooth with sweet cedar-earth-leather, subtle black pepper, aromatic cinnamon flavors with mild floral aroma at the back. There is also a distinctive underlying dried fruity sweetness note at the finish. Within few puffs I am also detecting additional vanilla, cocoa flavors with a zesty orange kind of citrusy note at the finish- simply WOW! The spiciness through the nose is the combination of subtle black pepper and green chili pepper spiciness. The smoke is soft creamy and silky smooth. The top of my tongue has a subtle black peppery spiciness, the middle of my tongue is full of thick creamy smoke with above flavors, aroma and notes, the back of my tongue is completely clean. The symphonic flavors and aroma with layers after layers is the prize of the long age. This is the perfect example of what proper aging does to a well-blended cigar. It is already extremely complex, well balanced with long finish. There is also rich molasses sweetness after each puff. The strength is straight medium without any harshness. I can't remember the detail when I smoked it few years ago but I do remember it didn't performed like now that time. The draw and burn is perfect. My mind has been already captivated with joy of fine smoking.
    photo CC2062_zps3241e858.jpg
    2/3: The second third started off more on the sweet earthy-mild leather, rich chocolate, cocoa flavors with aromatic cloves, nutmeg, dried fruit, mild floral aroma and a note of roasted nutty finish. The sweetness has a rich molasses and caramel finish. The black peppery flavor is still there but more round and subtle. I need to mention that how well everything is balancing with ever changing complex turns. The 1/3 full flavor and aroma profile is there as well as the newly found 2/3 flavors and aroma. The cigar adds additional 2-3 points in complexity here. The only chance is during the retrohale- the green chili peppers spiciness is gone but the subtle black peppery spiciness is still there. The top of my tongue has a soft touch of black peppery spiciness, the middle of my tongue if filled with creamy, silky smooth smoke with above flavors and aroma, the back of my tongue is still clean. The layers and layers of flavors and aroma are so complex and combined that sometime it is difficult to separate them apart. They are all concentrated in a soft and silky ball of flavors and aroma. The smoke is so smoot that I am not only retrohaling but also practically inhaling some smoke though my nose. I do not want to lose any back or underlying notes of this great smoke. Managua is little windy today and I am really little annoyed with it because it hampering my meditative smoking moment. The strength is still straight medium without any harshness. Until now, the draw and burn is more than perfect.
    photo CC2063_zps90ff8970.jpg
    Final/3: At this stage, the flavor profile gets more strong with cappuccino(coffee: milk/50:50), vanilla, black pepper, aromatic cinnamon, cloves flavors with nutmeg, cocoa, medium dried fruit-floral, zesty orange, roasted nuts aroma at the back. The sweetness is more upfront with richer molasses and caramel touch-WOW! The retrohale still has the subtle black peppery spiciness though the nose. There is also a salty and savory finish end of each puff. The top of my tongue still has the soft black peppery spiciness, the middle of my tongue is still filled with 1/3, 2/3 flavors and aroma profile with above complex and well balanced final/third's twisted flavors and aroma, the back of my tongue has a tobacco sweetness. This is super extreme complexity with long finish. My entire mouth is full of tingly feeling. At the middle of final/3, I am also detecting the increase of spiciness but still well balanced. The retrohale and the inhale both have been super enjoyable. The rich molasses-caramel sweetness also has an underlying saltiness. I am really lost in a complex flavorful world. Indeed, the cigar has an aged matureness which reminds me of the Padron Millenium cigar; most probably I smoked a year ago. When a cigar gets long age, it performs very differently. It loses all the harshness and simply mellow out. The smoke only releases the complex flavors and aroma. There are also layers and layers of underlying notes with the fine tobacco sweetness. The harshness completely disappear which allow us to enjoy the fine smoke. I will rate this cigar with 95 points.

Final Thoughts: Jose Blanco gave me couple of the original release of 100 anos cigars. I believe, I still have 5-6 in my aging vault. I will guard them as long as I am alive and smoke them in a very special moment. Today is an average Saturday and I just picked it up without any thought. I do not want to smoke them so often because I rarely enjoy a non-Cuban cigar at this extent. I will not even try to compare this cigar with any Cuban or non-Cuban because this simply a unique Taste of Heaven.
  • Options
    Just had the Maduro, gotta finish the review tomorrow. My experience was similar, it was simply one of the best finishes I've ever experienced. To me, it embodied what a long finish should be. 100 Anos are always amazing. Great review man.
  • Options
    Thanks Dustin! I agree with your comments on finish. The Maduro you smoked is part of the 2012 release, correct? Can't wait to read your review. have tried the regular 2012 release?
    catfishbluezz:
    Just had the Maduro, gotta finish the review tomorrow. My experience was similar, it was simply one of the best finishes I've ever experienced. To me, it embodied what a long finish should be. 100 Anos are always amazing. Great review man.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Thanks Dustin! I agree with your comments on finish. The Maduro you smoked is part of the 2012 release, correct? Can't wait to read your review. have tried the regular 2012 release?
    catfishbluezz:
    the Maduro is very limited from 2012. I honestly wished I knew, I would've bought more. The finish was so log and enjoyable, it set a benchmark for me to judge other cigars from. I've had several 2012 as well, they are excellent cigars IMO and truly special occasion cigars.
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Before even reading the review, or the title, I saw the picture and thought, "wow, that looks like a really nice cigar." I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or a cigar by its wrapper and band, but that thing is beautiful. I guess a century is worth celebrating in a classy way. As always, great review, Rip.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Great review rip! This is one of my favorites and wish they were regularly produced!! Even just a small amount every year would keep me happy!! I think la aurora has taken steps in the right direction recently and as for the price tag I think for the most part they are spot on.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind comments Eric. I believe La Aurora 100 Anos is a perfect release to celebrate 100 Years Anniversary. There is a long interesting history behind development of this blend. I was fascinated to learn how Jose Blanco created this blend with his own words.
    Martel:
    Before even reading the review, or the title, I saw the picture and thought, "wow, that looks like a really nice cigar." I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, or a cigar by its wrapper and band, but that thing is beautiful. I guess a century is worth celebrating in a classy way. As always, great review, Rip.
  • Options
    Thanks Lee. I agree it would be really nice as a regular production. however, the truth is 99% time excellent cigars are limited release. I am trying to secure a box. When I get it, I will share couple with you. Though 100 Anos is their best release but La Aurora Vintage 2003 is also a good alternate.
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Great review rip! This is one of my favorites and wish they were regularly produced!! Even just a small amount every year would keep me happy!! I think la aurora has taken steps in the right direction recently and as for the price tag I think for the most part they are spot on.
  • Options
    Still waiting for your review bro. I feel like, we have similier taste buds and usually we come close to the end. I know you don't like La Palina and Fuentes but its all good-:)
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    catfishbluezz:
    the Maduro is very limited from 2012. I honestly wished I knew, I would've bought more. The finish was so log and enjoyable, it set a benchmark for me to judge other cigars from. I've had several 2012 as well, they are excellent cigars IMO and truly special occasion cigars.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Still waiting for your review bro. I feel like, we have similier taste buds and usually we come close to the end. I know you don't like La Palina and Fuentes but its all good-:)
    catfishbluezz:
    rzaman:
    catfishbluezz:
    hahaha...yeah I know... It's the Cameroon man... I've never liked anything Cameroon, not sure why. I'm going to review the La Palina classic soon as well. Just had a rough two weeks with family and busy with gigs. I haven't been into reviewing lately, need a good kick in the rear from a new cigar again.
  • Options

Partagas is among the oldest extant brands of cigars, established in Havana in 1845. The name is used today by two independent and competing entities; one produced on the island of Cuba for Habanos SA- the Cuban state-owned tobacco company. The Spaniard Don Jaime Partag
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Nice reading. Thanks Rip.